Edison and Detroit/MI 485ers

MrCoolz

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Can we all work something out to go and meet with our local Congressmen/Senators to speed up the NSC 485 process. I guess thats what the CSC guys did and they've got results. Atleast the CIS acknowledges it and says will speed up process.

Edision what do you say? Any other Detroit/ MI 485 filers interested? Let me know and we can get together one of these weekends and go and meet out respective Congressmen /Senators together. I think this should work as it did in CSC.

That is a terrific idea MrCoolz. Not only will your doing so help bring our concerns to the entire Congress, but also it will help process AOS applicants under NSC.

All we can do from CA is cheer you and your friends on. But remember, the campaign starts with one person, (in our case kashmir), and only after he got somewhere did other people get encouraged by his response and start to support the process. I am pleased to inform you that we have over 14 people who will show up for a meeting with Representative Pete Stark on Saturday, up from 1 the first time around. So don't lose heart if you can't motivate people in the first round. You will have to provide the momentum to wash away their inertia! :)

Good luck!

Edison, MrCoolz and Other NSC Gurus,
Any development in this matter? Kindly let us know.

Naanshi.
EB3-RIR NSC
ND: Sept 24, 2003.

Cool!!!!!!!!!

At last some response for NSC members.

MI is the right place for Congress lobby. It is one of the swing state, so politicians concentrate much here. Our new Governor is a Democrat but our prior Governor was a Republican. Even republicans recently lost a senate seat, so both the senators are Democrats. But in the house there are 9 Republican repsentatives and 6 Democrat repsentatives.

naanshi, Edison, gc949

Thanks for the response guys - I see that the group is small as of now, but however as our good friend from CSC has suggested, this will eventually grow as it did in CSC.

Edison's pointers on the Dem/Rep balance in the State is informative and will certainly be useful.

I will send out a list to all 3 of you about a plan to get-together and we can together spell out the sundry list of how to go about this program.

Another suggestion, which came upto my mind this weekend was, lets get the local Liasion of each of our Democrat presidential nominees and meet them as well.

Lets roll and make the change!

MrCoolz,
Thanks for the great job you and Edison are doing for all of us. Thanks gc949 for the support. I am working at Atlanta, GA and I won't be able to attend the meeting in Michigan. Let me know, how I can be useful in this.

Thanks to Our friends at CSC for their valuable advise and great support.

Naanshi.

I am available

MrCoolz,
I am from MI. (RD 06/10/2002).
I am available in Detroit this week.
From next week I am going to NJ on a project.
(I am commuting every other week to MI)
I am ready to participate in you drive as much as I can.

I would greately appreciate your initiative.

Thanks

MrCoolz,

I am from Michigan and Detroit area. My case has been pending form more than 3.5 years now and still waiting. This makes it a very good case to show how NSC is working and typical delays!! I am ready to join you for this meeting and go to Congressman Office (the one you specify). Let me know about that.
aghajan

Current Michigan List:

1. Edison
2. MrCoolz
3. Gc949
4. Sivam
5. Aghajan

Hope this will grow soon.

Thanks,
naanshi.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I might add a few words of wisdom learnt over the past few weeks, in drumming up support for meetings with congressman.

1. It is imperitive that the process be as transparent as possible (you absolutely need the support of your fellow applicants and they will only help if they are involved in decision making process)
2. It is not that people don't want to support such a good cause, it is just that they are lazy, or lack the initiative or desire to support it. (So you must cajole, shame, show the advantages of personal gain to them before they help you)
3. While using pm/emails is good for starting the campagins in the grass roots level, you will have to post a clean new thread with exact details of meeting places, timings and agenda.

Please take a look at this thread for achievements of project Symphony and Ocean.

And as you will find out, being at the forefront of this motion, definitely has personal gain attached to it since Congressmen and their aides get to know you and will follow up with INS just to get you off their backs! :)

Thats a good number to start with - I will be shortly sending messages to all of you seperately and how about having a yahoogroups id for communication. If anyone has other idea let me know. Meanwhile, we can come up with the place to meet as soon as next week. I shall PM all of you(Edison, gc949, sivam, aghajan) tommorrow.

140_takes_4ever - thanks so much for your valuable inputs - we as a group are going to keep coming back to you for ideas to replicate your CSC success here in NSC.

I am in Great Detroit area too. So please include me for the coming meeting with MI senator/congress man.

I have two issues to bring about:

1. I485

2. AP for my wife, has been pending for 5 months.

Let me know when we will meet.

Roger

Great Start NSC!!!!!!!

Current Michigan List:
1. Edison
2. MrCoolz
3. Gc949
4. Sivam
5. Aghajan
6. Detroit485
7. Rogertt2003

naanshi.

Great going MI 485ers!

Current Michigan List:
1. Edison
2. MrCoolz
3. Gc949
4. Sivam
5. Aghajan
6. Detroit485
7. Rogertt2003
8. kilaru

And thanks for the support and encouragement from naanshi!

I've already sent PMs and emails to most of you yesterday - will do for the rest of you guys today to include you in the Yahoogroups.

MrCoolz,
After finalising the Date and Time with our NSC group, if possibe, Please post all the details here. It would be helpful to the people from MI/Detroit area, who decide to attend the meeting in the last minute.

Current Michigan List:
1. Edison
2. MrCoolz
3. Gc949
4. Sivam
5. Aghajan
6. Detroit485
7. Rogertt2003
8. kilaru
9. Gvaknin

naanshi.

All MI volunteers please update your Congressional district. So that we plan to attend the town hall meeting of our Representative.