Exploring Business under B1 while visiting spouse

sahasra

Registered Users (C)
Hi GG,

I have been reading all your valuable guidance to all the querries posted in here.

I have a ?. I intened coming to US to visit my wife who is on a F1.She just came to US and starting her MBA.So right now I do not intend to come and stay there permanently.But eventually I need to plan my re location to US based on my wife's performance.

As I have business links with US and India ( working as a rep of a US Co) ,I intend applying for a Business visa .Will it work? My concern is that I earlier had two rejections within a gap of 15 days ,though 2 years back.

Other option is to apply for F2.I also have two minor kids who are studying here.If we manage F2,can they go to Schooli in the US ?

I am also hopeful of getting some business connections and do some trading or Import/export involving US and India.If I have to do it officially and witout violating any US visa rules,Which VISA should I plan to obtain ? And which is easier to obtain? B1 or F2?

Please advise

sahasra said:
Hi GG,

I have been reading all your valuable guidance to all the querries posted in here.

I have a ?. I intened coming to US to visit my wife who is on a F1.She just came to US and starting her MBA.So right now I do not intend to come and stay there permanently.But eventually I need to plan my re location to US based on my wife's performance.

As I have business links with US and India ( working as a rep of a US Co) ,I intend applying for a Business visa .Will it work? My concern is that I earlier had two rejections within a gap of 15 days ,though 2 years back.

Your wife's F1 has influence on your B/F2. Only possibility is H1 if you qualify foe Year 2007 quota
Other option is to apply for F2.I also have two minor kids who are studying here.If we manage F2,can they go to Schooli in the US YES ?

I am also hopeful of getting some business connections and do some trading or Import/export involving US and India.If I have to do it officially and witout violating any US visa rules,Which VISA should I plan to obtain ? And which is easier to obtain? B1 or F2?
both the visas are difficult to obtain due to F1 wife.

Please advise

Dear great guru,(GG),

Many thanks fo rthe reply.

I was told the US Embassy is very sympathetic towards spouses joining each other.That being the case,if I prove my ties at India and my Business records,won't I manage a Business visa/or a Visitor visa? My idea of B1 is to use the trip for visiting my wife and also explore Business.If I am on a vistor/tourist visa I may not be allowed to persue Business interests.Am I right?If I say my kids are here and I shall certainly come back ,wont they beleive?The situation is also true.

As I do not intend working in US,(I already I have an established business here)I am not interested in preparing for H1 for 2007.

What is the remedy?

sahasra said:
Dear great guru,(GG),

Many thanks fo rthe reply.

I was told the US Embassy is very sympathetic towards spouses joining each other.That being the case,if I prove my ties at India and my Business records,won't I manage a Business visa/or a Visitor visa? My idea of B1 is to use the trip for visiting my wife and also explore Business.If I am on a vistor/tourist visa I may not be allowed to persue Business interests.Am I right?If I say my kids are here and I shall certainly come back ,wont they beleive?The situation is also true.

As I do not intend working in US,(I already I have an established business here)I am not interested in preparing for H1 for 2007.

What is the remedy?
Give a shot. Try your luck!!