expedite I-130,

eagle2020

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My parents have been lawful permanent residents for 4 years and have been traveling back and forth between the US and home country. The reason they haven't been able to live in the US premanently (although they loveee to) is because of my mother takes care of my father(partially blind and have heart problems) and older brother who has epilepsy and need constant care. So my mother has to be with them together to take care of them constantly. My mother applied I-130 for my older brother and we have been waiting for visa number to be available. Is it possible for my mother to ask for expedite I-130 based on her hardship? and if an expedite I-130 is approved , does USCIS start processing the visa to my brother right away?

Thank you very much,

Hi,

My parents have been lawful permanent residents for 4 years and have been traveling back and forth between the US and home country. The reason they haven't been able to live in the US premanently (although they loveee to) is because of my mother takes care of my father(partially blind and have heart problems) and older brother who has epilepsy and need constant care. So my mother has to be with them together to take care of them constantly. My mother applied I-130 for my older brother and we have been waiting for visa number to be available. Is it possible for my mother to ask for expedite I-130 based on her hardship? and if an expedite I-130 is approved , does USCIS start processing the visa to my brother right away?

Thank you very much,

The Immigrant Visa "Priority Date" was established upon filing the I-130. Because this is a "preference visa" category, no visa will be available until the priority date is "current" on the Visa Bulletin. The F2B category has a wait of at least 8 years (longer for P.I/ and Mexico).

These visa procedures and allocations are by STATUTE, in order to change it requires an act of Congress.