Expedite EAD - what else could be done?

deargodplhelpme

Registered Users (C)
F1 student filed I-765 in Feb together with I-485. Long story short - I found this site toooo late, and until this date, I'm still fighting to get my EAD.

I've sent letters to USCIS, sent faxes/letteres to USCIS and local senators/mayors; had infopass appointment last Tue, and called customer service today and made an expedite request. The rep gave me a reference number and said that I should hear from them within five days. Previously, the officer at infopass appointment said that I should get my card in 10 days.

Of course, I do not expect anything to happen within these timelines. But are there anything else I could do to get the card asap? What's your experience after making an expedite request with a customer rep? Do they usually RFE? How long does that take? And how long does it take from RFE to order card production?

Thank you so much for all your help!

F1 student filed I-765 in Feb together with I-485. Long story short - I found this site toooo late, and until this date, I'm still fighting to get my EAD.

I've sent letters to USCIS, sent faxes/letteres to USCIS and local senators/mayors; had infopass appointment last Tue, and called customer service today and made an expedite request. The rep gave me a reference number and said that I should hear from them within five days. Previously, the officer at infopass appointment said that I should get my card in 10 days.

Of course, I do not expect anything to happen within these timelines. But are there anything else I could do to get the card asap? What's your experience after making an expedite request with a customer rep? Do they usually RFE? How long does that take? And how long does it take from RFE to order card production?

Thank you so much for all your help!

I did request an expediate over the phone- like you they told me 5 days and sure enough i got the approval email in 5 days (or less).....hang in there!

I did request an expediate over the phone- like you they told me 5 days and sure enough i got the approval email in 5 days (or less).....hang in there!

Thanks! I hope mine could happen like yours did. They are processing April 16 applications now and mine (March 31) is still pending. Strange.

This question has been addressed previously, but still want to confirm. Since I'm a first time filer of EAD, the card effective date is usually the card production order date, right? Does that mean I can go to work on that date?

shuuuuu...

it's the third day, still nothing, and the case is still pending shown on the website. :confused::confused::confused:

just got an email saying my case is approved - the fourth day since i put in my request. Thank GOD!!!

I talked to an immigration lawyer and he does not seem to know what really works is the expedite request made by a customer service rep. This is a wonderful forum for all people who have to go thru the US immigration grinding machine.

Thanks! still have to wait for the card to get to my mailbox, then I can start working. Interview can wait, but the EAD really put you on the string. :eek::eek::eek:

Customer rep said allow 30 days for the card to be mailed. 30 DAYS!!!

Have not received any email about order for card production, or notice about card has been mailed. Did anyone receive such emails before they get their card recently?

:(:(:(:(:(

please please please....

Customer rep said allow 30 days for the card to be mailed. 30 DAYS!!!

Have not received any email about order for card production, or notice about card has been mailed. Did anyone receive such emails before they get their card recently?

:(:(:(:(:(

Just got an email saying the card has been ordered for production on the 25th. Please, hope the card gets to the mailbox soon!

still waiting....

Just got an email saying the card has been ordered for production on the 25th. Please, hope the card gets to the mailbox soon!

still waiting...from people's signature, it seem it usually takes 10 days (not business days) from the card approval to card received. That means sometime around Aug 4 for me.

Never allow this to happen to you. EAD is critically important, and always allow 120 days for the whole process. Acutally, more days is better, just to be on the safe side.

After you file, if you are in NY, go to infopass when 70 days are past. Then call customer rep to make an expedite request. Quote severe financial loss to an individual or company. I also quote humanitarian aid and medical conditions. When you call, do whatever you can to plead for expedite. If you are not successful, call back and try again. I was successful the first time. The customer rep nicely made the service request and was very nice.

If the customer rep makes an expedite request and said you should wait for five days to hear back, that's when things will start to happen. I still can't believe when I went to Federal Plaza 25, the officer told me I should get my card within ten days. And he also said, if it does not come within 10 days, go back to talk to him. Thank God I found this website, otherwise I would still be talking to that officer who seemed to have little idea about what really matters, and I would still be waiting for my card to get approved.

Hope this is helpful to other people. And pray for me my EAD arrive soon, please...

mail

EAD still not arrived yet.........Each day feels like a century.

Could someone share his/her experience?

Do you receive another email from USCIS saying your card has been mailed to you? I last got the production order email and nothing until now.

Also, should I be legally all right to work the day I receive the card production email?

Please help me!

Could someone share his/her experience?

Do you receive another email from USCIS saying your card has been mailed to you? I last got the production order email and nothing until now.

Also, should I be legally all right to work the day I receive the card production email?

Please help me!

normally receive card in about 10 days. yes u can start working but most employers would like to see proof of authorization to work which u do not have at the moment

normally receive card in about 10 days. yes u can start working but most employers would like to see proof of authorization to work which u do not have at the moment

I called customer rep just now, and he said USCIS interpret this way: once you receive card production order email, it is upon the employor's discretion whether they allow you to work.

If your EAD is lost or damaged, you can have approval notice or card production notice as evidence and start working, with 90 days to supply the actual EAD to employer.

For first time EAD applicant, though, it is still unclear whether it is okay to work on the day receiving production order email.

I have asked HR for a lot of help in the past, and feel i have troubled them too much. So now I'm just waiting for the card. But it is an ordeal.

I called customer rep just now, and he said USCIS interpret this way: once you receive card production order email, it is upon the employor's discretion whether they allow you to work.

If your EAD is lost or damaged, you can have approval notice or card production notice as evidence and start working, with 90 days to supply the actual EAD to employer.

For first time EAD applicant, though, it is still unclear whether it is okay to work on the day receiving production order email.

I have asked HR for a lot of help in the past, and feel i have troubled them too much. So now I'm just waiting for the card. But it is an ordeal.

Just as an fyi from my case... the date the EAD was valid was the date I got the first e-mail stating that it was approved. I received it 10 calendar days later, but the effective date was the earlier date.

So, it might just be up to HR on whether they will allow you to start working knowing that you have the approval and that you will be able to provide them with a valid EAD later that pre-dates your employment date.

My current work authorization was running out and once I got the e-mail and printed the case status page, they were fine with letting me continue to work until the card came. Luckily I got the card the day before my old authorization expired, be even so, they were going to let me work knowing that when the card came in it would have pre-dated the expiry of my old visa.

Just as an fyi from my case... the date the EAD was valid was the date I got the first e-mail stating that it was approved. I received it 10 calendar days later, but the effective date was the earlier date.

So, it might just be up to HR on whether they will allow you to start working knowing that you have the approval and that you will be able to provide them with a valid EAD later that pre-dates your employment date.

My current work authorization was running out and once I got the e-mail and printed the case status page, they were fine with letting me continue to work until the card came. Luckily I got the card the day before my old authorization expired, be even so, they were going to let me work knowing that when the card came in it would have pre-dated the expiry of my old visa.

Thanks for the reference. I think you are right, for EAD renewal, it is more flexible.

With first time applicant, it's still unclear to me as to when is the legal effective date. I-9 check is complicated.

BUT the big news is I just got my EAD!!!!!!

THANK GOD!!!!

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:

I really wish I had put this EAD issue seriously at the begining and had not have to go thru this hellish experience.

EAD application accepted on May 7 2008. Still nothing???

Hi
my EAD application was accepted on 7th May 2008 at the California Service Centre. However it still shows pending on the website.
I read in the posts that we can ask for expedite service. Can anyone tell me exactly how to get in touch with the cust. rep..coz when i call the 800-375 – 5283 i just cannot contact the customer service rep...
also...is there anyone who filed around the same time and got the approval notice...or card in production status.... please reply...

thanks in advance

S

I applied for my I-140/AOS (concurrent filing) on March 19,, 2008. Although I received my EAD and AP (still well over 90 Days) my husband is still awaiting his. (I am the primary applicant). It has been over 130 Days now. B/w us we have gone to over 4 info pass appointments, made multiple calls to the customer service. Even put in an expedited request...but no use. They got back to us with a letter in 5 days saying our case does'nt qualify for emergency request.

We even hired an Expediter/Agent through our lawyer who went and talked to TSC. He said he should get his EAD by 13th Aug. But so far no LUD or anything. My husband was suppose to begin his surgical residency by July 1st. The hospital has given him until Aug 31st, and after that he looses his spot. Which means he looses an entire year.

We just dont know what to do now. Interestingly, we were told through the expediter that delay was due to name check and that it was back by July 15th. And then we get a letter from USCIS on July 31st that his application is still in background check !!! ???

Any ideas/input folks. Would a letter to the senator help? Thanks

EB1 OR, TSC
------------
3/19/2008: AD; 140, 485, 765, 131 (Concurrent Filing)
3/20/2008: RD; 140, 485, 765, 131
6/26/2008: my EAD Approval Notice (card received in a week)
7/09/2008: my Adv Parole Approval Notice (card received in 4 days)
7/16/2008: LUD on my husband's EAD
8/07/2008: 140 Approval Notice (LUD). Email Sent.

deargodplhelpme ,

I have question for you about your AP approval timeline.
I am applying for mothers AOS and since she may have to leave the country before her approval comes in, I am applying for AP too.
I was browsing through this forum and notice that it took you 5 months to get AP approval!! Can you please share why do you think it took so long for your AP approval.

Thanks in advance