Employement letter from employer for H1 stamping at Montreal and H4 at Chennai

sudhin

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I read the employment letter at http://immihelp.com/docs/RevalidateEmpLetter.html

I have a question as to whom the letter should be addressed to ??

Well I will be going to US consulate at Montreal for my H1 stamping. My wife is still in India, hence she has get her H4 stamping done at Chennai. In such a case should I get two employment letters from my company HR, one addressing the US Consulate at Montreal and the other to the US Consulate at Chennai. In that case what should the letter to the Chennai consulate say??

Thanks,
Sudhin.

2 letters better than one..

Address the Vice-consul, consul general or visa officer in both cases. In your spouse\'s support letter ,
You can start out with a para by describing who is this applicant(stating the spouse\'s relationship with you, your name, your status) Next para can be about your employment details. Last para - a request to approve the H4 visa so that your spouse can join you..

Question on H1 activation for H4 application

I just got my status changed from F-1 to H1-B, and my wife will apply for H4 in Beijing, China. I was told that before she is able to apply for H4, I will need to exit U.S. and get a H1-B visa (a stamp) in a third country to activate my H1-B status. I am wondering if that is true?

It sounds to me that your wife got her H4 before you got your H1 stamped in Montreal. If that is the case, I will not have to go there just for stamp. Can you please confirm with me? thanks.

Victor