Expedited Passport

Hello TMO,
If you are in such a hurry why don't you make an appointment and stop complaining.
Like they said if you are in a hurry, show the itinerary and go to a passport agency. In your case, it may be delayed by another week or two.
If you look at processing time it is 10 weeks. You are still under the 10 weeks processing time.

Note:
Don't think that I am criticizing you. I applied for my expedited paying both ways. I saw it online only today that chequeue was cashed. We should be happy that state department is having people working overtime and making them to work 24x7. This is due to Feb-April peak season and with the combination of peak season plus new rules even made it worse.

I am planning to travel in April and still I applied in expedited in Feb. Hopefully others will learn not to jeopardize their travel plans if they want to travel in the next 3 months based on your experience.

I wish you good luck in your travel and pray you would get your passport to come early.

If you are in such a hurry why don't you make an appointment and stop complaining.

I'm not complaining. I'm posting so that others will not make the same mistake I made.

AND, it is not possible to make an appointment. As I said in an earlier post. There are no appointments available due to the high demand. And they wont let you in the building unless you have an appointment.

I would have applied expedited, but was told that it was unneccesary and a waste of money by the passport acceptance clerk. At the time I applied, they were saying 8 weeks maximum, and saying it would probably be back in 6 weeks.

Apply early and apply expedited.

One thing u can do is call early on monday morning (6am PST) and mention them you are ready to pay overnite fees and ask them to bill to the shipper.
This way you can beat the crowd. I know it is tough and a mental distress. What you can do now is try and try and be patient.
I know there is not much you can do other than postpone the trip if you don't receive the passport in time.

I know you are not complaining but showing your frustrations. I want others to realize that it is better to do proactively than reactively.

If you plan to go to the sfo agency and apply directly that is the best thing you can do.

Thanks for your response r2ichennai2007. Glad to hear that your check is cashed and that your passport should arrive soon.

Yeah, I know what you mean when you stated that the post office was busy. I actually went to a post office that was a little further away from Heritage Theatre and got lucky as I was the last one that the lady would take (since I got there a little past 3pm and they closed at 3pm :) )

TMo...I hope you get your passport in time for your trip. I agree with r2ichennai2007...give the Passport Agency a call at 6am when they first open and you should be able to talk to someone then.

I was there at the heritage center around 2:30pm as I was one of the first ones to get out once the ceremony was over. I was told they won't take it. My bad luck. What I can say. I went to sunnyvale post office after that. I am glad you got lucky.

is the wait time dependent on the passport svc center?

I applied mid last week (expedited, regular mail), right after the natz ceremony in white plains, ny. The cases status is not online yet.

Is there a centralized passport processing location or is it broken down by different areas of the country? Any one else from the north east on this thread who can tell me how long it took in your case recently?

I plan to travel in mid-april on business to India/China -- the trips are not booked yet -- but what is a safe time slot to book them? end of April?

Hello Imy,
A good news today.
Cheque was deposited on March 15, 2007 and cashed out on March 16, 2007.
Online status says the following. I hope you guys application will show online soon. I am atleast now feeling better. My vacation is in April 2nd week. This helps me to plan my vacation accordingly.

Your application is still being processed, but the timesframe for issuing your passport has increased due to workload.

When you applied, you requested Expedite Service, but paid additionally for Overnight Return Delivery.

This means you should receive your passport on or about 03/24/2007.

If your travel plans change and you need your passport sooner, please contact the National Passport Information Center.

Good to hear at least your application is movinf forward. Just to confirm, you applied with EXPEDITED service ($60 extra)?

I went with normal processing and it is now 4th week and check is still not cashed. What is the best way to contacta them If I do not see any movement by end of this week?

Contacting Passport Agency...

What is the best way to contacta them If I do not see any movement by end of this week?

I can tell you from personal experience that the best way to contact them is to email them through their website. It takes about 3 days to get a response, but it is virtually the only way to communicate with anyone in the travel department. Right now they are so busy that it is impossible to get through on the phones, even if you call at 7AM right when they first start taking calls. Waiting till close to midnight doesn't help either. If you are in the system (capable of tracking online), then I wouldn't do anything unless you have to leave within the next 10 weeks. They will process it in about 10-12 weeks.

Mine is finally in the mail (I think). I still don't have it in hand, but I'm hopeful. I'm suppossed to be enroute to Europe in 48 hours, so it's coming down to the wire.

What is the best way to contacta them If I do not see any movement by end of this week?

I can tell you from personal experience that the best way to contact them is to email them through their website. It takes about 3 days to get a response, but it is virtually the only way to communicate with anyone in the travel department. Right now they are so busy that it is impossible to get through on the phones, even if you call at 7AM right when they first start taking calls. Waiting till close to midnight doesn't help either. If you are in the system (capable of tracking online), then I wouldn't do anything unless you have to leave within the next 10 weeks. They will process it in about 10-12 weeks.

Mine is finally in the mail (I think). I still don't have it in hand, but I'm hopeful. I'm suppossed to be enroute to Europe in 48 hours, so it's coming down to the wire.

TMO,
Thx for the tip. Did you apply expedited or normal. Good luck with getting it in time for your trip.

Hello Imy,
I applied expedited. I paid overnite delivery bothways.
FYI.
I think it will take atleast another 2 weeks for you to see online based on the timelines which is currently being progressed.

need some help with the oath procedure

Friends,

This might be the wrong forum, but since all of you are citizens hopefully someone can help.

After a long wait(2+yrs) from my interview date, my name check finally cleared and I have my oath ceremony in a few days.

I was trying to fill out the form N-445 which is required at the time of oath.

At tha back of the forms there are 8 questions.

I have travelled outside USA 5-6 times since my interview and also recently got a traffic ticket which was dismissed after a defensive driving class.

My question is do I need any kind of supporting documents or just answering the questions will be enough.

Thanks for your help

Friends,

This might be the wrong forum, but since all of you are citizens hopefully someone can help.

After a long wait(2+yrs) from my interview date, my name check finally cleared and I have my oath ceremony in a few days.

I have travelled outside USA 5-6 times since my interview and also recently got a traffic ticket which was dismissed after a defensive driving class.

My question is do I need any kind of supporting documents or just answering the questions will be enough.

Thanks for your help

First please create new thread to get best response.
I traveled once between interview and oath and they did not ask for any proof just how many days I was out. since you traveled so many times I would probably get printouts of my booking and passports if they want to dig into it. For the ticket I am not sure but prrof that the ticket was dissmissed would be nice to have.

ok. I got the passport today through USPS priority mail -- less than 2 weeks (expedited). It wasn't that bad ;)
Applied: Mar 7, Arrived: Mar 20.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends,

Thanks for your help
Yes, you'd best start another thread. However, if I were you, I'd bring all the proof you might possibly need as well as a copy of your N-400. Remember that the continuous residence and physical presence rules must still be met at the time of your oath. Someone may ask you to show that you still meet the bar.

Friends,

Thanks for your help

Depending on where you are processed -- there isn't that much scrutiny of your application. In our case, about 100 people were processed in about 45 mins -- with two people taking the forms. And I didn't see any of them being asked a lot of questions. Take the travel info (your old passport should be enough) along with you and also get a court disposition from the court where the traffic ticket got dismissed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I applied for my passport on March 7th, expedited. Check was encashed on 03/12 and then my status originally showed up with a message saying "Processing times have increased ..... You should receive your passport on or about 03/24". This was there till 03/19.

As of today, no sign of passport yet, but the message has changed a bit. Atleast previously, it gave an approximate date (03/24). Now it still states that "processing times have increased" - but it does not give any expected date anymore !!!

Wonder if anyone else has experienced this ?? Does this mean there is going to be an indefinite delay in issuing passports ??

I applied for my passport on March 7th, expedited. Check was encashed on 03/12 and then my status originally showed up with a message saying "Processing times have increased ..... You should receive your passport on or about 03/24". This was there till 03/19.

As of today, no sign of passport yet, but the message has changed a bit. Atleast previously, it gave an approximate date (03/24). Now it still states that "processing times have increased" - but it does not give any expected date anymore !!!

Well....it's not March 24th yet :D :confused:

You'll get your passport soon enough as it's not as unpredictable as USCIS. Relax...you'll get it soon enough.

Don't worry my friend. You are not the only one. Until 3 days back it said March 24. Two days back it said March 25. Yesterday it changed to March 24. Today it changed without any date information.

Same issue here. No more expected date.

Passport: applied at A post Office In NYC on 02/24/07 ( Routine )
Check Cashed: on 02/28/07
Online Status: 03/12/07
Passport Expected on : 04/04/07 ( according to Online status )
As of 03/21/07: No date ( the expected date is removed )

Applied today at the post office in San Francisco. The clerk said I should get it in 2 to 3 weeks... We'll see...