• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Education and the requirements

nati332001

Registered Users (C)
Dear all.
I am new to this forum and I feel I am in the right place to ask assistance from you.Please help me

I am a winner of dv2008 and I have been asked to do the interview this month.I am a little confused about my education requirement.

Can you please tell me what it meant when the questions say that you must at least be a highschool complete (12th grade) or have equivalent education .I am asking this because I completed my 12 grade in 2005 but I don't have the state examination results with me (the transcript).I sat for matriculation but left my country before I got the results.I have all my highschool leaving certificates with me including the admission card I sat for matriculation .The other thing is that I am a Second year student in a University in the country I am ,Kenya.Do you think that the interviewer may say I have incomplete documents ? What can I tell ? please give me your suggestions.

Thank you very much

Education system in Eritrea

Hello Nati,
American Embassy in Nairobi is well informed about the education system in Eritrea(11 years in s.school +one year in camp ) and no certificate at all due to military service, so please don't worry for not having 12th grade certificate, but try to bring with you all educational testimonies to the interview.

Good luck
Nakfa/kenya:cool:

From what you are describing, the minimum requirement is high school. The fact that you are in university means that you have more than adequately fulfilled the requirements. I would take anything from University that you might have.

No, the fact you were admitted to the university is not what they want. Then need the document I mentioned.
However, if you graduate from the university and have a diploma, then your Kenyan Certificate of Secondary Education could be waived.

Hello Nati,
American Embassy in Nairobi is well informed about the education system in Eritrea(11 years in s.school +one year in camp ) and no certificate at all due to military service, so please don't worry for not having 12th grade certificate, but try to bring with you all educational testimonies to the interview.

Good luck
Nakfa/kenya:cool:

NAKFA HAWEYHAFTEY
Thank you so much for your advise.
Your advise meant a great relief for me but I have a question for you .You know ,in the first NL ,I had stated that had flagged ''Certificat'' in some of the fields of the form that asked the educational background because you know in all grade 8-11 bajelas it says certificate.Do you think this might affect my application ?
2.Do you think the consul will require my primary school docuemnts as well ?Please advice

Thanks in advance NAKFA

If you graduated from high school in Erithrea, you need to have Eritrean Secondary Education Certificate Examination