• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

economical situation in USA

Thank you for sharing useful information. Government employment fell by 208,000 in June, driven by the loss of 225,000 temporary workers hired for Census 2010. Employment in both state and local governments was little changed over the month.In June, the average workweek for all employees on private nonfarm pay-rolls decreased by 0.1 hour to 34.1 hours. The manufacturing workweek
for all employees decreased by 0.5 hour to 40.0 hours; this followed an increase of 0.4 hour in May. The average workweek for production and nonsupervisory employees on private nonfarm payrolls was unchanged at 33.4 hours in June. Right now the economy is down in USA maybe in future there is chance to climb up.

if employment continue to rise like this it would take 13 YEARS TO GET TO THE SAME LEVEL AS ITS WAS BEFORE THE CRISIS BEGAN IN 2008

All around me people are only hiring over qualified employees for minimum wages. Others have either be layed of or have received pay cuts.

This is not fantasy but the harsh reality of living in the US right now and any one who is claiming this is B.S., just come here and experience it for your self. It isn't the best times right now, but after Nov. it might be slowly, very slowly changing if the spending stops...

Any one with a brain can understand that money you don't have, you can't spent and spending a lot of money is not helping to create jobs....unless you can do that forever without going bankrupt, but that is non sense.

in only couple of years we have seen some all too familiar problems ,so far contained to the rest of the world but now making debut in the US too .....
FIRST IS ANTI IMMIGRANT SENTIMENT (so far contained only to so called illegals but my prediction is that its gonna turn soon enough against anyone who was not born in the US or even WASP).....IMMIGRATION REFORM IS NOT GONNA HAPPEN NOW FOR SURE
SECOND ...FIRST BLACK PREZ LOOSING HIS RATINGS BY DAY ...OR EVEN HOURS ....once cheered as great hope now is widely attacked from all sides losing his political momentum and getting entangle in bitter power struggle in Washington
NEW POLITICAL PARTY - concept -ultra right wing ...GETTING LAUNCHED ACROSS THE NATION GAINING MORE AND MORE GROUND ON ALL THE WRONG IDEAS....
DOUBLE DIP RECESSION SLOWLY BECOMING A FACT ......
UNEMPLOYMENT GETTING FIXED ON DOUBLE DIGITS FOR LONG TIME TO COME
BUDGET DEFICIT...SO HUGE IT WOULD ENVELOP DOMESTIC GP BY THE YEAR 2012-its gonna be bigger then national product of the US by that year

thread would be lost because economy in the US is a lost cause .. so there is nothing to say anymore except that is getting worse by day

It was over-speculation or it is over-speculation on real estate and financial institutions to make higher risk loans over the last twenty years that has caused the current crisis.The private market got in trouble back in the twenties and government got us out. Now the government got us into the problem and the government is gonna get us out.

you actually remember 20s ???:D
nobody is "getting us out"..system is spent .. there is no money or energy or will if you like for such thing ..ON TOP OF IT ...THERE IS NO FRESH IDEAS ;;;PERIOD

@ cheap amber
Sure its not that bad (?!?) Its just that we are living in the 2000's not 80s.
Globalization has changed the world For example, in the 80s manufacturing represented more than 40% of the american economy. Today manufacturing is at LESS than 3%. Also, in previous recessions the housing market helped to improve and heal the economy (7 out of 8times). Its different this time as we can see the housing market is simply not reacting.
I am also an immigrant and If it werent for the "american way of life" that I love so much Id be at least 5x better off (financially) if I was living/working in my country of origin.
I guess everyone has different priorities in life...

@ cheap amber
Sure its not that bad (?!?) Its just that we are living in the 2000's not 80s.
Globalization has changed the world For example, in the 80s manufacturing represented more than 40% of the american economy. Today manufacturing is at LESS than 3%. Also, in previous recessions the housing market helped to improve and heal the economy (7 out of 8times). Its different this time as we can see the housing market is simply not reacting.
I am also an immigrant and If it werent for the "american way of life" that I love so much Id be at least 5x better off (financially) if I was living/working in my country of origin.
I guess everyone has different priorities in life...

globalization has not changed the world but has changed USA ...for the worst !!
if you like it in the US for some reason I understand that ... you have a plenty of good stuff here... say good AMERICAN food (hot dogs and pizza and tacos ..OK NONE OF THOSE IS ACTUALY AMERICAN but hey ...)....or cars (German mostly but hey ...!!) ...wodeen houses infested by mold (like playing those when I was a kid back home ... had a woode shack in my yard ).....high fashion items (hm... mostly French and ITALIAN made but... AGAIN HEY !!)... cheap laptops (hm ...CHINESE MADE )....and so on and on and on..
;;; But as I said many times before .. life is too short for that kind of experiments ...IN THE USA ONLY RELIGION IS ...MONEY AND THAT IS THE ONLY REASON WHY THIS COUNTRY EXISTS ... hell it become a "nation" because some people DID NOT WANT TO PAY TAXES TO ENGLISH KING ;;;how crazy is that ???..... never heard of such thing in the history of the man kind so far ....I know nations stood up because they wanted to preserve their culture or freedom or religion or defending themselves from lunatic dictators trying to take the world and exterminate whole races ... BUT HIGH TAXES ...COME ONE ...????ITS A JOKE !!...funny thing is that they even did not pay that much ... actually taxes in AMERICAN COLONIES where lower then taxes PAID BY ENGLISH SUBJECTS IN ENGLAND AT THE SAME TIME!!!

ANYWAY THE MONEY IS GONE HERE SO THERE IS NOTHING LEFT ANYMORE ...JUST EMPTINESS .....IN PEOPLE AND SYSTEM..NOBODY HAS ANY IDEAS ANYMORE ..EXCEPT PRESS WHICH IS RELENTLESSLY PUSHING THAT MANTRA OF "LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNEL" OR "JOBLESS RECOVERY"..SORRY TO SAY BUT THIS IS NEW REALITY ...UNEMPLOYMENT AROUND 14%("OFFICIAL" FIGURE IS AROUND 10 BUT ITS MORE THEN CLEAR THAT 15% IS MORE "REAL" NUMBER)AND GBP GROWTH OF SAY 0.2% PER YEAR FOR NEXT DECADE OR SO ....
ALL THINGS ASIDE ... even president of this great country has given up on it ..I THINK OBAMA TOOK ABOUT ALMOST 3 MONTHS OF "VACATIONS" SO FAR THIS YEAR !!!.....he just does not care anymore !!!
HE KNOW THAT THE SITUATION IS GONE DOWNHILL SO MUCH THAT NOTHING CAN NOT BE DONE ..SO HE DECIDED TO HAVE SOME "GOOD TIMES " FOR THE REST OF HIS TERM....;).....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks bmx, at least I am from Jordan so I will go to the Us without thinking loool. or do you think Jordan also better than US? any way I am glde to have you in Jordan you will enjoy it really