Enjoyable way to GC in light of Amnesty

mummiezed

Registered Users (C)
Some dude talked about illegalizing himself by working part time weekly in a gas station in order to join the Mexican herds for amnesty. But dude you have a much more enjoyable way to do it: working for your own company without authorization.

Anybody can form a company, even without any visa.
CIS cares about if somebody works without authorization. Any and all work, including taking out the trash in the company you own, requires work authorization. Paid or not paid doesn't make a difference. The act of doing something, anything, for the company is what matters.

Besides taking out the trash from you home office, to which your LLC or sole proprietorship is registered, you can put revenue generating ads on you website without authorization, elegantly and comfortably illegalizing yourself.

If you have already been doing so for years, you'd be really blessed. Otherwise it's not too late to do yourself such a favor:)

You are so brave to urge people in public to act illegally. Don't you have dignity, self-respect and ethics ?

Last edited by a moderator:
No seriously...

GotPR? said:
You are so brave to urge people in public to act illegally. Don't you have dignity, self-respect and ethics ?

This is what I have been telling my friends. Hell if the amnesty comes through, I might as well rip up my H1-B and apply for amnesty. It will be faster that this EB3 shit USCIS is killing me with. :mad:

F@#K dignity, self-respect and ethics when they don't seem to matter. It is time to go with the crowds and aim for self benefit.

Another thing I don't do anymore is to contribute to my community. No donations, no community work, no volunteering...no nothing. I even stopped spending money excesively in restaurants, shopping etc. Save money, in case you have to go back, at least you won't be sorry you wasted your time only working on this immigration shit. :eek:

:p to the politicos!

what does Shakespeare say?

GotPR? said:

To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them?

O, what a dignity surrenderring to a dysfunctional system showing zero respect to you tech workers:)

This shows the extent of frustration we all are going through because of this messed up immigration system.
I can feel the frustration one can have if he sees 350,000 illegal people in line to get a green card and sharing his legal quota and there is no hope that this BIG mistake will get corrected in this year.
I also wish to go back in past and apply for amnesty in april 2001.

Good Luck to all.

A strong possibility

While, I do agree that the Mex folks are trying to beat the traffic by taking the car pool lane.

Two things are badly timed this time.

1. The fact that they broke the law,
2. With the hightened security risks US faces from border perspective, after their military prescence in Iraq, Afghanistan etc..
3. Rising Gas Prices and hitting the common man
4. More deaths arising out of IRAQ, will make the Govt think twice as these top 4 issues are in the American Mind.

They may try to keep the frying pan hot, but will not piss the American people in giving anything away for the Mex folks, it is a strong carrot and stick policy to garner votes. It is too much of a hot potato for any politicians career in terms of losing votes to give anything decisive. Approving the illegals, will alienate them from Main stream -

Also, while talking to some Stanford folks this weekend, heard that, they emphasised how the immigration system for qualified H1s, and F1 visa holders have been a distant dream, leading to Brain Drain. Apparently govt is trying to work out a proposal to address this issue seriously. Companies like Microsoft, Cisco, intel etc all have stakes here. it is a billion $ investment and they definately do not want to loose top talents to the competitors, and they are all working behind background. Hiring a H1 is tough today, since a lot of companies like Infosys, Wipro take a huge chunk of them, and keep the engineers back home and will only ship them if there is a project, this makes the tasks for Microsoft etc..tough to bring new talentss.

I strongly believe Mex folks are living on a Mirage. It is tough to bring 12 million people with amnesty in main stream, it will cost the govt huge tax $ to legalise, i doubt if this process will take off. if they still amend the system, the que will be behind the legals as Bush and others have always emphasised that - the new folks will go to end of the line, and not to the begining of line.

"End of the line, not beginning of the line": I don't buy that.
According to USCIS, 1/4 of men hours are being used to process existing EAD. Imagine what would be processing of "EAD" to 20+ million people. That by itself would most likely overhelm USCIS to a point in which things don't work for us. This idea of not "jumping" the line doesn't exist. It could be a way to look more promising and sell out the insane guest-worker/amnesty plan. Then eventually when the illegals reach the point in which GC could be processed, again we would observe the nasty backlogs that we have experienced with 245(i) amnesty, but now 1000x worse.

The truth is that USCIS doesn't have the infrastructure to implement such guest-worker/amnesty plan. The truth is that without first securing and controlling the borders, one cannot control immigration.

Regarding the dignity for not wanting to become illegal, I am sad to tell you that this country is not the same anymore. I remember when I was 10 years old the US was respected by the level of integrity and laws. When a country starts to favor those who break the laws and harm the honest people just for short-term gains, things start to fade away. This country is looking more and more like a third world country. I will not advise one to become illegal, but let tell you that to most politicians and government in this country, that doesn't mean anything. If you are "able to get away with it" you are fine. That is my perception.

sundar99 said:
While, I do agree that the Mex folks are trying to beat the traffic by taking the car pool lane.

Two things are badly timed this time.

1. The fact that they broke the law,
2. With the hightened security risks US faces from border perspective, after their military prescence in Iraq, Afghanistan etc..
3. Rising Gas Prices and hitting the common man
4. More deaths arising out of IRAQ, will make the Govt think twice as these top 4 issues are in the American Mind.

They may try to keep the frying pan hot, but will not piss the American people in giving anything away for the Mex folks, it is a strong carrot and stick policy to garner votes. It is too much of a hot potato for any politicians career in terms of losing votes to give anything decisive. Approving the illegals, will alienate them from Main stream -

Also, while talking to some Stanford folks this weekend, heard that, they emphasised how the immigration system for qualified H1s, and F1 visa holders have been a distant dream, leading to Brain Drain. Apparently govt is trying to work out a proposal to address this issue seriously. Companies like Microsoft, Cisco, intel etc all have stakes here. it is a billion $ investment and they definately do not want to loose top talents to the competitors, and they are all working behind background. Hiring a H1 is tough today, since a lot of companies like Infosys, Wipro take a huge chunk of them, and keep the engineers back home and will only ship them if there is a project, this makes the tasks for Microsoft etc..tough to bring new talentss.

I strongly believe Mex folks are living on a Mirage. It is tough to bring 12 million people with amnesty in main stream, it will cost the govt huge tax $ to legalise, i doubt if this process will take off. if they still amend the system, the que will be behind the legals as Bush and others have always emphasised that - the new folks will go to end of the line, and not to the begining of line.

No wonder GotPR has diginity, self respect, ethics - he already has the card. Well pls do not suggest others when the whole system is screwing them, when the people running the system do not count any of the qualities you mentioned. Moreover people are just trying to discuss the views, I think very rarely will anyone take that path of illegals unless one is already illegal.

butthead said:
This is what I have been telling my friends. Hell if the amnesty comes through, I might as well rip up my H1-B and apply for amnesty. It will be faster that this EB3 shit USCIS is killing me with. :mad:

To become undocumented is not all that simple .. for U are already documented..

to become undocumented ... U should enter the contry illegally then only U will be given amnesty...

Practise some tough desert crossing on foot without food and water for days ... then U might be on the way to rewarded Amnesty...

Dude,
Why mess with desert ? Cross in from Canada through wheat field in midwest. or through rich pasture on BC/Washington state border along with dope head Marijuana smugglers. Tension kai ko leneka.

>Some dude talked about illegalizing himself by working part time weekly in a gas station in order to join the Mexican herds for amnesty

Mummiezed.

FYI buddy.
Mexico is not the only country that imports illegal aliens into the US. And the southern border is not the only one used to smuggle them.

GaramChai2go said:
No wonder GotPR has diginity, self respect, ethics - he already has the card. .
it does not matter if have a card or not, Even though i'm stuck in retro, i would not think to go illegal. If i did not make it, i'd go home.
that is my ethics.

This is the board that lawyer who studies the law is running. Do you think it is appropriate to put such a post that urges illegal act ?

All lawyers members of AILA studied laws as well, yet the vast majority of immigration lawyers support illegal aliens amnesty - just to profit from it. I have no idea about Rajeev position on this, but that is true for most lawyer.THis country is more and more giving s* for integrity.

GotPR? said:
it does not matter if have a card or not, Even though i'm stuck in retro, i would not think to go illegal. If i did not make it, i'd go home.
that is my ethics.

This is the board that lawyer who studies the law is running. Do you think it is appropriate to put such a post that urges illegal act ?

well spoken

marlon2006 said:
All lawyers members of AILA studied laws as well, yet the vast majority of immigration lawyers support illegal aliens amnesty - just to profit from it. I have no idea about Rajeev position on this, but that is true for most lawyer.THis country is more and more giving s* for integrity.

Does the average American have dignity or ethics?

Asked whether they would support military action if Iran continued to produce material that could be used to develop nuclear weapons, 48 percent of the poll's respondents, or almost half, said yes; 40 percent said no. [Doyle McManus, Los Angeles Times].
It would be interesting to dig out what Americans say about US "missions" Libya, Kosovo, Afghanistan ...
One article on web [http://321energy.com/editorials/pollock/pollock022306.html] did an in-depth analysis of the moral decline of the (American) people, which has led to "unwillingness to produce for themselves".

And that's why you tech workers, along with the restaurant waiters, gas station workers, are here to stay, to produce what the attorneys, CXOs, paper flippers are unwilling or unable to produce.

Thanks for the reminder

ecuellaro said:
>Some dude talked about illegalizing himself by working part time weekly in a gas station in order to join the Mexican herds for amnesty

Mummiezed.

FYI buddy.
Mexico is not the only country that imports illegal aliens into the US. And the southern border is not the only one used to smuggle them.

illegal immigration is an on going movie, where Mexico is the star:)

Name one country that has true 100% integrity. We choose which devil to sleep with based on our needs.

marlon2006 said: