Extension of DS-2019

bhaiye

Registered Users (C)
1)I am completing my residency training on 6/30/07 , i need extension of my DS-2019 till 8/30/07 in order to take my boards. Can I get an extension of my Ds-2019 eventhough my J-1 waiver has been approved . I have not yet filed for an H-1 B. My program is willing for the extension.

2) If my employer files for h-1 b on my behalf in april 2007 and I am granted H-1 status with a start date of 10/1/07 will ib still considered to be in status eventhough my Ds-2019 would have expired by then

Please advise

sincerely

bhaiye:mad: :rolleyes:

1)I am completing my residency training on 6/30/07 , i need extension of my DS-2019 till 8/30/07 in order to take my boards. Can I get an extension of my Ds-2019 eventhough my J-1 waiver has been approved . I have not yet filed for an H-1 B. My program is willing for the extension.

2) If my employer files for h-1 b on my behalf in april 2007 and I am granted H-1 status with a start date of 10/1/07 will ib still considered to be in status eventhough my Ds-2019 would have expired by then

Please advise

sincerely

bhaiye:mad: :rolleyes:

Waiting for inputs from others, I think since you got the waiver it is not allowed to extend or transfer your J. Call the ECFMG (visa section) to ask about the issue of the board, I think you can stay legally if you prove that you are going to sit for board exam (you will be legal, but you can not work).

I think, but not 100% sure that filing for H while you are in status (J) and before its expiration, again will put you in legal stay without work permit till your h het approved in the specific time.

no. you need to maintain status until Oct 1.

Re:any altenatives if my DS-2019 is not extended

Hey, thanks for all the input . Could you please suggest some alternate pathway to enable us to stay in the US from July 2007 thru September 2007.

regards

bhaiye:(

J1 waiver docs are excempt from the H1B cap, therefore you can start your H1B from July itself instead of waiting till October...Why don't you do that?