• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Entering the US after a long absence of 2 years as a green card holder

Kassem

Hello, I got my DV green card in Nov 2019 and I have not lived in the US since. I was doing yearly trips in and out the US since and i never had any problems at the border.

I was thinking of abandoning my green card this year but the process was complicated so i decided to postpone it for next year.

Now, i have been abroad for 1 year and a half and I would like to go back for business trip. Do you think i will be admitted as an LPR?

Thank you,
Kassem

Only a court can take away your green card so it's always worth a shot.

What have you been doing to maintain your residency? Address? Bank account? Drivers license? Taxes?

Your little yearly trips aren't doing anything to maintain status and you're on borrowed time before someone at the border twigs.

Only a court can take away your green card so it's always worth a shot.

What have you been doing to maintain your residency? Address? Bank account? Drivers license? Taxes?

Your little yearly trips aren't doing anything to maintain status and you're on borrowed time before someone at the border twigs.
Slight correction here - only a court can take away the LPR status. I believe CBP however can take the GC at the POE following which they will issue a notice to appear in front of a judge to demonstrate the LPR status has not been abandoned.

Ok thanks!
My only concern is that in order to go back and settle in the US, I will need to do at least 3 or 4 round trips in the coming year. I'm having doubts if that will go smoothly until i finally make the move. I guess i have to try and see. (Re-entry permit is not an option anymore).