Expedited Passport

So, is this August 16 revision a good thing?!
It seems to me that they are setting a 10 day turnaround time but my interpretation could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I carry it with me all the time. Well, all the time I carry my driver's license too. I haven't been asked for my Green Card except when dealing with USCIS, employers or when crossing a border into the U.S. or at some point a few times while driving close to the southern border. Perhaps it is needed for obtaining driver's license now too.

I think majority of people don't carry the green card with them.

PS: This is the thread for expedited passport, if we want to discuss this issue further we should start a new thread :)

Status on my Passport Application is still "Routine Service" instead of "Expedited" even though I paid for Expedited Service plus Over night mail.
Does anyone have the same status like this? Please share...
I am worried it will take about 10 to 12 weeks to receive my passport.

UPDATE - Recieved my Passport plus Natz Cert in 8 days. Applied w/expedite service on OATH date. Applied 8/7 got it 8/15

1. PD = 03/20/2007
2. N400 and FP Fees withdrawn from bank = 03/25/2007
3. I-797 - N400 Petition Recieved letter from USCIS = 04/03/2007
4. FP done at Oakland, CA - 4/17/2007
5. Interview at Oakland, CA = 6/18/2007
6. Interview result = Recommended for approval and I/O gave me N-652 = 6/18/2007
6. Infopass - SanFrancisco - Got Oath date -N-445 = 7/12/2007
7. Recieved in mail - N-445 - Oath letter = 7/12/2007
8. Oath ceremony at San Francisco - date - 8/7/2007
9. Oath taken - San Francisco, CA - Citizenship Certificate Issued - 8/7/2007
10.Expedited Passport Submitted (total fees = $171.40 ($97+$60+$14.4)- Oath day - 8/7/2007
11.Passport fees WITHDRAWN from my account - 8/10/2007
12.Passport and Citizenship Cert RECIEVED - 8/15/2007

I received an email today saying my passport processing is done and it's been mailed overnight. Hopefully I should get it tomorrow.

Congratulations...!!!
Passport applied on 08/09 is still in processing. Status changed from "Routine Service" to "Expedited Service" today...
Not sure when it will be done for processing... Still patient waiting...

Expeditor

Can someone explain to me how passport expeditor agencies work? From what I can understand, they hand carry your application to the passport agency. Will the passport be picked up in a few days by the expeditor or will the passport be sent to the applicant directly?

Anyone has any experience in this? Some expeditors in NYC guarantee passport delivery in 4 to 6 days (for a hefty fee).

I think $127 + $16.25 = $ 143.25 even though the clerk did not explain it to me. She just told me to write the mount if I wanted to apply expedited service.

How would it be possible for you to charged the $127 only. The passport fee is $67 plus execution fee $30 for routine service. You are the fortunate one if the clerk overlook the execution fee. This is that State department website says:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/fees/fees_837.html

HTAM

Got my passports today.

Correction:

Received only my wife's passport, it came along with her naturalization certificate in the same USPS envelope.

Edit:

Got mine today, 8/22, passport and naturalization certificate came together.

I'm applying for my son's passport and would like to confirm with some of you who have appied for their children what documents need to be sent.

1. Naturalization cert of parent.
2. Birth certificate.

Is this all ?

I applied today for expedited passports.

To answer dandan's question you need for your son the birth certificate, green card and at least one nat. cert. I'll tell you how it worked for me and perhaps it applies to your case.

Took the whole family to the Agnew post office in Santa Clara, CA. Got a knowledgeable acceptance person (I had actually gone a couple of weeks ago to check what I needed). Processed one application at at time. She made photocopy of my wife's naturalization certificate and attached it to my child's application. For my child I needed original birth certificate, copy of naturalization certificate (the acceptance person made the photocopy and certified it (at least she wrote something on the photocopy), and the green card.

Only negative is that she stapled the naturalization certificates. Not a big surprise as it has been mentioned here a few times. I mentioned that to her, but she said she needed to staple and that I would not be happy if the certificate got lost. She got a point ;)

Bottom line: We could process the three passports with two naturalization certificates. If your acceptance person refuses to do this, go to another post office.

08/09 - Applied Expedited Passport
08/22 - Have not received any document yet. Still waiting for PP to arrive.

Huracan,

Did you have to submit the original birth certificate for your child or just show it to the person at the post office ?

I'm applying only for my son, I already have passports for myself and my wife.

TIA

I applied today for expedited passports.

To answer dandan's question you need for your son the birth certificate, green card and at least one nat. cert. I'll tell you how it worked for me and perhaps it applies to your case.

Took the whole family to the Agnew post office in Santa Clara, CA. Got a knowledgeable acceptance person (I had actually gone a couple of weeks ago to check what I needed). Processed one application at at time. She made photocopy of my wife's naturalization certificate and attached it to my child's application. For my child I needed original birth certificate, copy of naturalization certificate (the acceptance person made the photocopy and certified it (at least she wrote something on the photocopy), and the green card.

Only negative is that she stapled the naturalization certificates. Not a big surprise as it has been mentioned here a few times. I mentioned that to her, but she said she needed to staple and that I would not be happy if the certificate got lost. She got a point ;)

Bottom line: We could process the three passports with two naturalization certificates. If your acceptance person refuses to do this, go to another post office.

Yes, I had to submit the original birth certificate. In your case you'll most likely have to send original naturalization certificate of you or your wife, plus the green card. In my case my child's passport has gone with a photocopy of the naturalization certificate because the original's were already tied to mine and my wife's passport application. In your case I am pretty sure they'll demand to send the original naturalization certificate with your son's application.

My 2 cents.