Expedited Passport Timeline

We have finally received our Naturalization Certificates today (12/02/09). We received our passports four days ago (11/28/09). We are still waiting for the passport cards.

Applied Passport ( Expedite) after oath ceremony . Hope to get it in two weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
You moved to Hawaii during your naturalisation process? I am just curious since your signature shows Atlanta as your DO.

I went to Honolulu on business after my ceremony on Monday 30th Nov. Had to travel to Canada on Saturday so made an appt. over there for Thursday Dec. 3rd. :D

Is it ok If i have conformed e-ticket but not purchase ticket?

Hello

Is it ok If i have conformed e-ticket but not purchase ticket?I made appointement with Regional office,chicago.They need purchsed ticket or confomed ticket is fine?I hold ticket and printed e-ticket conformation from vitualweb (email).Please advice me conformed ticket is ok or i have to buy ticket before appointment?

please help me.

I applied at chicago Passport agency with my travel ticket, got it in 2 days.

Hello

Is it ok If i have conformed e-ticket but not purchase ticket?I made appointement with Regional office,chicago.They need purchsed ticket or confomed ticket is fine?I hold ticket and printed e-ticket conformation from vitualweb (email).Please advice me conformed ticket is ok or i have to buy ticket before appointment?

please help me.

You should be good since that is how we receive confirmations/e-Tkts these days, from most airlines.

Updating my Timeline.
Today got the passport card & also Naturalization certificate in separate mailings. Within 10 days i got all .

I applied for US passport expedite at post office on 12/17/2009 (Expected travel date 2/15/2010 to India for 2 weeks. I used expedite service to apply for OCI card ... and use OCI instead of visa). Today, I received passport book.

12/17/2009 ... Took Oath; Applied for Passport at post office
12/22/2009 ... Received Email with passport application locator number... processing takes about 2 to 3 weeks for Expedite Service.
12/24/2009 ... On line status changed to "Your passport application is in the final processing stages... When you applied, you requested Expedite Service. This means your passport should be mailed via Priority Mail on or about 12/30/2009"
12/28/2009 ... Received passport

I applied for US passport expedite at post office on 12/17/2009 (Expected travel date 2/15/2010 to India for 2 weeks. I used expedite service to apply for OCI card ... and use OCI instead of visa). Today, I received passport book.

12/17/2009 ... Took Oath; Applied for Passport at post office
12/22/2009 ... Received Email with passport application locator number... processing takes about 2 to 3 weeks for Expedite Service.
12/24/2009 ... On line status changed to "Your passport application is in the final processing stages... When you applied, you requested Expedite Service. This means your passport should be mailed via Priority Mail on or about 12/30/2009"
12/28/2009 ... Received passport

Congratulations! Which passport agency did you send your application to? I applied one day after yours (Dec. 18), so far the online status still says the application is being processed which I understand as "no movement".

Congratulations! Which passport agency did you send your application to? I applied one day after yours (Dec. 18), so far the online status still says the application is being processed which I understand it as there is no movement.

Sometimes online status is not up-to-date. Also did you apply using expedited service?

You should be getting it in a day or two. There were holidays in between, so give it a day or two more days.

cpzinga, you are so right! I received my passport in mail today. The online status also changed this morning to "We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you". Now waiting for the Naturalization Certificate.

cpzinga, you are so right! I received my passport in mail today. The online status also changed this morning to "We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you". Now waiting for the Naturalization Certificate.

ncnat,

Good to know that you have received and your documents. Congrats...

Wish you all a Happy New Year 2010.