• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Error in the Electronic Diversity Visa Entry

Ekuna

Dear friends
I need your help.
I am 2011 DV Lottery Winners. But Yestarday I found out that when completing the Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form I made an error in the date of birth: instead of January of February.
How does this error affect the fate of my card and whether there is an opportunity to correct a mistake? Thank You

Correcting the errors in the E-DV application form is not allowed once it is submitted.Error Correction of the names, date of birth and change of addresses in the submitted E-DV entry form can't be allowed now. Also the address you entered in the E-DV entry form too can't be changed to another one.If you have already made an error and you are selected for the program, then the consular officer who is going to interview will decide about it on the day of the interview. Some time if the KCC finds out that your online submitted entry details didn't match with your details in the visa application form, you may not get the visa interview letter.

Dearest SAMUEL5028,

Please don't scare him like that. I have made an error in my name and dob in e-application. But provided the correct ones in the form. I wasn't asked about those during the interview and got my visa easily! I am a 2009 winner, now living in the US.

You can change your address or even place of interview. I did that. But communicating with KCC will be hard unless you tell them the info you provided in the e-app. I knew the error so all i did was not relocate from my place and waited for the second letter to arrive. When it did, no problems at all.

Dearest SAMUEL5028,

Please don't scare him like that. I have made an error in my name and dob in e-application. But provided the correct ones in the form. I wasn't asked about those during the interview and got my visa easily! I am a 2009 winner, now living in the US.

You can change your address or even place of interview. I did that. But communicating with KCC will be hard unless you tell them the info you provided in the e-app. I knew the error so all i did was not relocate from my place and waited for the second letter to arrive. When it did, no problems at all.

Correcting the errors in the E-DV application form is not allowed once it is submitted.Error Correction of the names, date of birth and change of addresses in the submitted E-DV entry form can't be allowed now. Also the address you entered in the E-DV entry form too can't be changed to another one.If you have already made an error and you are selected for the program, then the consular officer who is going to interview will decide about it on the day of the interview. Some time if the KCC finds out that your online submitted entry details didn't match with your details in the visa application form, you may not get the visa interview letter.

sam,

If you don't know about the processes in KCC why not be silent.

In your 1st NL you make all the corrections there, since the error in your date of birth is January instead of February, it doesn't change your age. Make sure that all your documents for your interviews bears the correct DOB, b/cos every thing depends on the CO.

KCC don't have anything to do with your interview, all they do is processing of case numbers. When such cases becomes current they will schedule u for an interview and you forms will be sent to the embassy where u will want do the interview. If you want to change your mailing address or the address of the person in USA where you will want to stay, just sent a mail to KCC on time and it will be effected. I did the same.

Goodluck

Dear friends,
THank you verymuch for your advices.Now I sent correcty filled documents. Hope that everything wil be ok.

Facing interview from Europe , Australia and facing it frm Asia / Africa are not the same. i hv seen a paper where the US authorities says, people of Africa / Asia do some fraud things during the preparation of papers. Thats why, error in EDV application will surely make two different way , based on the interviewing country.

hi,
I made same mistake with my date of birth, I am sure year is ok but I have no idea for month and day, I did not print out form when I fill the online application
now KCC does not help me because of I can not verify my id. I already send DS-230 and DSP-122 however since 6 months before there is no update from KCC.
I do not know if they accept my ds forms or not. So what should I do?
Please help..

sam,

If you don't know about the processes in KCC why not be silent.

In your 1st NL you make all the corrections there, since the error in your date of birth is January instead of February, it doesn't change your age. Make sure that all your documents for your interviews bears the correct DOB, b/cos every thing depends on the CO.

KCC don't have anything to do with your interview, all they do is processing of case numbers. When such cases becomes current they will schedule u for an interview and you forms will be sent to the embassy where u will want do the interview. If you want to change your mailing address or the address of the person in USA where you will want to stay, just sent a mail to KCC on time and it will be effected. I did the same.

Goodluck
It happened to one of my friend. If i have mistaken am sorry with it....

I have proof it won't hurt your case. MY friend didn't discover that her birth year was off until she had won and called KCC and they couldn't find any one with the name and b-day.

They wouldn't help her but told her to guess what she could have filled out. By the 3rd or 4th guess she was right. It was her siblings birth year that was filled out. She sent proof (multiple) of what her birth year was and she was not even questioned about it at the interview. The evidence was overwhelming, so if you have proof you clicked wrong, that is just a human error. If you have conflicting papers, that might be an issue.

Error in DV lottery

Please help, i filled an application for a friend and mixed all the last and first names except for the main applicant. if they are selected later, will this be a reason to reject them? thanks in advance

desperately need some help

dear friends,

as i saw, errors like selecting wrong month or writing the surname to name part etc. don't make a big difference and can be easily overcomed. but i suppose i made a major mistake and while making the application, i selected "took some graduate lessons" thinking that the word was "undergraduate". and when i realised the mistake i have done, the application was already completed. can you tell me what i should do about this mistake? i completed the application about half an hour ago. should i send an e-mail to the address given on application page or just forget about everything or what?
thanks in advance for the helps.

I don't think this is actually a major error, as in either case you presumably have the minimum education requirements. Getting the name wrong IMO would be a more significant error.
Remember if you are selected, you then fill out the official forms DS122 and DS230 where you give details of education. I really wouldn't worry about this.

I don't think this is actually a major error, as in either case you presumably have the minimum education requirements. Getting the name wrong IMO would be a more significant error.
Remember if you are selected, you then fill out the official forms DS122 and DS230 where you give details of education. I really wouldn't worry about this.

I thought it was a major mistake since the educational background criteria were so strict but still, I will stick to your opinion as it's a very comforting answer. :) Thanks a lot.

I thought it was a major mistake since the educational background criteria were so strict but still, I will stick to your opinion as it's a very comforting answer. :) Thanks a lot.

It would be a problem if you claimed you had completed 12 years of high school if you haven't, as that is the minimum requirement. Beyond that anything can be easily cleared up at interview.

Dear friends
I need your help.
I am 2011 DV Lottery Winners. But Yestarday I found out that when completing the Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form I made an error in the date of birth: instead of January of February.
How does this error affect the fate of my card and whether there is an opportunity to correct a mistake? Thank You

How did your Interview go...? Did it affect your Application...? I have a similar error and I was wondering if that'd affect my application.

How did your Interview go...? Did it affect your Application...? I have a similar error and I was wondering if that'd affect my application.

My interview went without any problems.
I just sent to Kentucky Consular Center email, like this:

"I would like to draw your attention to the fact that in the primary electronic application request form Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form there is a technical mistake made in the date of birth (??-??-???? instead of ??-??-????).
I hope for your understanding and do apologize for all troubles and inconveniences with this regards".

The answer from the Center was that this error would not affect the case, that forms had been received and wereacceptable for the continuation of visa processing.

My interview went without any problems.
I just sent to Kentucky Consular Center email, like this:

"I would like to draw your attention to the fact that in the primary electronic application request form Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form there is a technical mistake made in the date of birth (??-??-???? instead of ??-??-????).
I hope for your understanding and do apologize for all troubles and inconveniences with this regards".

The answer from the Center was that this error would not affect the case, that forms had been received and wereacceptable for the continuation of visa processing.

That's great news to hear. So you're in the United State Now ?