Emergency AP

Nipster

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

My H1-B visa stamp expired last month. However, I have received my next H1-B approval (I-797). I'm also pending in the 485 stage with an EAD (although I'm not using the EAD).

I have applied for the AP and its been about 3 months...still have not received the AP approval.

I have to travel out of the US on business so I was thinking of going to Toronto to get my US visa stamp renewed so that I can enter the country without a problem after my business trip.

However, if for some reason I get rejected at my visa renewal appointment in Toronto....just so that I don't have to go home, I'm interested in visiting the local INS office and getting an emergency AP issued.

Do you think this will work for me to re-enter to the States via the Canadian border?

Thanks
Nipster

Last edited by a moderator:
One more question

Jaxen,

Thanks for the reply. One more question....

Do you think the local INS office will issue an emergency AP for business travel?

Regards
Nipster

Emergency AP at local INS

Applied for AP 9/25/03 at VSC.
Fedex tracking shows that it was delivered on 9/26/03 at 11:30am.

Waiting for Receipt notice. But, I am a little worried as several forums on this site have posts where the Receipt notice took weeks.

I need to travel for family medical emergency reasons. I do have some medical reports as well for what its worth as faxes from back home are not that clear.

Need advise on what I should/can do to expedite the entire process.

1. On average, how long does it take for Receipt notice from VSC to arrive?

2. Even if I do get the receipt notice in an acceptable timeframe, does Boston INS office grant emergency AP? Anyone any experiences on that?

3. If I don't get receipt notice for say a week, will they accept Fedex receipt and tracking details on their website as proof?:confused: