Expedited Passport

All,

Thanks for your reply.

Another question...
Do we need to fill out the Parent information section? Since we are over 18, I am wondering if I need to fill out this section...

Thanks.

exp.passport

Expedite passport received in 10-days.

Applied : 5/22/07
Received: 6/2/07

Appied after oath ceremony in the same place. Online message is not updated yet.

Expedite passport at the oath ceremony checklist

Guys!

My oath ceremony is next week on June 14. I am planning to apply for expedite passport after ceremony. From reading this thread I understood that all I need is the following:

1. Oath letter
2. Green card
3. Personal check for $157 (or two check $30 and $127)?

Anything else? Do I need to fill some kind of forms before, at, or after the ceremony?

I will appreciate any responses. Thank you in advance and congratulations to all with receiving their naturalization certificates and passports promptly.

Good luck.

My oath ceremony is next week on June 14. I am planning to apply for expedite passport after ceremony. From reading this thread I understood that all I need is the following:

1. Oath letter
2. Green card

Not quite ;)

The USCIS reps at your oath ceremony will take yoru oath letter and green card from you. Those documents have nothing to do with passports. After your ceremony, they will hand you a Naturalization Certificate.

You need the following:

1) Complete DS-11. You can do this online and print it out and take it with you to the ceremony. Make sure you don't sign it. travel.state.gov click on "Passports"

2) Naturalization Certificate (you'll get this at the ceremony)

3) Two passport photos. You can do this at a drug store in advance. Some oath ceremonies will have photo booths, but you can probably get a better picture in advance.

4) Money...Depending on your location, they'll have different methods of payment. At my oath ceremony, they accepted checks or debit cards. I just paid with a debit card (no credit at my location). If I were you, I'd just take a checkbook with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Expedite passport received in 10-days.

Applied : 5/22/07
Received: 6/2/07

Appied after oath ceremony in the same place. Online message is not updated yet.

was ur passport E-passport?
and through which passport agency u got ur passport?

thanks

Very Uregent please help

We received the passport after 11.5 weeks, my wife received her nat cert but
i was not received. it's been a week still not received. What do i need to do?
anybody has experienced this. Help pelase

Are you missing your naturalization certificate but got your passport?, it is not clear from your post what you are missing, you can contact NPIC, the contact information is on travel.state.gov website, do confirm what you are missing?

We received the passport after 11.5 weeks, my wife received her nat cert but
i was not received. it's been a week still not received. What do i need to do?
anybody has experienced this. Help pelase

Make couple of copies of your naturalization certificate before you apply and if you cannot make a copy at the ceremony, I would make copies and apply at a post office rather than risk the naturalization certificate getting misplaced by USPS or State Dept and having no proof of it.

It is legal to make copies of your certificate, although the passport people at the ceremony would say otherwise since there is a warning on the naturalization certificate about making copies and that is to be interpreted as making illegal copies. You can check my previous posts for a link that states that it is legal to make copies of the naturalization certificate.

Guys!

1. Oath letter
2. Green card

Anything else? Do I need to fill some kind of forms before, at, or after the ceremony?

I will appreciate any responses. Thank you in advance and congratulations to all with receiving their naturalization certificates and passports promptly.

Good luck.

Not quite ;)

The USCIS reps at your oath ceremony will take yoru oath letter and green card from you. Those documents have nothing to do with passports. After your ceremony, they will hand you a Naturalization Certificate.

You need the following:

1) Complete DS-11. You can do this online and print it out and take it with you to the ceremony. Make sure you don't sign it. travel.state.gov click on "Passports"

2) Naturalization Certificate (you'll get this at the ceremony)

3) Two passport photos. You can do this at a drug store in advance. Some oath ceremonies will have photo booths, but you can probably get a better picture in advance.

4) Money...Depending on your location, they'll have different methods of payment. At my oath ceremony, they accepted checks or debit cards. I just paid with a debit card (no credit at my location). If I were you, I'd just take a checkbook with me.

Thank you, 1caliN400, for such a comprehensive list of items needed. Looks like I was way off with my knowledge of proceedings :eek:

Good luck to you and best regards.

My timeline for US Passport -
05/23/07: Oath ceremony date
05/24/07: Applied for passport (Amex - Corporate Agent)
06/05/07: Received e-passport
05/23/07: Applied for spouse's passport (USPS Expedited)
xx/xx/xx: Received e-passport

My timeline for US Passport -
05/23/07: Oath ceremony date
05/24/07: Applied for passport (Amex - Corporate Agent)
06/05/07: Received e-passport
05/23/07: Applied for spouse's passport (USPS Expedited)
xx/xx/xx: Received e-passport

liamtoh1, please, forgive me for my ignorance, but what is '(Amex - Corporate Agent)' ? :confused:

Thank you in advance.

N400 SNA,

I noticed that you got your passport within 7 days through expedited service. How come you managed to get it early? I heard that it takes 4 to 6 weeks even though you expedite it...

Passport Applied: 05/30/2007 (Expedited Service)
Passport Received: 06/07/2007

I applied on 05/31(expedited and with express mail two way) and it still doesn't show up on the status website.

Did you send it to the center located in Philly?

Here is the tracking Info from USPS:

Your item was delivered at 11:45 AM on June 2, 2007 in PHILADELPHIA, PA 19101 to PUBLIC SECTOR EXP . The item was signed for by M K.

EXPEDITED Passport showing ROUTINE status online

Gurus,
I applied for Expediited US passport 9 days ago. On the State website it is showing as if I applied for Routine processing, and that it will take 10 weeks to receive my passport.
I have been trying to call the 1-800 number but I am not able to get thru to a Representative. I am so frustrated. Please advise if taking an appointment with National Passport Center will help. Thanks in advance for your help.
BR2006.

A lot of applicants have indicated that they got that message, but still received their passport within a couple of weeks. It seems that the message is an error.

An appointment at your local passport agency will probably not help. They only help you if you have evidence that you're travelling within 14 days. Besides, your local passport agency doesn't necessarily process your application. Your application is routed through Philadelphia and they forward it to local centers, which may or may not be the one closest to you.

Your best bet is to try to get them on the phone or send them an email. They're fairly efficient in responding quickly.

N400 SNA,

I noticed that you got your passport within 7 days through expedited service. How come you managed to get it early? I heard that it takes 4 to 6 weeks even though you expedite it...

I am not so sure. I think I got lucky? maybe?? My wife applied for her passport a few days later and her status even doesn't show up online.Actually it really surprised me aslo to get it so soon. I wasnt expecting it for at least a couple weeks at the earliest.

I applied to the Los Angeles Passport Office.

Thanks & Regards,