Email from USCIS what is this ?

NIW485waiter said:
Nobody know how CIS works.
here is my case:

Change of address -->May 1, 2005, LUD for Primary(P) and Spouse(S), P's status changed to "we responsed your inquiry.....", S's status kept same. No email for P nor S.

Approval email-->9.28.05, LUD changed for P and S, Email received for P and S, Status changed to " This case has been approved. On September 28, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address."

Almost 14 days now, no mail, called USCIS, they let me wait 30 days.

Oct 11, 2005, LUD for S, Email for S, status changed to" he document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued." Primary received nothing, nor LUD changed.

Still don't know when I can receive real approval notice. USCIS alrways do crazy things.

That is indeed weird. This posting is good enough to bring shiver to newly approved people. I too changed my address through lawyer around June end but message didn’t change at all. I validated my new address with Div XII after 15 days and got reply saying my records are updated. All I got was a new LUD each time but message never change (in fact no message change in last 1.5 years). Finally I was approved on Sept 29 and message changed on 30th and got email from CIS. Got my approval letter on Oct 3rd and my lawyer received the similar letter on Oct 6th

NIW485waiter, Please check your address change by DIV XII and check with your lawyer too if you have one. My fear is that your approval letter must have landed to your old address and usually such letters never get redirected and returns to sender.

more weired thing happened just now

Just recved two new emails from USCIS-CSSO and one email from CRIS for same content for me (primary applicant). LUD change for primary and spouse.

"On October 12, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

AM I approved or not? :( .

I received FP3 notice on Sept 26, 2005 and done FP on Sept 28, 2005. After FP done, I received approval email from CRIS(lots of people believed email from CSSO meant status updated and from CRIS meant approval). So far , 14 days past, I didn't receive any paper notice.

Lingeron: I called USCIS yesterday and they confirmed with me that my address is correct. I don't have lawyer and I changed address on April.

Now I am hoping the best, they will send GC directly to me since I already done FP3 and got approval. If not, I will be stuck by retrogression.

I had that feeling before, I applied EAD for me and my wife, My wife received approval notice and then EAD card. LUD changed/Email sent both time. I never received any approval notice for EAD or email but suddenly I received an email said they ordered me a card and I got EAD card week later. Again, nobody knows how they works.

Anybody had similar experience?

NIWWaiter

I also received similar e-mail (LUD change also) yesterday
"On October 12, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

By the way I did biometrics on Oct 6. However I am affected by retrogression (EB2, NIW)..So I don't know aht they are going to do.

kesab said:
I also received similar e-mail (LUD change also) yesterday

By the way I did biometrics on Oct 6. However I am affected by retrogression (EB2, NIW)..So I don't know aht they are going to do.

Kesab,

Was your biometrics code 2 or code 3? What was your status message before the above one?

JRoder. my Bimetrics code was 3 for me and wife, and 2 for daughter. Before this message it was just the regular message "Your I-485 has been received ..blah blah". THis news message is now only for me and wife. My daughter still has the same (she is minor though)..

kesab said:
JRoder. my Bimetrics code was 3 for me and wife, and 2 for daughter. Before this message it was just the regular message "Your I-485 has been received ..blah blah". THis news message is now only for me and wife. My daughter still has the same (she is minor though)..

We received emails on Oct 11 with status messages changed to "On Octorber 11, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

Biometrics code 3 appointment notice was received on Sep. 26 with appointment on Oct 12. We did FP as scheduled yesterday. Got LUD 10/12 with no message change, still same as above.

It is interesting to see what they mailed to us and what's going to happen next.

Wish you the best too.

It's interesting to know that approval letter will be mailed before the finger printing.. Well you never know. All on USCIS's and/or God's wish!!! Best of luck. Please keep us posted. U can email or private message to me too.

kesab said:
It's interesting to know that approval letter will be mailed before the finger printing.. Well you never know. All on USCIS's and/or God's wish!!! Best of luck. Please keep us posted. U can email or private message to me too.

Well, we did our first Finger Print back in November 2004. This is our second one. I am eager to see what's in the mail too. Will keep you updated..

We are in the same boat too. Did our Bio 3 on sep. Saw LUD change a couple of times. Received email from uscis stating that document mailed to us got returned to them. It was same bio appt letter that was sent to law office(they have changed to new address.). Lud again changed on oct 5th stating we have sent document based on approval or registration directly to you. So we are waiting for that mail , I dont know what that mail would be.
EB3 PD jan 2003. Meanwhile we received the bio appt letter(to our home address) that was sent to law office and returned to uscis.

Code 3 Biometrics

Got my code 3 done today. It looks like that was what the message was all abt. Too bad...the way it was worded, it sounded like my 485 was approved. :(

can you tell us what is the message

stalwart,

can you share the message you recieved in the email?

thanks
kar123

I got your message

stalwart,

I got your message from your earlier post.

so when did you receive the FP notice?

Received change of address mails

Guys finally it was a false alarm, i received 2 mails from USCIS acknowledgin the change of address, so i am guessing this LUD change was wrt to change of address

My wait continues.
Good luck to all of us

In my case I didn't do change of address.

I got the email 3 days after my finger printings done? So logic tells it is not related to address change or CIS mailing FP notice as mentioned by stalwart

Hope so :)

kar123 said:
In my case I didn't do change of address.

I got the email 3 days after my finger printings done? So logic tells it is not related to address change or CIS mailing FP notice as mentioned by stalwart

Hope so :)

Same as you. I didn't file change of address but received the same email. Moreover, I got the email even before Code3 was done.

Code3 notice dated 9/22/2005
Email received 10/11/2005
Code3 done 10/12/2005
485 LUD 10/11/2005, 10/12/2005, 10/13/2005. Same message "the document we made based on...."

Kar123, let us know once you receive the mail.

same with me

Mine is almost same as your case.

code 3 notice dated 9/22/2005
code 3 done 10/07/2005
email received 10/12/2005
485 LUD 10/07(no change in message), 10/11/2005(no change in message), 10/12/2005, 10/13/2005. same message "the document we made based on...."

even my I140 LUD changed(10/13) with no message change. (My 140 is approved a month back)

EAD LUD also changed (10/13) with no message change.

???

kar123

Hi Folks,

Can anybody suggest what is this Code 3 FP. I am aware FP is acronym to Finger Printing. Did not understand Code 3 FP. My case details as follows:

PD sometime 2000
I-140 AD sometime 2001
I-485 RD 12/2004
1st FP 01/2005
EAD obtained for primary 03/2005
Interview in 04/2005
RFE on I-485 04/2005
Replied to RFE 07/2005
Current Status: email from local CIS office says case pending FBI background check.

Any suggestions how to expedite FBI background check? Wrote two emails to FBI at fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov. But no reponse yet.
Waiting for the magical email or communication from CIS.

Thanks

JRider2004 said:
Same as you. I didn't file change of address but received the same email. Moreover, I got the email even before Code3 was done.

Code3 notice dated 9/22/2005
Email received 10/11/2005
Code3 done 10/12/2005
485 LUD 10/11/2005, 10/12/2005, 10/13/2005. Same message "the document we made based on...."

Kar123, let us know once you receive the mail.

Good luck!

Kar123,

I should be receiving the mails over the weekend or early next week. I will post here once I receive them.

Good luck!

Aukumar,

Code 1: Fingerprints

Code 2: Photo

Code 3: index finger, prints of 4 fingers of both hands taken in a set of two fingers on each side (excluding the thumb), signature, Fingerprints of each individual finger (10 in all) and photo

Lots of people received biometrics notice before Oct 1 with either code 2 or code 3. You can read some other posts here to get additional details

aukumar said:
Hi Folks,

Can anybody suggest what is this Code 3 FP. I am aware FP is acronym to Finger Printing. Did not understand Code 3 FP. My case details as follows:

PD sometime 2000
I-140 AD sometime 2001
I-485 RD 12/2004
1st FP 01/2005
EAD obtained for primary 03/2005
Interview in 04/2005
RFE on I-485 04/2005
Replied to RFE 07/2005
Current Status: email from local CIS office says case pending FBI background check.

Any suggestions how to expedite FBI background check? Wrote two emails to FBI at fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov. But no reponse yet.
Waiting for the magical email or communication from CIS.

Thanks

lingeron said:
That is indeed weird. This posting is good enough to bring shiver to newly approved people. I too changed my address through lawyer around June end but message didn’t change at all. I validated my new address with Div XII after 15 days and got reply saying my records are updated. All I got was a new LUD each time but message never change (in fact no message change in last 1.5 years). Finally I was approved on Sept 29 and message changed on 30th and got email from CIS. Got my approval letter on Oct 3rd and my lawyer received the similar letter on Oct 6th

NIW485waiter, Please check your address change by DIV XII and check with your lawyer too if you have one. My fear is that your approval letter must have landed to your old address and usually such letters never get redirected and returns to sender.

Lingeron,
what was the message you recieved in Email when you got approved?