Expert Opinion

Hello all

So does anybody have supporting expert opinions? lawyer told me expert opinion is crucial for interview officer to decide your case. If expert has profound credentials in the field and he gives you sworn statement mentioning your name and the fact that if you return to home country you can be persecuted.

For instance. you are from Iran and you were working in media and you found a guy in USA who is retired CIA officer or professor of East studies or former State department officer (past background matters because when asylum interviewer sees expert's credentials and finds that expert is former CIA guy specializing on Iran then asylum officer is convinced that former CIA guy knows much and is trustworthy) specializing in middle east and Iran and now is busy with political expertise activity and gives you sworn statement that if you "name" "surname" return to Iran there is high probability that you could be persecuted then you have higher chances to get asylum. This is what I was told by lawyer.

Have anyone presented such statements with asylum application?

I have 5 statements 3 of them are from US citizen with expert credentials and 1 is from my country from guy who was beaten by the same political group who attacked me once.

Statements must be notirized and in English.

Any experience how it helps? I was told cases with strong statements have 90% winning ratio

In my opinion, it will help. I included newspaper clips supporting my claims eventhough the articles never mentioned my name but names of my relatives. I also included the State Dept human rights report of my COP which supported my claims as well as reports Amnesty International which supported my claims and I was lucky enough to have a Judge who was familiar to the conditions of my COP.

Yes reliable sources of reporting COP really helps. Because if you escaped from Burkina Faso and interview officer has hell no idea what is Burkina Faso and you present human rights watch or amnesty international reports about Burkina faso were gays are beaten, journalists slaughtered and political rivals hanged and you are belonging to one of these groups then of course it is supportive document. But it is attainable everywhere, these are public documents. What I am talking is individual with expert credentials in the field writes in sworn statement that you can be victim of persecution if you return. It is like criminal expert or phsycologist giving supportive statement on court. I was told it is like this I haven't my interview yet so cannot tell from my experience. I secured 5 such statements within my application.

I was curious if anyone had experience

If you look on the USCIS website you will find the training materials that are used by asylum officers. There is a lesson on Evidence and they have a section on statements by experts. That will tell you what the asylum officer should be looking for in weighing the expert testimony.

Hi,

This will definately help . I had an expert for my hearing and he did all the work for me . The Judge was facinated by what all he had to say , I definately would recommend one.