Emergency Visa Appointment at chennai

sp29201

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
Did any one used the emergency visa appointment facilty availble at chennai.
My wife broker her wrist which requires a surgery and a 3-6 months of healing time. it was unexpected and we are trying to bring my mother-in-law to help us during this time.
I checked chennai visa appointment availabilty and nothing is available in near future. I have doctors cert describing the need for family assistance during this time.
Did any one succeed in getting visa appointment in this situation? if so please let me know.
thanks,
sp29201

Sorry to hear this. But it may not be a good idea to apply for tourist visa with the intent of helping with medical situation. Don't ask me why, I have no idea where these idiotic ways of visa guidelines come from.

But if you look on these portals, if people give reasons other than "visit family and tourism", they may have trouble getting a B-visa. If this is her parent(s) first time stamping, you should do it carefully, as a rejection will mean major trouble for all future visa applications.

Best bet would be to somehow get a visa appointment by regular means, and apply for "tourism and meeting family" purposes. Do not speak about helping / surgery etc either at consulate or at port of entry.

This is my feeling only. You should do more research on this topic and come to a decision by yourself.

~T

thanks

hi talkative,
thanks for your reply. I have emailed Chennai cons office and waiting for their reply. will update when i hear some thing back from them.
thanks,
Sp29201

talkative said:
Sorry to hear this. But it may not be a good idea to apply for tourist visa with the intent of helping with medical situation. Don't ask me why, (obiviously your in laws taking away a job from an healthcare worker in US temporarily) I have no idea where these idiotic ways of visa guidelines come from.

But if you look on these portals, if people give reasons other than "visit family and tourism", they may have trouble getting a B-visa. If this is her parent(s) first time stamping, you should do it carefully, as a rejection will mean major trouble for all future visa applications.

Best bet would be to somehow get a visa appointment by regular means, and apply for "tourism and meeting family" purposes. Do not speak about helping / surgery etc either at consulate or at port of entry.

This is my feeling only. You should do more research on this topic and come to a decision by yourself.

~T