Extension Approved: CSC

sree06

Registered Users (C)
I received an email notification (setup via uscis.gov) that the extension petiton of stay for my mother-in-law was approved on Aug 7, 2007 by CSC.

Here are the details:
Check Cashed: June 5th 2007 (this had the Recpt #)

NO RECEIPT NOTICE WAS SENT. I WAS TRACKING USING THE RECEIPT #
ON THE CLEARED CHECK.

Email notice of Approval received: Aug 8th, 2007

Hope this helps.

Since your wife is sponsoring her mother for a GC, why did you bother to go through the I-539 process? Or was the I-539 sent prior to making the decision about sponsoring her for a GC?

The I-94 was expiring before my wife was eligible to sponsor her mother's GC. We felt that by atleast applying for an extension, the legal status would be maintained (during the decision waiting period) and while applying for a GC.

The legal status is also required to get an Advanced Parole when applying for a GC.

Applicants with less than six months of out-of-status presence can also apply for AP. However I support what you did. It is better to stay in status until the AOS is filed.

The legal status is also required to get an Advanced Parole when applying for a GC.

sree06 - Question

Did your email notification have the decision (Denial or Approval) ?
I got as below,
-------------------------------------
Application Type: I539 , APPLICATION TO EXTEND OR CHANGE NONIMMIGRANT STATUS

Current Status: We mailed you a decision.

On August 25, 2007, we mailed you a decision on your I539, APPLICATION TO EXTEND OR CHANGE NONIMMIGRANT STATUS. Please follow the instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, please contact customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.
----------------------------------------
It does not say anything.
Is it their normal email?
What are the chances (based on my receipt date is July 17th and Decision date is August 25th)?
Keeping my fingers crossed...

Did your email notification have the decision (Denial or Approval) ?
I got as below,
-------------------------------------
Application Type: I539 , APPLICATION TO EXTEND OR CHANGE NONIMMIGRANT STATUS

Current Status: We mailed you a decision.

On August 25, 2007, we mailed you a decision on your I539, APPLICATION TO EXTEND OR CHANGE NONIMMIGRANT STATUS. Please follow the instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, please contact customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.
----------------------------------------
It does not say anything.
Is it their normal email?
What are the chances (based on my receipt date is July 17th and Decision date is August 25th)?
Keeping my fingers crossed...

I found an answer to this question in the archives, which said that this is the Rejection email template. Our in-law's Visa Extn also has received same email notification and later on we recd the Denial notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sree,

Did you write the letter for extension or your parents? Also could you please let me know the reason you stated?

Sree,

Did you write the letter for extension or your parents? Also could you please let me know the reason you stated?

To get an extension you need to have a very valid reason. If you don't have a valid reason, then i don't see why you need an extension.

Reason for tourist visa extension is simple: More tourism.

Build your response based on that.

More details at http://www.immihelp.com/visas/extend.html

Could you please define tourism and also define what a visitor is? And also could you state why 6 months of stay is NOT ENOUGH for that?

BTW please don't ask people to cook up false reasons. People like you who encourage abuse equally share the blame for genuine visitors not getting visas.