Employment Contract Bond Till visa expires - 3 Years

harshal225

Hi Rajiv Sir,

Actually, currently, I am working in India for USA based company which having a presence in India also, but last year I got an offer from Canada so I resigned from my current company but current company asked me to stay here and they will file h1b for me, and I stayed in the same company by asking 120K USD when I start working in USA, they filed h1b lottery and petition, everything is approved but now when the time comes to book flight then they are saying I have to sign a bond till visa expires ( almost 3 years) which they never mentioned before and they are not telling the bond amount also. And in salary also they are giving 90K USD in the USA, Moneywise I also calculated I will save 13-14 Lac less in the USA in comparison with the Indian salary. now I don't know what to do, can you please guide me, I will be thankful to you.

Thank you

Hi dr.
It's Important to understand the after effects of signing a bond for an H-1B visa with your current employer.

First of all it is advisable to consult some legal experts or professional both in U.S and in India. You'll get a wider perspective this way.
If the bond was not mentioned earlier, you may have grounds to discuss this with your employer. You can ask for transparency on the contractual Conditions. And as far as you are comparing the profits you're getting comparing the compromising is also another option you're left with. So, Ensure the terms align with your expectations and the cost of living in the U.S.
But yet you need to understand the exact terms of the bond, including the duration. A three-year commitment is significant, and you should be comfortable with the commitment. I'd suggest seeking a professional's help or an immigration attorney like xxxxxx. to get a view of holistic approach to your this situation.
Rest all the best and Good Luck Rajiv

Last edited by a moderator:
@JoyceD - this forum does not condone providing members with pretentious or misleading information like you did above by signing off as “Rajiv” who you clearly are not! The name of the immigration professional or attorney you also recommended for further consultation has been removed from your above post and previous other posts where it was mentioned.

Administrative actions will be taken against your account if this happens again, so consider this a warning.