Estimated number of NIW petitions per year

nscagony

Registered Users (C)
USCIS just released a bulletin informing about their intent to extend the use of some information gathering forms for EB2-NIW petitions. They mention that they estimate that 8,000 applicants per year have to fill it out. So thats 8,000 I-140s per year.

http://regulations.justia.com/view/101434/

Trackitt has about 100 I-140s in the NIW category for 2007, thats about 1.25% coverage. On trackitt cases are about 50% NSC and 50% TSC. That would be 4,000 applications per center per year.

Based on 260 work days thats a workload of 15 applications per day. NSC seems to be falling behind, so I would guess they process at most 7 applications per day. At 30-60min per application that means they have at most 1 IO working on NIWs!

That might explain why processing of NIWs stopped for a few month. Maybe that one IO was sick, or was assigned to do receipts. And it would also explain the differences between NSC and TSC. In both centers there is really just 1 person processing NIW cases and they happen to disagree on who should get an approval, with the NSC IO being really difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is some interesting data and analysis. We could test your theory - all we need to do is ask every recipient of RFE to post their IO ID number...I would guess there would be more than one IO handling NIWs - according to your analysis, maybe together they process 7 cases or less a day!

in the first page of your RFE, you will see an examiner number below the signature of the director. Mine said NSC/MMA EX four three one (in numerals of course)

Last edited by a moderator: