Extension Denied, Visa Revoked and New Visa Application Denied-Any Hope?

ixora78

Registered Users (C)
I have a complicated problem here.
I tried to do extension for my parents stay in 2008 (B2 Visa) but the extension were denied.
They left US within 2 weeks after received the decision letter however, the date past the I94 date.
They managed to came in to US in Oct 2009 using the same visa despite the visa should be voided.
They left within the date specified by I94 this time.

They tried to come in again in July 2010 using the same US visa but were denied at the port of entry.
The immigration officer said they don't have a valid visa.
Thus, they withdraw the admission into US and flew back to our home country on the 1st available flight.
Those officers advice my parents to get a new visa at the US Embassy in our home country.
They tried to apply last month but the application were denied!!
The reason gave was they went to US too often and too frequent.
However, so far they never stay illegally.
Thus, I would like to know whether there is still hope to get US visa for them?
And what action I can do?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing you can do. Staying 10 days beyond their I-94 expiry is what is hurting them now. I suggest they re-apply for US visit visas after 12 months.

Thus, I would like to know whether there is still hope to get US visa for them?
And what action I can do?

Your story should be read by everyone whose parents visit frequently and apply for EOS in violation of their stated intent of being a visitor to the US.

Your situation is not complicated at all. They can apply and they might get lucky. Apply too often or too soon after a denial, and they appear desperate to return to the US and validate the denials.

Plan to visit them in their home as they are not welcome in the US at this time due to their prior actions. Blunt but true.

There is nothing you can do. Staying 10 days beyond their I-94 expiry is what is hurting them now. I suggest they re-apply for US visit visas after 12 months.

I am wondering whether this situation is considered illegal overstay?
Note that I did file the extension for them officially and we left the US once we received the decision letter.

The US consulate officer told my dad that they will not be able to visit me anymore.
Is that mean they will not be able to get US visa anymore in the future?

I plan to apply for my US citizenship in 1.5 years.
I am just wondering this would affect their Green Card application in the future if I plan to apply GC for them.

I am wondering whether this situation is considered illegal overstay?
Note that I did file the extension for them officially and we left the US once we received the decision letter.

The US consulate officer told my dad that they will not be able to visit me anymore.
Is that mean they will not be able to get US visa anymore in the future?

I plan to apply for my US citizenship in 1.5 years.
I am just wondering this would affect their Green Card application in the future if I plan to apply GC for them.

Did the decision letter gave any timeline for them to leave the US?

Did the decision letter gave any timeline for them to leave the US?

Yes, the decision letter indicates they should leave US within 30 days from the date of issuance of the letter.
My parents left 14 days from the date of issuance of the letter and still keeping the boarding passes as a proof.

Save all the papers, while they have the discretion to deny the B1/B2, you are going to need all those papers once you file for thier GC after your Citizenship.
I think at this time there is no sense fighting withh them and wasting time and money to get a B1/B2.
They have never oversatyed their authorized stay, because they were given 30 days to leave in the I-539 denial letter and they left within that time and complied.