Experience using AP at Atlanta Airport

ThakurSahab

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
Could you please post you experience on using AP at Atlanta airport ? My six years on H-1 are expiring on Nov 27th and my company does'nt want to file for 7th year extension, instead they want me to use AP for my travel to India in Dec ? And I'm bit scared doing that because I dont have any backup ? Many of us have been in this situation and please help me know how you guys dealt with it.

Has anyone had any bad experience at Atlanta using AP ? I would appreciate your inputs........

Thank you....

Not a Problem

As long as you have valid AP and EAD there should not be any problem. At Port of Entry all they look into your document is AP and Valid EAD. They may ask you are you working for same company or not. Have a copy of 485 reciept too.

Have a safe and wonderful trip.

GcMemphis:) :)

I came back from India on 2nd Oct using AP..
It was very cool .. They checked all the papers, and ran a passport scan with the old H1 stamp.. They let me go..
NO Secondary inspection
No I-94 ..Required
NO Stamp on passport..
I went back the officer about the I-94, he u don't need any more as your case pending..

SRM and tscgc,
Thank you guys for your valuable input, its been a roller coaster ride for me since last few days, one day I want to go other day I dont want because am scared of using AP ...etc etc

But tscgc do you remeber what documents the officer checked ?

And SRM how was your experience, did they check all your papers ? Did you go through secondary inspection ....

Also do you guys have complete all six years on H-1 like me ?

Thank you....

They did not check you Labor or I-140 papers or I-485 application along with all the attachments(like W-2, academic credentials etc etc)?

Thanks ...

TheReal.......
If I knew how Inspectors work at POE, I would not have raised this question....I just want to be on safe side because I'll be using AP for the first time and dont have any backup(like H-1).....

By the way on a side note, do you have any updates from Atlanta local office on you case ?

Thanks...

AP

At the POE if they ask 'Are you working for the same company which sponsored your greencard?' what should be our answer since I am working for a different company now?

Any input appreciated......

Thakursaheb,
I did forget to tell you that i got down at Newyork.

But here is my experience. First i was in the general queue.
The officer took my passport and asked me for the Advance parole and then stappled them together and asked me to go to a private room where there were 5 counters. The guy at the entrance of the room took my papers asked me to sit. My name was called after 15 min and the officer handed me the passport along with the I94. They did not ask me about the 485 RD.

Usually it is safe to keep the copies of 485, 140 if you have and them extra copies of AP. Make sure you have extra copies of these papers. Also carry the recent paychex with you. They might come handy for you if needed.

My experience at POE of Detroit.

I stand in general line, the lady asked me my AP. She read all the AP line by line and write my SRC # and A# on back of I-94, Entered few things in her computer. Then handed over all the documents (passport, I-94, AP) and told me to stand in another line. There the person took passport, I-94, AP. He read all the AP again and asked me ‘Where do you work?’. Did not even listen to me what name I was telling. He stamped the passport, AP and I-94. Filled all stamped area with dates and his number and handed over my passport, One AP and ½ - I94.

As per my HR/Attorney I carried following documents with me.
1) Employment letter from HR
2) Apartment lease papers
3) Resent utility bills
4) Extra photo copies of AP
5) Resent pay stubs
6) EAD