• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Experience in US Embassy in Skopje

alban

Hello

Please to help us about the interview that you had in the US Embassy in Skopje. Information for this embassy are very limited.

Regards,
Alban

My number is not yet current. My case number is 22xxx but i want to have some information about embassy in skopje.
We have discussed previously. I'm a little concerned about education qualification. I have finished technical high school and three-year university degree. I don't know whether there are any problems with the technical high school or require only gymnasium.

My number is not yet current. My case number is 22xxx but i want to have some information about embassy in skopje.
We have discussed previously. I'm a little concerned about education qualification. I have finished technical high school and three-year university degree. I don't know whether there are any problems with the technical high school or require only gymnasium.
I'm guessing that was a 4-year long high school. You need 12 years of school: 8 on primary and 4 on secondary. Now, as I remember, the technical high school (I'm guessing in Prishtina) is a vocational school, so you're OK with that.

I'm guessing that was a 4-year long high school. You need 12 years of school: 8 on primary and 4 on secondary. Now, as I remember, the technical high school (I'm guessing in Prishtina) is a vocational school, so you're OK with that.

I have complete 8 years of elementary school, 4 years of high school , (the old system )+ three years in university where I received a bachelor degree.
Do you know any person who was in the interview in Skopje with a technical high school, whether there were any problems regarding this?
Regarding your application have you been interviewed or you have in September?

No, vocational high school is not acceptable for DV, and there have been recent cases of Albanians being denied from technical high schools even though they were apparently accepted for DV in years past.

I have complete 8 years of elementary school, 4 years of high school , (the old system )+ three years in university where I received a bachelor degree.
Do you know any person who was in the interview in Skopje with a technical high school, whether there were any problems regarding this?
Regarding your application have you been interviewed or you have in September?

As above, some people have had problems with technical high school, which formally is not acceptable for DV purposes. I don't know if your university degree will be regarded as acceptable in lieu of this, different embassies seem to treat this different ways. You can only hope and try...good luck!

As above, some people have had problems with technical high school, which formally is not acceptable for DV purposes. I don't know if your university degree will be regarded as acceptable in lieu of this, different embassies seem to treat this different ways. You can only hope and try...good luck!

I did not clear difference. I have finished technical high school (4 years).
I am equipped with a diploma for finishing high school. In my country with this degree can enroll in whatever faculty. I mean that high school is a regular public school is not any particular direction.
I have finished the regular four years at this school (without interruption, disconnection or correspondence).
If there are opportunities to clarify that what is vocational school. Whether it means that any technical high school is vocational high school?
As to your notice my interview will be on the US Embassy in Skopje.

I did not clear difference. I have finished technical high school (4 years).
I am equipped with a diploma for finishing high school. In my country with this degree can enroll in whatever faculty. I mean that high school is a regular public school is not any particular direction.
I have finished the regular four years at this school (without interruption, disconnection or correspondence).
If there are opportunities to clarify that what is vocational school. Whether it means that any technical high school is vocational high school?
As to your notice my interview will be on the US Embassy in Skopje.

It's not clear to me what the outcome will be. We have heard this argument before - I think it was aldoblack (you may want to search the forum history) describing a refusal of a case at this kind of school, with the same regular attendance and qualifying for university as you describe being rejected because it was a technical school, yet they have been accepted in the past. There was another recent rejection for this type of school. You may get luckier interviewing outside Albania, or you may not. The university degree may be seen as compensating, or it may not.

By the way, the number of school years alone does not qualify you, and being accepted for university in your country alone does not qualify you either. What qualifies you is if the high school qualifies you to enrol in a U.S. 4-year college without needing to do anything further. If you can determine that, taking some evidence of that to the interview may help you.
Then, some embassies have looked at bachelors degree without high school and accepted it. That may or may not happen for you. Logically it makes sense, technically it is incorrect.

All this is why I say I don't think anyone can with certainty predict your outcome.

It's not clear to me what the outcome will be. We have heard this argument before - I think it was aldoblack (you may want to search the forum history) describing a refusal of a case at this kind of school, with the same regular attendance and qualifying for university as you describe being rejected because it was a technical school, yet they have been accepted in the past. There was another recent rejection for this type of school. You may get luckier interviewing outside Albania, or you may not. The university degree may be seen as compensating, or it may not.

By the way, the number of school years alone does not qualify you, and being accepted for university in your country alone does not qualify you either. What qualifies you is if the high school qualifies you to enrol in a U.S. 4-year college without needing to do anything further. If you can determine that, taking some evidence of that to the interview may help you.
Then, some embassies have looked at bachelors degree without high school and accepted it. That may or may not happen for you. Logically it makes sense, technically it is incorrect.

All this is why I say I don't think anyone can with certainty predict your outcome.

Thanks to this explanation so long. I am from Kosovo and I did not do anything with Albania. I have finished high school and university in Kosovo. For people from Kosovo interviews conducted in the US Embassy in Skopje. This embassy does not have any official information for us what they really require, I mean what kind of diploma for high school.

Ah sorry, I got confused when I saw the discussion about technical/vocational school and it sounded like the previous discussions :oops:
Ok then, have you seen if the embassy has any guidelines about what is considered acceptable for Kosovo - bearing in mind that vocational/technical school is usually not acceptable? Did you email them to ask?

Ah sorry, I got confused when I saw the discussion about technical/vocational school and it sounded like the previous discussions :oops:
Ok then, have you seen if the embassy has any guidelines about what is considered acceptable for Kosovo - bearing in mind that vocational/technical school is usually not acceptable? Did you email them to ask?

From your experience that you have in relation to these issues. Can I write a letter to the US Embassy in Skopje and to ask precisely about this issue. Do you think that will be the answer to this question and could negatively affect in next steps for me.

From your experience that you have in relation to these issues. Can I write a letter to the US Embassy in Skopje and to ask precisely about this issue. Do you think that will be the answer to this question and could negatively affect in next steps for me.

Writing to the embassy is definitely a good idea, they should hopefully be able to shed more light on the issue.

Hello

I have also a question if you can help me.
I am a policeman in my country (Kosovo).
In this profession I have four years of experience.
My profession requires two years of training in practice.
I looked at o*net online where my profession classified under SVP Range 6.0 to 7.0
Is this enough for qualification in terms of work experience?

Regards,
Alban

Hello

I have also a question if you can help me.
I am a policeman in my country (Kosovo).
In this profession I have four years of experience.
My profession requires two years of training in practice.
I looked at o*net online where my profession classified under SVP Range 6.0 to 7.0
Is this enough for qualification in terms of work experience?

Regards,
Alban

No. It must be 7 or more. http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...are-selected/confirm-your-qualifications.html

This is the answer that I received from the US Embassy in Skopje around the issue that we have discussed in this forum.

Dear Mr. Muqkurti,

Thank you for your email. The fact that you had completed four years of high school full time without interruption makes you qualified for the DV program. Furthermore, you state that you have also acquired a bachelor’s degree, which only could confirm that you meet the education requirement.

Kind regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

This is the answer that I received from the US Embassy in Skopje around the issue that we have discussed in this forum.

Dear Mr. Muqkurti,

Thank you for your email. The fact that you had completed four years of high school full time without interruption makes you qualified for the DV program. Furthermore, you state that you have also acquired a bachelor’s degree, which only could confirm that you meet the education requirement.

Kind regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

That's good. Be sure to safe that email and take a copy of it along with you to your interview.

My question was compiled in this form:

Dear Sir / Madam

If you can help me on this issue.
I am selected for DV-2016 and my interview will be on the US Embassy in Skopje.
If you can give me an explanation about the criteria that must be met in terms of education for dv lottery.
In my case I am from Kosovo, I have completed eight years of primary school, four years of high school (secondary technical school) and I have a University degree (three-year) where I received a Bachelor degree.
Regarding high school I have finished technical high school (4 years).
If you can give me an explanation if my education is sufficient in relation to the criteria of the education for dv lottery?
I will thank you if you can help me about this.

Regards,
Alban

Sent from my iPhone