Emergency travel-awaiting AP

xcom

Registered Users (C)
I applied for AP with AOS 30 days ago (TSC) and I need to travel to India urgently. Whay docs to take to Atlanta office to get one?
Thanks .

docs explaining and substantiating emergency! apart from AP receipt number and 485 receipt copy.

When I apply for emergency AP while my AP application is pending, do I need to pay the fees again ? Do I need to fill in application again ?

Thanks for the response.

If you are en employment based category, then you don't qualify to apply at the local office, I tried to renew my AP at Chicago, I had a medical Report about my Dad sickness, a letter from my employer a travel ticket and everything that they could possibly ask for, after waiting online, they told me that They can not issue emergency travel document for Employment BAsed Adjustees. Sorry to tell you this news, I just did not want you to waist your time, I think you should call them and ask in details. because when I called, the told me that they do accept such an application, but when I went there it was a hole different story.

Good luck Mukaddas

I am on H1. But my visa expired this year. If I need to use H1, I need to apply for a visa in India or Canda.

Anyway I had some good news today. I went to Newark office and I got my Advance Parole in 6 hours.

Thanks for everyone for helping me out. Special thanks to toSamir who been to Newark before.

Travel on H-1/ AP

Has anybody got early AP or iEAD from Atlanta? What if a valid H-1 but employer is changed. Can you travel with original old valid H1 visa and new receipt notice copy of the H-1 as not yet approved. Thanks.

guys

I called the IIO and he told me some thing that gave me hope, this is my details again

I'm from Jordan, I applied to renew my AP on 09-19-2002 and until now it is not approved, I applied for my i-485 on 10-29-2001 and that one is not apporved either. When I called the IIO the following took place.

Me: Hi i'm concerned about my AP Visa , it is taking almost 7 months so far, how long more do I have to wait? I know I'm from a middle eastern Country, can you tell me if I'm still going through Security Background check.?

IIO: Yes, this is the reason why your Application was Held Up. Please note that he said was and not is.

Me: Can you please tel me how long more I have to wait
IIO: all that has been changed, call us back in 3 to 5 days.

Me: what you mean changed, did you finish working on the security check on my case, or the Change applies to all applicant
IIO: just feel free to call us in 3 to 5 days, you should not do anything to expedite it.

I'm really confused about his way of answering my questions. CAn you guys all call the IIO and see what they are telling you, so that we can compare notes. I did contact a congressman and also went through an Immigration officer from the Chicago Office who happend to know a friend of mine, and he was looking into my case, but he never got back to me, so I'm note sure what's going on, if the law has changed, or something specific about my case has changes. This is the first time an officer actually ask me to call back so soon.

Please call in the IIO and let's compare notes.

thanks guys!!!!