Email from US Consulate in New Delhi to check visa status (h1b)

nick_fun7921

Hi,

I received an email this morning from an intern at US Consulate in New Delhi.

Please suggest why did i receive this email. I am a little worried.

Here it is:

Dear Mrs. XXXXXXX

I am an intern in the Consular Section at the American Embassy in New Delhi. I am currently doing a follow up on your visa status. In your interview, you stated that you were working with XXXX as a XXXX. Are you still maintaining this position? Please respond as soon as possible.

Thank you.
XXXXXXX
Consular Section
American Embassy in New Delhi

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I received an email this morning from an intern at US Consulate in New Delhi.

Please suggest why did i receive this email. I am a little worried as I was jobless for sometime last year and my returns were very low.

Here it is:

Dear Mrs. XXXXXXX

I am an intern in the Consular Section at the American Embassy in New Delhi. I am currently doing a follow up on your visa status. In your interview, you stated that you were working with XXXX as a XXXX. Are you still maintaining this position? Please respond as soon as possible.

Thank you.
XXXXXXX
Consular Section
American Embassy in New Delhi

How the US embassy Delhi got your Email? Why some intern should be writing email to you.
Do you think the email is really from US embassy?
Check the email address if it is really from US embassy Delhi.

Any news on the email?

Did anyone got any response on the email? I sent the reply, I did not get any response yet.

I also received the same email and I responded to them. I haven't received they reply again. I do not have any issues with my job and Tax returns and wondering what is the reason for this email...any suggestions.

Please keep the forum posted on any reply you receive/received from them.

Also if anyone checked with US Consulate by calling them, please update as well

Appreciate all for contributing, and helping each other.

THANKS!!!

I sent an email to the VFS office in New Delhi and got a response from them indicating that they forwarded my email to concerned dept in the U.S. Embassy. I'll update this post as soon as I receive any response.