• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

economical situation in USA

BIG DIFFERENCE - IN 80s YOU HAD INDUSTRIES WHO COULD ABSORB UN-EMPLOYED QUICKLY - TODAY THEY ARE GONE ...DOOM MONGERING OR NOT THAT IS THE FACT - THERE IS NO JOBS OPENING IN SUCH NUMBERS TO OFFSET THE CRISIS WITH UN- EMPLOYMENT AT THIS TIME ..SALARIES ARE GONE DOWN BUT LIFE EXPENSES ARE GONE UP ... 80s ECONOMY IS LONG GONE ..10% UN - EMPLOYED IS HUGE BECAUSE YOU HAVE ANOTHER 8-10 % ON TOP OF IT - THOSE ARE THE WORKERS WHO ARE WORKING PART TIME JOBS GETTING PAID NEXT TO NOTHING .....SCARY ...IN NO OTHER DEVELOPED NATION YOU DON'T HAVE SUCH BLEAK SITUATION ...AND ALL THAT WITHOUT COMPREHENSIVE SOCIAL POLICY ,HEALTH CARE , SOCIAL SECURITY AND PENSION FUNDS TO FOLLOW THAT OR AT LEAST TRY TO REMEDY THE PROBLEM FOR PEOPLE WITH NO INCOME OR LOW INCOME .......NOW THAT'S EVEN MORE SCARIER .....
JUST TO COMPARE THE SITUATION WITH MY NATIVE COUNTRY ( CZECH REPUBLIC ) ...WHERE ECONOMY IS STILL GOING UP FOR ABOUT 2% EVEN NOW IN THE CASE OF ECONOMIC CRISIS AND UN-EMPLOYMENT IS AROUND 7% WITH HUGE NUMBER OF DIFFERENT PROGRAMS IN PLACE TO SUPPORT PEOPLE IN NEEDS OR LOW INCOME ...AND MY COUNTRY WAS ALMOST DESTROYED BY COMMUNISM ONLY 2 DECADES AGO

Last edited by a moderator:
BIG DIFFERENCE - IN 80s YOU HAD INDUSTRIES WHO COULD ABSORB UN-EMPLOYED QUICKLY - TODAY THEY ARE GONE ...DOOM MONGERING OR NOT THAT IS THE FACT - THERE IS NO JOBS OPENING IN SUCH NUMBERS TO OFFSET THE CRISIS WITH UN- EMPLOYMENT AT THIS TIME ..SALARIES ARE GONE DOWN BUT LIFE EXPENSES ARE GONE UP ... 80s ECONOMY IS LONG GONE ..10% UN - EMPLOYED IS HUGE BECAUSE YOU HAVE ANOTHER 8-10 % ON TOP OF IT - THOSE ARE THE WORKERS WHO ARE WORKING PART TIME JOBS GETTING PAID NEXT TO NOTHING .....SCARY ...IN NO OTHER DEVELOPED NATION YOU DON'T HAVE SUCH BLEAK SITUATION ...AND ALL THAT WITHOUT COMPREHENSIVE SOCIAL POLICY ,HEALTH CARE , SOCIAL SECURITY AND PENSION FUNDS TO FOLLOW THAT OR AT LEAST TRY TO REMEDY THE PROBLEM FOR PEOPLE WITH NO INCOME OR LOW INCOME .......NOW THAT'S EVEN MORE SCARIER .....
JUST TO COMPARE THE SITUATION WITH MY NATIVE COUNTRY ( CZECH REPUBLIC ) ...WHERE ECONOMY IS STILL GOING UP FOR ABOUT 2% EVEN NOW IN THE CASE OF ECONOMIC CRISIS AND UN-EMPLOYMENT IS AROUND 7% WITH HUGE NUMBER OF DIFFERENT PROGRAMS IN PLACE TO SUPPORT PEOPLE IN NEEDS OR LOW INCOME ...AND MY COUNTRY WAS ALMOST DESTROYED BY COMMUNISM ONLY 2 DECADES AGO

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!

on a more serious note: so what do you think is going to happen to USA? and what solutions do you see to this problem?

we are all going to die!!!!!!!

On a more serious note: So what do you think is going to happen to usa? And what solutions do you see to this problem?

:) I think a lot depends on the area and your field of expertise. I'm in California and overall unemployment numbers are still high but see a lot more job postings appearing and certain industries are starting to recover. Florida and Michigan still seem to be in bad shape though.

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!

on a more serious note: so what do you think is going to happen to USA? and what solutions do you see to this problem?[/QUOT

well I can tell you what I'm doing - saving very penny and shifting my savings back home (I keep never more then 100 dollars in US banks - I don't trust them)- I don't have long term plans to stay in the US and for sure I'm not gonna apply for credit cars or home loans or to buy some fancy car in the future etc. I'm cutting my spending on everything ... buying back home some goods ( cheap electronics) etc and bringing them over to the USA every chance I have ;

Can anyone tell me what the chances are for system engineer with a bachelor degree? Are jobs in IT okay at the moment or still bad?

Thank you for any information :)

Can anyone tell me what the chances are for system engineer with a bachelor degree? Are jobs in IT okay at the moment or still bad?

Thank you for any information :)

The IT industries are going good .The industrial Midwest takes into account the problems in the auto industry, and the relative success of the technology industry is reflected in forecasts for California's Bay Area and Boston.

IT Its still holding on but salries went down on average 30-40% since say peak days of 2000-2004 - some of my friend are IT (India ) and they had their pay checks slashed for about 30%in the last few years - lots of out sourcing is going on so your best "American job" is probably back in your country

economy is entering new circle of crisis ...employment is down (hiring) after only few good months ...so prospects are bleak ...its looks like Japanese prolonged economic crisis of 90s (they got stuck in recession for almost 11 years !!! ...and that society is far more organized and motivated then US society !!- bear that in mind ),simply the money has run out .....party is over ...

I brought with me a lots of money in order to invest in business ... and I did.. but I struggle to recover my investment for 3 years now - at this rate I will recover maybe in another 5 years which is a lot of time ...that is the reason I'm staying ...I'm stuck ! but if is not for that I would be long gone ...back to Europe

It depends upon how much we earn and how much we spend....There are few people who would save money and bring it back to their own country and they will start a new business like kolja.....There are few who freak out and spend money like water will be into the problem.

my experience of investing in this country (USA) is NOT A GOOD ONE so I would NOT recommend that to anyone ...

my experience of investing in this country (USA) is NOT A GOOD ONE so I would NOT recommend that to anyone ...

kolja,

Any thing you do in life is a risk, you took a risk in business and fail doesn't mean other people will take the the same risk in business and fail too.

I do not believe in scaring people, however one needs to be very careful and patience when venturing into a business.

yes, yes! He should open a vuvuzela factory!

dude did you come out of school that stupid or you become one by falling on your head ...please do not post any more ..you come off as a total idiot ( sorry to say that )

dude did you come out of school that stupid or you become one by falling on your head ...please do not post any more ..you come off as a total idiot ( sorry to say that )

bmx88, you have to get up on a chair to kiss my ***, in terms of intellect : )

bmx88, you have to get up on a chair to kiss my ***, in terms of intellect : )

CHEAP AMBER I also have to say that your posts are bit "strange" to say at least ...about my investments here in the USA ...WHY WOULD I GO TO SOUTH AFRICA ??? what SOUTH AFRICA HAS TO DO WITH THIS FORUM AND MY BUSINESS PROBLEM ..???? some really strange comments here really ... I remember the time when in my country some stupid people would say things like ..GO TO AFRICA IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT HERE OR LEAVE AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT ETC and then the whole system collapsed (Communist system that is )... its a certain state of mind where you feel uneasy and you know something bad is happening but you have no influence on those things and then someone comes along and points out the problem(s) and he is suddenly perceived as trouble maker or scaremonger but actually he is in the same boat as you just he is more critical of the (economic ) situation....and open ...but that is the nature of humans .. to put the head in the send and to be blind if they choose just to keep inner peace and hope which is fading fast I should say
I lost all enthusiasm for his country within 3 years of coming here ...its just too rough
my business got on the good even very promising start only to be bogged down by banks squeeze on one side and non paying customers and partners on the other side
you have no idea how difficult that situation is and wide spread ... about 90 % of the small business like mine are having the same problems ...for example 2 of the co -partners of my company went bankrupt within 6 months and they OWE ME ABOUT 80 000 DOLLARS which I would never see ...
thousands of small companies go under every day and they are making huge "holes" of debt and pulling down even more companies like mine is ...its a domino effect which nobody knows when is gonna end ... but when it ends this country is gonna b facing even more debt then now probably trillions of dollars in lost revenue and god knows what ....No country can endure that ...so you wonder .... how long agony is gonna last ..???

CHEAP AMBER I also have to say that your posts are bit "strange" to say at least ...about my investments here in the USA ...WHY WOULD I GO TO SOUTH AFRICA ??? what SOUTH AFRICA HAS TO DO WITH THIS FORUM AND MY BUSINESS PROBLEM ..???? some really strange comments here really ... I remember the time when in my country some stupid people would say things like ..GO TO AFRICA IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT HERE OR LEAVE AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT ETC and then the whole system collapsed (Communist system that is )... its a certain state of mind where you feel uneasy and you know something bad is happening but you have no influence on those things and then someone comes along and points out the problem(s) and he is suddenly perceived as trouble maker or scaremonger but actually he is in the same boat as you just he is more critical of the (economic ) situation....and open ...but that is the nature of humans .. to put the head in the send and to be blind if they choose just to keep inner peace and hope which is fading fast I should say
I lost all enthusiasm for his country within 3 years of coming here ...its just too rough
my business got on the good even very promising start only to be bogged down by banks squeeze on one side and non paying customers and partners on the other side
you have no idea how difficult that situation is and wide spread ... about 90 % of the small business like mine are having the same problems ...for example 2 of the co -partners of my company went bankrupt within 6 months and they OWE ME ABOUT 80 000 DOLLARS which I would never see ...
thousands of small companies go under every day and they are making huge "holes" of debt and pulling down even more companies like mine is ...its a domino effect which nobody knows when is gonna end ... but when it ends this country is gonna b facing even more debt then now probably trillions of dollars in lost revenue and god knows what ....No country can endure that ...so you wonder .... how long agony is gonna last ..???

kolja, i was not the one who suggested that you should move to SA. it was firo1234. if anything, i underlined the ludicrousness of the idea by my remark.

i fully agree that US is in a very difficult economic situation. so are it's many residents. we must also remember that so are the millions of people outside of US.

what i disagree with here is that the situation is hopeless and that no one can make a dignified living in US. that's all i'm saying. i don't think US will fall apart like USSR any time soon. bmx, on the other hand, seems to think exactly that. or something very similar.

way too many people here are living really bad ...I see people living in their cars -whole families ... never seen anything like that back home ...seen whole families sleeping on the streets ...etc . some aspect of life here are pretty bad ...once you lose your job you might as well kill yourself or whole family ..