Employer filed EAD last month now changing job during EAD renewal process

munnadada

Registered Users (C)
Hello All -
I search in the forum if I can get my answer but didn't find same or similar situation. Can someone advice me?

My employer filed my EAT renewal last month, now I have very good offer from another employer. I want to accept offer from new employer. Can my current employer will able to cancel my EAD renewal application or not?

Thanks.

It depends whether or not you qualify for AC21.
Give us your case details. Is your I-140 approved? When?
Also when did you apply for I-485?

You're covered under AC21 and can take up the new job.
The conditions are: I-140 must be approved AND I-458 must be pending for more than 180 days. From your signature, both these conditions are met and hence you're free to accept a new job offer, as long as it is same or similar to what you're doing now. The job title need not match but the job duties and responsibilities must be close to what you're doing now.
Also, your new employer can't cancel the EAD application.
Go ahead and accept the new job.

The EAD application is yours and thus it should not be an issue. As long as you maintain AC21 criteria (already explained by other posters), you should be okay with changing jobs.

EAD renewal application was submitted by my employer not by me. My concern was that if I change job during my EAD renewal process, can employer withdrow renewal application? If he does what will be impact?

Thanks.

EAD renewal application was submitted by my employer not by me. My concern was that if I change job during my EAD renewal process, can employer withdrow renewal application? If he does what will be impact?

The EAD application is yours. The employer submitted it for you, but cannot withdraw it for you. If they do, the attorney will be finding a new career.

EAD and pros/cons

Hi RealCanadian,

I am looking for some answers asap and contacted ginnu and jackolatern and would like to seek ur opinion as well. here is my situation.

This question was raised to join a new employer or get the pay one deserves. One the same effect,

Is it possible to pull my EAD out and work as an independent contractor?
I have a good contract coming up and I need to decided ASAP if I can go 1099 with this contracting company as independent. I am unsure if you can have them cut a check on ur name while on AOS status. I understand I lose my H1 status the moment I start using EAD. At this stage, the H1 is not fetching me anything as its not stamped on my Passport.

If I use my EAD, do I need to file AC21 and how?, as I plan to be independent?

Please educate me to the pros and cons of it. I really appreciate a timely response. I am setup to meet the client tomorrow AM.

I did a search on this forum and couldn't get convincing answers.

Thanks & Regards,

The EAD application is yours. The employer submitted it for you, but cannot withdraw it for you. If they do, the attorney will be finding a new career.