EricS I-485 is approved! Freeeedooooooom!!

Congratulations Eric, I saw your post late today because of a busy work day. I am happy for you and delighted to see that there is 1 approval very close to m ND. I dont know when I will share my news with the people in this forum.
All the best!

Congrats EricS

Congrats EricS...

I too went through the pain like you but in different way.
GOD IS THERE.. HE WILL HELP ALL WHO ARE WAITING FOR APPROVALS.

Enjoy....

Congratulations

Congratulations EricS on your hard earned victory !! I am going to pray very earnestly for UN and all others whose GC is pending to get speedy approvals. Hope UN's case is approved ASAP. Wish him all our good luck..
I only wish we continue our help in all regards to the members whose GC is pending / in the process.

Thanks
TSR.
==========================================================
PD - Oct 1999
I-140 AP 07/27/2000
I-485 ND 11/07/03
EAD AD - 04/21/04
AP AD - 04/21/04
FP - 01/14/05
485 AD - 02/24/05
PP Stamped - 03/14/05
CO - 03/30/05
CR - 04/01/05

Wife's I-485 ND 01/28/2005
FP ??
AP AD - 03/15/05
EAD AD - 03/15/05 EAD returned back to VSC becos Post man didnt see
wife's name inside my mail box and didnt deliver it. how stupid!!? Requested to be re-sent on Mar 25,2005 and finally obtained it on April 22nd.
I485 AD ???? Only hope we get it soon :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hearty Congratulations !!!!

Enjoy the freedom man. I saw your post in 485 tracker forum and didn't realize that you have gone through so much. CONGRATS!!
Best of Luck to United Nations .I was talking to one of my friend the other day, he told me that UN prepared a big document for somebody(Now I know who). I didn't believe it then. Hope you too get it soon.

Hey I am the last one to congratulate you…. It was awesome to here this news.
It is wonderful news.. nothing you could ask more for ….

It has been really bumpy( actually more than that) ride when we actually at some points lost the GC hopes. But now you can expect a peaceful life.

Here we are, after a long wait and all that troubles we have gone through. I still remember the day I landed first time in US, I had to wait 9 hours on Airport before somebody was there to pick me up from the company. I know the other things you have gone through as well just waiting to see TODAY. Guess what END OF THAT STORY.

In this journey we have met a wonderful person UN who has actually saved us from sinking. The credit goes to him, It would not had been possible to see this day without his help. He has spent his days and nights to get us out of this mess. Hats off to UN.

I Wish you the best for all your future endeavors.

Regards

EricS said:
I am very happy to share this news with all of you that by the grace of GOD, my 485 is approved!

I got the emails this morning, 05/05/05, that my 485 was approved on 5/4/2005 and a new card has been ordered.

It has been a long 4 yr journey, may be not as long as some others, but it was full of bumps and stop signs. LC was filed in Oct 2001 in RIR after months of preparation. Then it got stuck in the April 2001 LC loop in NJ. Then we got a NOID on LC for revising the proffered wage from 65 K to ~80 K. We did that and LC was approved in Nov 2003. Our wonderful attorney took couple of months to put together the case.

After a years wait, 140 and hence 485s were denied in Nov 2004 due to Ability to pay and Education issue. We talked to our attorney and he just gave up. Talked to our CPA, same thing. These were the guys whom we have been telling since last 6 months that 140 may get denied due to A2P and we may need to do something. They always said that they will handle it when it comes. When the denial came, they simply backed out.

I was so depressed. I was already in my 6th year of H1. Even if I applied for new LC, there were no chances of getting a 7th year H1 ext. Anyway I applied for 2 new LCs from 2 different states after paying expenses out of my pocket. I was also thinking of taking a pre-approved LC, but could not find any reliable company for that.

Then.... came..... UnitedNations!
He was the first person to tell me, "You will be approved". I had hard time believing him first, but reading thru his posts and talking to him, I realized what knowledge he has. I put full faith in him. We filed MTR without any attorney's help. UN was the one who prepared the more than 100 page MTR for me. My friend, Hidden_Man, had already done all the ground work with UN and our employer when his 140 got denied, and it proved so helpful. In fact, I may not have done it without his help. My MTR was accepted and 140 was approved in a month. Considering Dec holiday season, it was pretty fast. For more details about my MTR please read my post #1301 in UnitedNations ability to pay thread.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1027682&postcount=1301

Thank you UN, you are simply great!

Then I got my FP in Feb 2005. Tried to do early FP, but had to wait. Now for last couple of days, I was watching other people get approved with NDs in as far as Dec 2004 and was thinking what is happening to my case. As you may know, my wife's case was also denied along with my 485. Her 485 got reopened in March 2005. FP season was already over by then and we did not get FP for her. So finally, yesterday, we decided to call USCIS to request to send a FP notice as the published dates for 485 is June 3rd 2004 now (ours is ND 5/18/2004). I called 800 # and we got transferred to VSC. The officer who took the call said that, although your ND is 5/18/2004, but yours are reopened cases on MTR, so those processing dates do not mean anything to your cases. It may take months for your cases to be touched.

My heart sank and I was thinking what is going to happen. I will have to shell out another $3000/- for H1 ext and above all this uncertainty. I did not want to use EAD as I was not very sure what will happen to my 485. We were about to hang up disappointed, when I asked him if can please check the status of my case. He asked for my A# and in a very normal way said " Your case is approved today". We couldn't believe what he was saying. Anyway, I thanked him and we hung up the phone. Then I started waiting for Website update and Email. I haven't checked my email, these many numbers of times in one day as I checked yesterday. I waited till 11 PM, still no update. I started feeling that he may have punched in a wrong A# and it was not my case. I still had hope as I had seen so may people reporting that they received email notification the next day about approval.

I couldn’t sleep very well and got up early. Still no email, no update on the website. Finally, at 7:15 AM I got 2 emails announcing my approval. Website also updated. The message says that after approving, a card has been ordered. My wait is over!

Now we are waiting for my wife to get a FP notice, lets see when that will happen.

I am so thankful to Mr. Rajiv S. Khanna, that he hosts this wonderful website, where we can all share our experiences and progress on our cases. If it were not for this forum, I would have never met UN and may be had to wait another couple of years to get my GC or may have given up and just went back.

Thanks to my friend, Hidden_Man, for doing all the ground work for MTR. I feel so bad that his 485 is stuck in the name check, I wish he also get his approval soon.

There are so many wonderful people on this forum, who help others in need. Thanks to them and thanks to all the forum members, who share their experiences and make this unpredictable journey, a little less stressful. Thank you all!

I wish the PDs become current soon and all of you, who are waiting for approval, get it soon. I know what it is like waiting. I wish no one has to go thru what I went thru.
Best to luck and thanks!

I am right here, trying to help others, as much I can.
God bless you!

EricS:

Congratulation !
when you do MTR, did you just write a letter or use any USCIS Form, my attorney told me there is no form for it, just write a letter with title MTR is ok. After you submitted MTR, any LUD changes in your I140/I485 ? Thanks,

Thank you all for your good wishes, we finally got FP for my wife.
As you know from my previous post, that we called VSC for her FP notice. I do not know that my approval or that call, but something triggered her FP to be sent out. The point that I want to share with you is that although we changed our address in Jan 05 sometime, her FP notice went to our old address and that copy is already lost. Luckly, our Attorney called us and told that they have received a copy of FP notice. I asked them to FedEx it and we did the FP for her. It was code 1.

The FP notice went to old address even after her 485 reopen notice came to new address in March 05.

So if anyone of you is waiting for FP and have changed the address recently, please check with your attorney if they received the FP notice.

I have a very good news to share with you. My wife's 485 got approved. As you may know, her FP notice did not come along with mine as her case was not reopened when everyone was getting FP notices. When my case got approved and also the published dates moved past out ND, we called VSC. We do not know if that call or my approval triggered it, but the FP notice was sent out. It is a different story that the FP notice got lost and how we got a copy from attorny, but anyway, we were able to get her FP done on May 20th (or so). The online message updated on June 2nd saying that FP results were recd. There was no other LUD on her case.

One of the reason I am sharing this in detail with you is what comes next. The priority dates got announced and it was clear that if she does not get an approval by June 30th, then we will have to wait atleast up to Oct. So she called USCIS National CS to initiate an inquiry on June 14 th or 15th. The next day, we sent in a expedite request and the reasons we mentioned were as follows:
> Spouse case already approved.
> Did not get FP along with spouse.
> Published date is past more than 2 months from our ND.
> FP results already recd by VSC.
> Most importantly, EB3 is going to be unavailable from June 30th.

So we requested them to approve her case if othrwise approvable.

We still do not know if it was status inquiry or expedite request or combination or nothing, but just one week later, her case is approved.

So if any of these conditions apply to you, I suggest you to do as we did, you may get approved before 30th.

Thanks to everyone for wishing us luck for her approval.

Best of luck!

congratulations EricS

I am glad to see your wife's approval. Thank you for sharing your story.
Me and many others benefit a lot from your contribution in this forum.

Good luck in the future

Thank you very much for sharing your information with us. How do you know that they received your FP?

futon said:
Thank you very much for sharing your information with us. How do you know that they received your FP?
You are welcome.
I knew USCIS recived the FP results because the online status message changed to something like "Results of your FP received and processing continued......"

EricS said:
I have a very good news to share with you. My wife's 485 got approved. As you may know, her FP notice did not come along with mine as her case was not reopened when everyone was getting FP notices. When my case got approved and also the published dates moved past out ND, we called VSC. We do not know if that call or my approval triggered it, but the FP notice was sent out. It is a different story that the FP notice got lost and how we got a copy from attorny, but anyway, we were able to get her FP done on May 20th (or so). The online message updated on June 2nd saying that FP results were recd. There was no other LUD on her case.

One of the reason I am sharing this in detail with you is what comes next. The priority dates got announced and it was clear that if she does not get an approval by June 30th, then we will have to wait atleast up to Oct. So she called USCIS National CS to initiate an inquiry on June 14 th or 15th. The next day, we sent in a expedite request and the reasons we mentioned were as follows:
> Spouse case already approved.
> Did not get FP along with spouse.
> Published date is past more than 2 months from our ND.
> FP results already recd by VSC.
> Most importantly, EB3 is going to be unavailable from June 30th.

So we requested them to approve her case if othrwise approvable.

We still do not know if it was status inquiry or expedite request or combination or nothing, but just one week later, her case is approved.

So if any of these conditions apply to you, I suggest you to do as we did, you may get approved before 30th.

Thanks to everyone for wishing us luck for her approval.

Best of luck!
Hi EricS,
Clear your personal mails. I am trying to send a PM, an error showing that your PM account reached to maximum number.
BTW, our 485s got approved.

venkat04 said:
Hi EricS,
Clear your personal mails. I am trying to send a PM, an error showing that your PM account reached to maximum number.
BTW, our 485s got approved.
Congratulations!, That is a very good news. Please let me know how you got FP and when did the approval happen. I have cleared my private messages.