Emergency Help

Innocent_H1B

I have been cheated and fraudulently got arrested by my employer in Virginia. I was charged with 3 count of Felony for stealing office property. I am innocent my employer did this to avoid paying me my outstanding salary and incentive. I have been offered following by my attorney though DA:
1. I plea guilt and take SIS for trespass.
2. I plea guilt for misdemeanor Trespass (No SIS).
3. I go for trial.
Despite being innocent I agreed to SIS but later my attorney suggested that DA is not agreeing for SIS. DA wants Please guilty with No SIS. Now I have option 2 or option 3.
My Questions:
1. How “Misdemeanor Trespass” may impact my Immigration?
2. If I go for trial and found guilty (Larcenies), under what conditions I will be deported and what is the process for that.
Need not to say I am consulting attorneys. I need some info from this forum as I have seen some of member have/had similar situations. You can email me directly jaychawala-AT-gmail-DOT-com.

I am available on Gtalk - jaychawala

Trespass is not a CIMT, any theft is a CIMT. CIMT's can be deportable. You would seem to have bigger problems than this minor criminal issue, you lose status when you lose your job.

Crime Involving Moral Turptitude (CIMT)

For immigration purposes SIS is considered a conviction even after you successfully complete your probation.

Last edited by a moderator: