Employer has informed USCIS that I have left

glowing_diamond

Registered Users (C)
I got my GC in October 03 and resigned in Febr 05. My employer has informed USCIS that I have left employment. Will this cause a problem for me?

I think the only person who is going to look stupid is your employer. After 1.5 years of getting GC. There should be no problems.

i am planning to do the same thing.. i am leaving the employer...but they are threating that they will inform to INS that i am leaving..

i dont know it would be a problem or not....

common guys

Are you in the dreams that employer will be happy if you leave him even after working for 1 or 2 years???
The moment you quit him he is going to loose money right?
If employer can get the GC revoked every employer would do that. Or uscis would tell us in wlecome letter that we are granting your GC as conditional.

So don't be panic and enjoy yoour lives.

There is one catagory of employers called "blood sucking" who do all this complaining to uscis and all...

Tempo

If your employer is of the complaning kind staying for 6 months at least definitely is a good idea. Beyond a year there is nothing he/she can do. I seriously feel it is time that USCIS comes down on any such employers who use threats to retain employees for unreasonable periods as this totally goes against what this country stands for.

Yeppo

this could be illegal

I am not a lawyer, but the employer actions you are describing seem to be illegal. I would say that it falls in the category of "blackmail". However, in this case if your intentions at the time of green card approval were to be in the job permanent then your employer can do a _hit. Talk to a good lawyer. Good luck.

nov02-485 said:
I am not a lawyer, but the employer actions you are describing seem to be illegal.

It's a free country - they can complain all they want to USCIS. After a year and a half, this employer's complaints will have the same response as all the times we complained that our Green Cards were taking too long to process. :D