Extension of Visitors Visa for less than 6 months

dallasindian06

My inlaws' I-94 is currently stamped for first week of August(they arrived here in 2nd week of Feb) but we are considering extending their vistor's visa. Their 10-year visa is slated to expire in 3rd week of October. So we are considering requesting a 2 months extension to their visitor's visa.

Additional background is that my inlaws were here last year as well but their extension was rejected (due to lack of complete documents being sent when applying for the extension) but they didnt over-stay or anything.

Questions -
- Is it possible to request a 2 month extension given their visa expiring situation. I am normally used to requesting a 6 month extension so not sure if there is even such a concept.
- Are the chances of rejection higher due to all of the above constraints.

Pl provide your opinion.

A1: She may apply for an extension
A2: Your mother-in-law clearly is spending (or trying to spend) to much time on her visit visa. I would strongly advise not filing for an EOS.

Questions -
- Is it possible to request a 2 month extension given their visa expiring situation. I am normally used to requesting a 6 month extension so not sure if there is even such a concept.
- Are the chances of rejection higher due to all of the above constraints.