• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

EDV while in Stem OPT

Jessica98

I recently got selected for EDV2024 and I am in STEM OPT , residing in Texas. I applied EDV as single but now i am planning to get married with my boyfriend and apply together. He is also in STEM OPT . What is the process for this? Has anyone ever done this kind of processing while in US.

Yes, it’s been done before, the process of applying from the US is called AOS (Adjustment of Status). You and your soon to be spouse’s eligibility to process AOS depends on your DV CN and current status in the US (when it expires).

I recommend you start by going through the AOS Process Spreadsheet (link to the spreadsheet can be found in the signature section of any of my posts or on the first post on page one of the DV2024 AOS thread). After going through the spreadsheet, you’re encouraged to post your follow up questions on the 2024 AOS thread - we prefer to keep AOS related questions in the same thread.