Edison and Detroit/MI 485ers

Sorry to butt in once again, but something important you guys need to know:

March is when the primaries begin, and by law there can be no Town Meetings by Congressmen in the two months preceeding the primaries, which means no Town Meetings in January and February. (Atleast that is what Congressman Stark's staff Director told us when we met her on Saturday last).

December is a half dead month in any case, so if you guys plan to make things move, try attending the VERY NEXT town meeting held this year.

Offcourse you can always try and set up an appointment and meet the congressman directly, but that is really hard to do, and it is much easier to make your case in person during a town meeting to the Congressman which gives him/her the incentive to set up a follow up meeting or conference call.

140_takes_4ever,

thanks for butting in:) - I think we'll expedite our process and try to get in for any available townhalls this year itself.

Guys I need your email ids to include you in the MI485 yahoogroups. I have sent out emails/PMs to all in the latest list and yet to get your response, but for Edison. As soon as I get it I'll add you the mailing list. Hopefully we should be able to get together this weekend, so that we get things going pretty quickly.

Need response(emailids) from,
- gc949
- sivam
- aghajan
- detroit485
- rogertt2003
- kilaru
- gvaknin

Thanks,

Guys,

I have already prepared the list of congressmen for MI with their contact nos, office addresses and details.

Still most of the those showed interested have to send me their email ids. I have got only from 4 of you so far.

Please send it out to me, so that we can move quickly and try to get into atleast one of the townhall meetings and get represented.

Meanwhile, 140_takes_4ever from CSC forum is helping us with all the process they did there. I really appreciate that 140. I will be including you also on the yahoogroups. So would be naanshi.

Thanks guys and lets move - shoot me your email ids.

Kilaru,
I want to contact you by e-mail but don't know how!! Tell me please where do we meet and I will come there whenever you tell me. I will stay because of our meeting this weekend and certainly will come wherever/whenever you tell me.

MrCoolz:
As I cannot broadcast my e-mail, Can you please keep me in the loop so I know at least to whom to contact and where to come. This is important.

Kiralu and MrCoolz,
Please respond to this e-mail ASAP!!
thanks,aghajan

Important message to Kiralu and MrCoolz!!

Kilaru and MrCoolz,

I have colected some important documents that prove that the entire process of "name checkning and all other related" processes does not take more than 2 weeks at the MAX!!!! I will bring them with me. These are very credible documents!!!

Let me know about the place and time of our meeting.
thnx,aghajan

Michigan Friends,

Please send Email to MrCoolz for speeding up the whole thing.

Current Michigan List:
1. Edison
2. MrCoolz
3. Gc949
4. Sivam
5. Aghajan
6. Detroit485
7. Rogertt2003
8. kilaru
9. Gvaknin
10.Justin2

Reached Double Digits. Great News!!!!!!!

naanshi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please find attached the letter used by CSC members Please feel free to edit or in anyway modify the document to suit your needs. It is a good starting point for you guys.

I am from Detroit ( RD- Jan 28th 2002).
I am interested in meeting the local congressmen to speed up I-485 process. Please include my name too in your list. I appreciate your initiative.

Send me out your email ids

Hello MI485 Group,

I have received email ids to include you in the MI485 yahoogroups only from Edison, kilaru, gc949.

Rest of you, I am yet to hear from you - most of you I've sent PMs or emailed. Those of you interested to represent the group, please send me a Private Message with your email id.

140_takes_4ever:
Thanks for the 2 wonderful documents you sent across - I will be discussing it during the MI485 meeting this weekend and trim it as per the members suggestions.

aghajan:
you can PM me your email id and I shall include you in the yahoogroups - that way you wont get broadcasted, but still be in the loop.

List for whom we are waiting on email ids,
sivam
aghajan
detroit485
rogertt2003
gvaknin
justin2
abcd140
naanshi-support member*

Meanwhile, - Edison, kilaru & gc949 - let me know of a place we can meet this weekend - I will send out a few suggestions to you today.

Meeting Notice /Details posted on yahoogroups!

Meeting Details and Location for this weekend has been posted to yahoogroups. Those available during this weekend please try to make it.

All users to this Thread - please note that we have posted a new thread exclusively for this initiative after our first meeting. Follow the thread - MI485 group. We are planning to have weekly meetings and any members from MI area are more than welcome to join us.

Thanks

dSatish from the VSC and NJ state group, is planning a group meeting this Saturday, and since the core team is planning to finally hook up on a tele-conference on the same day, the NJ group plans to get on the conference call using one line. It might be worthwhile for the MI state group to get on the same conference call. I know it is at short notice and nothing is finalized as yet but it would be worth it if it pans out.

Here is the link:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?postid=636809#post636809

thanks for the notice 140_takes-4ever,

I shall log into the concall - if anyone else from MI485 group are logging in pls let me know. If not, I shall update the group during our local forum meeting on Sunday.

I think that it is too short a notice for conference call. Let us have that after a week or two. Meanwhile let us concentrate on building the state level teams.
I will try to arrange the conference call for the core team tentatively during the next week-end (Dec'13th). I will provide the details during the next week.

Hi MrCoolz,
We are going to have a conference call on this Saturday (12/8) at 4PM (CST). Please contact Edison for Access number and Pass Code. Hope to see you on Saturday (over phone).