Expedite Fbi Name Check

MazzyStar

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone, I was just wondering if there is any way to expedite the FBI Name Check. Here is my fiance's timeline.
Applied Mar 2003
Receipt Date Mar 10 2003
Fingerprint April 15 2003
Interview August 29 2003
Submitted Additional Documents (Daughter was born after application was filed, therefor BCIS needed her documents) October 29 2003
Still waiting for oath ceremony.
Faxed an inquiry to the FBI to check the status of his name check on July 26 2004 and still waiting for a response. Contacted senators office, BCIS told them that they are waiting for the FBI Name Check still.!
Now the reason he needs it expedited is that his father is ill back home in Iraq, and he needs to see him, but he doesnt have a passport. HE came here as a refugee. We applied for a travel document but that is taking entirely too long and he would rather have a US Passport. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ya I know, he wont be going there directly though. He will fly to Kuwait, stay a few days and then cross the border to Iraq.

Daughter born after petition

MazzyStar, first of all congratulations!

I have a similar situation, can you answer the following questions for me thanks.

What documents were needed for your daughter, birth certificate and ss #?, and was you application put on hold pending the documents?

Was she born before the interview or after the interview, i.e before oath? if so, did you take the documents to the interview with you or did you mail copies of them to BCIS? and how was that handled i.e was the information just updated to reflect your daughters birth?

Thanks

Children

Just curious why do we need to notify USCIS if we had a baby after application filed. the kid will the US citizenship by birth anyways ?

Thanks soul. Daughter was born before the interview. So when he went to the interview he told them that we had a baby after he applied. They wanted us to bring a document stating, since we aren't married, that he did not owe any child support. A letter from me stating that we were living together, that he payed for everything that our daughter needed. We obtained the document from the superior court here in phoenix, child support division saying he did not owe any child support. He brought our daughters birth certificate, social security number, even though it wasnt listed for him to bring, we just wanted to be sure. So at the interview they said to bring all of this stuff to another appointment that they would schedule, which was on Oct 29 2003. We are now still waiting for the oath ceremony, BCIS has only stated that its the FBI Name check they are waiting on so I assume everything is honkey dorie with all of the info we gave them pertaining to our daughter.
I have no idea why they need her info when she is a citizen, being born here and all, seems like a waste of time to me but oh well. I wish the ceremony would come soon, we're even holding off on getting married just in case it might slow down the process.

Why BCIS needs child's information.

Has nothing to do with the kid, but with your application, and makes very good sense! The fact the the child is a US citizen makes no difference. It also validates your marriage if you were filing under the 3yr marriage rule.

The information is required with the application, usually if approved, I believe children under 18 also qualify. Also, affects future petition for children needing petition.

Okay, I have an update, and its not good news. Arghg this is so frustrating. I received an email from the FBI saying that they received a request from USCIS on MARCH 20, 2003 and is currently in a pending status!!!!!!!!!! Pending for a damn year and a half!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not understand what could possibly be taking that long to clear up!!!!!!! So frustrating, my fiance cannot travel anywhere, he feels like he is trapped here. What else can we do? I sent a fax last week for FOIPA and am still waiting for a response. What should I do if it comes back as No Records?
Thanks for help.

Mazzystar...

well this is not as bad news. because now u know atleast, whats making this delay. Now please read Rahul's Post about name check and then gather info from there, he has done great job by providing that to this board.

File a FIOPA request. and hopefully it will come back **no record** result and from there u can go ahead and take actions to expedite FBI name check.

good Luck.

OH yeah... as FBI said they recieved request from USCIS on march 20th 2003, and u also filed application in march, so this tells us. that service center send ur name for check before FP. and before interview.

Thanks Shaky. I will just follow Rahuls instructions and hopefully we can get this cleared up soon. This is so frustrating. I called the FBI and spoke with a guy that said that USCIS asked the FBI to rerun about 2.7 million name checks so this is why its taking so dang long. But I cant accept this, 120 days is well overdue. Thanks again.

MazzyStar said:
Thanks Shaky. I will just follow Rahuls instructions and hopefully we can get this cleared up soon. This is so frustrating. I called the FBI and spoke with a guy that said that USCIS asked the FBI to rerun about 2.7 million name checks so this is why its taking so dang long. But I cant accept this, 120 days is well overdue. Thanks again.

The FBI has its own criteria for expedite. If you can convince them of your urgency or need then you have a shot at getting an expedite. Merely pointing out that you are overdue (based on congessional testimony) wont help you with the FBI. It will help get your congressman's attention though..

Well, do you think that my fiance's situation would fall into their criteria? i.e. He has no passport, his father is ill and he needs to go see him as soon as possible. He is really in dire straights emotionally, not being able to see his family, waiting for his citizenship.

To me it seems a good enough reason. You have waited your share - 18 months.

File a FOIPA, go to your congressman, and ask for an expedite request to be sent. You may also consider writing to AD Hooton personally making the strongest case , and try to send proof to backup your plea

Thanks alot Rahul, you have been extremely helpful. :) I will wait for the FOIPA results to come back, and hopefully it comes back as "no records" so we can do something. Thanks again.

Okay, I have an update. We just received a response from the FBI in regards to FOIPA request and it came back as "No Records". So I'm going to contact our senators office who can reopen our case and hopefully they can contact the FBI to get them moving on our case.

MazzyStar said:
Okay, I have an update. We just received a response from the FBI in regards to FOIPA request and it came back as "No Records". So I'm going to contact our senators office who can reopen our case and hopefully they can contact the FBI to get them moving on our case.

good news... now u getting somewhere.... mazzy..how many days fbi took to responce to ur FIOPA request. timelines are always very helpful for everyone.

Its surprising how quick these FOIPA responses are got back(I got mine in 10 working days or so also! :eek: ) considering the FOIPA and NNCP is both handled by the same Records Management Division of FBI handled by Agent Hardy.

By law FOIPA requests need to ACKNOWLEDGED within 20 business days. They are indeed closing them within that time. Wow.

Both these search indexes in the CRS within the FBI's computers. Just that one takes FOR EVER! as there are additional steps to complete (they run all possible combinations of your name in NNCP).

Anyway, with a "No-Records" in hand you have a powerful tool to fight for an expedite. Best of luck

shaky said:
good news... now u getting somewhere.... mazzy..how many days fbi took to responce to ur FIOPA request. timelines are always very helpful for everyone.

Shaky did you find out if your 2nd name check is through? May want to proactive in this area....

Rahul Kumar said:
Its surprising how quick these FOIPA responses are got back(I got mine in 10 working days or so also! :eek: ) considering the FOIPA and NNCP is both handled by the same Records Management Division of FBI handled by Agent Hardy.

By law FOIPA requests need to ACKNOWLEDGED within 20 business days. They are indeed closing them within that time. Wow.

Both these search indexes in the CRS within the FBI's computers. Just that one takes FOR EVER! as there are additional steps to complete (they run all possible combinations of your name in NNCP).

Anyway, with a "No-Records" in hand you have a powerful tool to fight for an expedite. Best of luck

Thanks again Rahul, you have been so helpfull. Thank you very much. ;)