Education evaluation..

us11

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am going to file I-140 and 485 concurrently based on a labor substitution. The education qualifications in the labor states that 4 years bachelors degree. My education is three years bachelors degree and 1 1/2 years PG diploma in computer systems. I have an educational evaluation form (got this from my first US employer), states that my education is equivalent to US bachelors degree.

Can I submit this educational evaluation form when for filing 140 and 485? In future, can I expect any RFE on this issue?

Please help!

Unitednations,

You are really exaggerating the facts. Such thing is dependetn on different process centers. Plus his stuff is combination of degrees NOT combination of work expereince and degrees.

US11, which center are you in? If you are in NSC, you MIGHT have problem (just MIGHT). IN any other centers you are finn.

us11,

Can you please post the name of the evaluaton egency which you use/will use to equate your degree to a bachelor's degree? Thanks a lot.

In this education equivalence contest, I have a simple question. In my LC, my lawyer just mentioned "BS in Engineering". He did not mention "equivalent". Is the "BS in Engineering" only specific to degree from US schools?. I have B.Tech degree from Indian university and I have US equivalent educational evaluation for this degree. Is my case ok?. My RIR LC still pending.

I-140 Denial

Hi,

I'm very new to this board. My Labor was approved in
2003. My lawyer mentioned 4 years Bachelor's degree
in 'Any Math or Science or Engg' in Box 14 in ETA-750A. He left blank in box 15.

I have 3 year Bachelor degree in Science and 18 months PG Diploma in Computer Applications.

My I-140 was submitted in Nebraska in Mar 2003 and got RFE on education issue. Then my lawyer sent two evaluations (equivalent to 4 year US Bachelors degree in Computer Science) that does not match with ETA-750A.

My I-140 was denied in Jan 2004 as my education lack
of 4 years bachelors degree in specified field. Then I did evaluation on my own and got 4 years of US Bachelors degree in Mathematics as I did BSc in Math. My Lawyer filed I-140 again in Mar 2004 with this evaluation.

He also filed a backup Labor in Mar 2004 but he mentioned 'N/A' everywhere in Box 14 except 2 years in experience and left blank in Box 15.

I need to know the possibilites of I-140. I spoke to Rajiv
S Khanna and Arron Finkelstein (Sheela Murthy's associate). They said negative.

I also need to know whether my Lawyer filed my backup Labor correctly. Is DOL, Illinoi allows to accept N/A in box 14 in ETA-750A? If DOL will approve this Labor, my I-140 will be OK? Any idea Mr unitednations and allaboutgc ?

My H1B has just a year left. Should I withdraw this Labor
and filed a fresh Labor with propar informations in ETA-750
through different Lawyer?

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated in this regard.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
QUestion:

What do you mean by "Then my great great lawyer sent two evaluations (equivalent to 4 year US Bachelors degree in Computer Science) that does not match with ETA-750A."? Why did not match?

I thought two more evaluations should work.

I am worried ... Please clearify

I work for company COMPANY_A and company COMPANY_B has filed my I140 and I485 on a EB3 substitue labor from Vermont. I am yet to receive the receipt numbers etc.

My education is 12+3 (12 + 3 yrs Bachelor Of Commerce degree from India). I have 10 yrs experience + a lot of computer diplomas and certificates. I had also done education evaluation (conclusion of the evaluation: Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems) and sent evaluation papers along with the application.

What was on the substitue labor:
COLLEGE DEGREE REQUIRED: Bachelors
MAJOR FIELD OF STUDY: (box was empty)
EDUCATION..GRADE SCHOOL: 8
EDUCATION..HIGH SCHOOL: 2
EDUCATION..COLLEGE:4
TRAINING..YEARS: (box was empty)
TRAINING..MOTNHS: (box was empty)
EXPERIENCE..YEARS: 2

What are the chances of rejection of I140? Do you guys see a problem? Please help me understand.

Hi allaboutgc,

Actually my Lawyer mentiond "Any Math or Science or Engg" in Box 14 in my earlier ETA-750A. My Lawyer sent two sets of evaluations.The conclusion of both Evaluations were Bachelors degree in Computer Science that did not match with Box 14 in my earlier ETA-750A I believe.

The NSC denied due to lack of 4 years Bachelor degree in specified field.

Thanks.

gau,

I believe your evaluations do match what was stated on ETA form, i.e., computer science definitely belongs to "Any Science" which is a very broad word.
I would say the denial is due to 3 year degree instead of major mismatch.
I think the lawyer did an ok job, although he could do better (but what else can he do in addition to getting some more evaluations?)

Actually I know a LC can have only experience requirements. So the new LC application should be fine.

What will happen to my case

In my RIR Labor Application
The requirement is as follows.

Grade School - 8
High School - 4
College - 4

College Degree Required - Bachelor
Major Field of Study - Computer Science

I have a Indian B.Sc (Computer Science) 3 years and a M.Sc (Computer Science) 2 years

Service Center California

What will happen to my case?

mmillo said:
In my RIR Labor Application
The requirement is as follows.

Grade School - 8
High School - 4
College - 4

College Degree Required - Bachelor
Major Field of Study - Computer Science

I have a Indian B.Sc (Computer Science) 3 years and a M.Sc (Computer Science) 2 years

Service Center California

What will happen to my case?

I think you will be ok because of your Master.

Hi Unitednations,

Thanks, do you have any info on amend the labor certification? could you please let me know? I believe
that my Labor is still under process in state level. Can
I amend it through different Lawyer?

Please help.

Thanks allaboutgc. I got RFE before the denial of I-140 as follows:

"Please submit an educational evaluation of the beneficiary's academic
credentials only. The evidence must establish that the beneficiary holds
a single foreign degree which is equivalent to 4 year bachelor's degree
in Math, Science or engineering from an accredited institution in the
united states. In accordance with the degree specified on your Form
ETA-750, it would NOT sufficient for the beneficiary to have the equivalent
of such degree THROUGH A COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND TRAINING, NOR DOES YOUR ETA-750 PROVIDE FOR THE ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH DEGREE IN COMPUTER APPLICATIONS, COMPUTER SCIENCE, MIS, etc."

They raised issue on 3 years vs 4 years. They raised issue on subjects as well. It is very very clear. Please also note that they also mentioned that my Lawyer did not mention the acceptance of degree through a combination of education and training.

I believe my Lawyer did two mistakes in ETA-750. He did not mention
the acceptance of degree through a combination of education and training.
Secondly he sent wrong evaluation against RFE.

I don't know what will happen to my 2nd I-140 that using same Labor.
This time we sent two sets of diffrent evaluations (MATH). I believe
NSC will raise issue on 3 year degree vs 4 year degree again.

Thanks.

Hi guys,
I just got RFE on educational evaluation, please which agency do you guys suggest i use .
Thanks.

Help to fix the ETA750

Dear Unitednation, allboutgc, & other Gurus,

After seeing the entire posting in this thread, and lot of RFE/denial due education issues, I am scared now and I want to discuss my case with experts like you guys.

My RIR LC is pending with State workforce agency. Based on current speed, I hope DOL will approve it in JAN/FEB 2005. This is the time DOS may announce cutoff date for EB3 class. Since my LC is in state level, there is a possibility now to amend it if needed to avoid any RFE/denial in I-140 stage.

My LC was filed for an Sr engineer position having requirement of "BS in Engg+6yrs" Exp. Based on this, I was under the assumption that my case will be good for EB2. Some are saying it is not. After seeing lot of postings on EB2 requirements and scary denial on educational mismatch, I have a big two questions. Since much effective wordings are not used in ETA 750, I am confused now.

1. Education requirements on LC and my qualification even for filing EB3 petition.
2. Is my case a comfortable one to file an EB2 petition?

I have a copy of ETA 750 A&B, my educational evaluation and experience certificates. I can send those and discuss the same. Appreciate if any one of you help or suggest me what to do.

My mail ID is nvenus1970@yahoo.com

Thanks

eppo,

please post your own qualification as well as what was stated on the ETA form so that we could give you some suggestions...

gau,

I have a friend whose LC also stated "Science" and he has a computer science degree. He got through his 140. He is not from India though. I was wondering if in India, is there a major called "Science"? I thought "science" is just a general word which will include all the science majors, and of cource computer science. Please let me know and I think I have some more suggestions for you.

Hi,

I have 3 yr degree, B.Sc. + 3 year master degree, MCA (master in computer application)

The following are the lines from my labor certification in respect to minimum requirement.

"Bachelor's or equivalent foreign degree in computer science or other
computer-focused major plus four years experience in offered job or as Systems or Applications Programmer, Software Engineer or related occupation. "

What do you guys think about my case in respect to I-140?

Please do reply!

thanks