_________
PD June 02
EB3 RIR OH
Retrogression Affected Country
I-140 RD March 03 AD July 2003
I-485 RD March 03
2nd AP approved April 2005
Biometrics code 3: 25th Aug 2005
Online msg only changed after inquiries.

Dates Moved

Even though we are waiting for Oct 1st to find out PD, movement in processing dates for 485 (02/01/2004) gives little happiness.Atleast how ever ND is before that, can initiate inquiry.

GCLover007

I received the code 2 fingerprint notice scheduled for end of september. What does that mean for I-485 process? Well in July I have applied EAD renewal, by mail.
Did that trigger this fingerprint. By going thru the posts found out that different people have different opinion about this.
Anyway another question, can I prepone the date for personal reason?

waitingfor_gc

waitingfor_gc said:
I received the code 2 fingerprint notice scheduled for end of september. What does that mean for I-485 process? Well in July I have applied EAD renewal, by mail.
Did that trigger this fingerprint. By going thru the posts found out that different people have different opinion about this.
Anyway another question, can I prepone the date for personal reason?

Could be possible that your EAD might trigger the FP process. But no one predict about the FP schedule process.

You might try going to the ASC beforehead and ask them to get FP for you. Its all by luck.

GCLover007

Last edited by a moderator:
If you do an E-File for the EAD then you have to as such go for Fingerprinting.
So I am thinking the USCIS may as well trigger the 485 fingerprinting also.

But with the PD being unavailable, i guess its better that the fingerprinting is not triggerred as yet. Otherwise you end up going to fingerprinting every year.

Holding on for a while.... Count me in too!

EB3/IL/IND

Labor Cert PD: June 02
Labor Apprvl: Nov 02
140 and 485 RD: Dec 02 (Concurrent)
140 AD: Apr 03
485 RFE: Dec 04
FP1: Feb 03
FP2: Aug 04
FP3 (Biometrics Code-2): Aug 05

3 EADs and 3 APs so far and counting...

Pd

Guys
On seeing all the replies for this thread, I am thinking that there are no cases from Jan 2002 to Apr 2002 PD left untouched. Mostly I am seeing the cases started stagnated from PD May 2002. From my interpretation and analysing in this small group I think they will go back and set the cut off date to May 01 2002. What do you guys think????

-GCLover007

Was this message online after LUD

BommiDP said:
Can some one tell me what is the meaning of this message

" You case is temporarily stopped as the visa numbers are not available, you case will resume once the VISA numbers are vailable.

PD 12/03/2003 (140 RD I assume is my PD)
FP 11/06/2004
VSC IND EB3 sub labour (7/21/2002 is this my PD --- ?)
140 AD 07/21/2004
VSC IND EB3

EB-3 Visa Number Problem and Likely Relief by Pending Immigration Reform Bills

So far we have reported a depressing EB-3 visa number prediction based on the current immigration law that allocates only 140,000 a year for the employment-based immigrant visas. However, there are two leading immigration reform legislative bills pending in the Senate which are likely to give some relief to the EB-3 backlog problem, should the bills be enacted into law. One is McCain-Kennedy bill, S. 1033, and the other Cornyn-Kyl bill, S.1438. These bills have attracted a lot of attention from the media and public in two respects: Differences in the two bills in the issues of legalization of illegal aliens and the weight of border and enforcement in the nation's immigration policy.

However, from the perspective of the employment-based immigrant community, these two bills will benefit, albeit differently, the EB-3 workers tremendously. The following table compares the current EB visa number allocation system with proposed changes in the allocation system in these two bills:
Current System <==> Cornyn-Kyl bill <==> McCain-Kennedy bill
EB Total Annual Quota 140,000(100%) <==> 190,000(100%) <==> 290,000(100%)
EB-1 28.6% <==> 20.0% <==> 20.0%
EB-2 28.6% <==> 20.0% <==> 20.0%
EB-31 28.6%* <==> 35.0% <==> 35.0%

*Includes EB-3 EW unckillsed other worker upto 10,000

=> Current EB-3 EW Other Workers Included in EB-31 per current system -Current EB 3 EW is reclassified into the new EB-5 preference
=> Current EB-4 (Special Immigrants) 7.1% per current system - Current EB-4 category removed.
=> Current EB-5(Investor) 7.1% per current system - Reclassified into the new EB-4 preference
=> New EB-4(Investor) - 4.0% (Cornyn-Kyl bill); 5.0% (McCain-Kennedy bill) -Formerly EB-5
=> New EB-5(Other Workers) - Upto 36.0% (21.0%) (Cornyn-Kyl bill); Upto 30.0% (20.0%) (McCain-Kennedy bill) - Formerly EB-3 EW Other Workers. Since it is the lowest preference, if EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, and EB-3 use up their numbers, the practical available number would be the figures in the parenthesis.

Under both Cornyn-Kyl bill and McCain-Kenney bill, the big winners will be the current EB-3 workers. For instance, current EB-3 quota, excluding nurses and physical therapists, is approximately 40,000 a year including EB-3 skilled and professional workers and EB-3EW other workers (upto 10,000), but it will increase to 104,000 plus (66,500 EB-3 + 38,000 new EB-5) under Cornyn-Kyl bill, and to 159,000 plus (101,500 EB-3 + 58,000 new EB-5) under McCain-Kennedy bill. Part of this benefit will come from termination of immigration visa lottery, 55,000 (DV Program). Both bills also provide positive recapture of unused numbers in the previous years which will lead to some numbers available for the regular EB-3 workers after taking away 50,000 numbers by the nurses and physical therapists.

When it comes to the specific numbers, the two bills differ to a great extent, but remarkably both bills are committed to reducing the serious EB-3 backlogs under the current immigration quota system. This is a good news.

Source: http://www.immigration-law.com/

So bottomline is, support this bill strongly by sending letter/email/fax or phone call to your Senators/Congressman/President/Committees.

Don't know who is your senators/congressman or what to send? Click here:
http://immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1202739&postcount=183

BOMMIDP

The message that you had in your posting ... regarding waitign for visa numbers? where was that messahe was that in your online status or was the message in the status letter that they have sent you?

Slow

Now Situation slowed little bit for a Bigger Approval storm in Oct.
Keep the finger crossed and lets pray for approvals.

-GCLover007

GCLOVER007 said:
Now Situation slowed little bit for a Bigger Approval storm in Oct.
Keep the finger crossed and lets pray for approvals.

-GCLover007

Which Oct you referring to?
Oct 2005, 2006 or 2007???

Hey Neocor

You wanna hang out and deal with USCIS guys until Oct 2007????
But we want to end this waiting chapter before end of this year (2005). Atleast we can think that we all get the approvals before end of this year.

GCLover007

485_spouse said:
my details in signature

EB3 (India)
PD: 22 Nov 2002
I-140 AD 13 Jan 2004
I-485(self) ND 8 Jun 2004
FP 1 LUD 09/10/2004
I-485(Wife) Unable to apply (retro.)
H1 validity Dec 2005
EAD 1(Not using) AP 1
FP2 (Code 2) : 30 July 2005
NSC

I could able to apply to my son even after I was effected the retrogress.
As per my attorney, we can apply our dependents cases[I am not sure this rule applies to wife also], if you filed already the primary 485. Find out with your attorney once again...

Me and my wife filed in March 2004.

For my son, we filed in May 2005[Already retrogressed].... Initially, we also thought we couldn't file...we got even the receipt numbers also...