EB3, PD Jan 2002 to Dec 2002

sree1965 said:
I could able to apply to my son even after I was effected the retrogress.
As per my attorney, we can apply our dependents cases[I am not sure this rule applies to wife also], if you filed already the primary 485. Find out with your attorney once again...

Me and my wife filed in March 2004.

For my son, we filed in May 2005[Already retrogressed].... Initially, we also thought we couldn't file...we got even the receipt numbers also...
I may be wrong, but as far I remember, EB3 got retrogressed effective from July 1st 2005, although the rumours were out in May and Visa bulliten in June confirmed it.

So if you appled in May 2005 for your son, you were not effected by retro at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
GCLOVER007 said:
You wanna hang out and deal with USCIS guys until Oct 2007????
But we want to end this waiting chapter before end of this year (2005). Atleast we can think that we all get the approvals before end of this year.

GCLover007

Noone wants to hang so long, and neither do I.
But its really not in our control right.

neocor

EricS said:
I may be wrong, but as far I remember, EB3 got retrogressed effective from July 1st 2005, although the rumours were out in May and Visa bulliten in June confirmed it.

So if you appled in May 2005 for your son, you were not effected by retro at that time.

From July 1st 2005 Retrogressed to all the countries. NO EB3 GC's are available since then. If you see, the retrogression started from January 1st 2005 with the Priority dates were January 1st 2002 to India/Chaina/Phili. If you see my signature, my priority Date is October 2003. So I was retrogressed on January 1st 2005 itself. 100% sure that my son's case was filed when I was on retrogression. Retrogression means = 1) Unavailabily of Visa(GC's), and 2) Your PD > the set PD by US Department of State.

sree1965 said:
From July 1st 2005 Retrogressed to all the countries. NO EB3 GC's are available since then. If you see, the retrogression started from January 1st 2005 with the Priority dates were January 1st 2002 to India/Chaina/Phili. If you see my signature, my priority Date is October 2003. So I was retrogressed on January 1st 2005 itself. 100% sure that my son's case was filed when I was on retrogression. Retrogression means = 1) Unavailabily of Visa(GC's), and 2) Your PD > the set PD by US Department of State.
Yes, you are right about retrogression dates. I did not realize it as my PD is in 2001.

Friends,
well, it is a surprise that i got email notifiaction today that on august 25th my I-485 has been approved.
As per visa number availability, I am confused how it can happen.
But just thinking may be NSC, had already pulled the visa numebr for our case before it retrogessed. so got approval now.
2 weeks before I got code 2 biometric for I-485 process which is scheduled for september 24th.

Wow Congrats

Congrats for your freedom. I was counting on all of you guys, whose PD is before June 2002. Lets see how many cases will be approved before Oct 2005 where PD was current for some point of time.

The First approval after we started tracking in this thread. Hope we all get it soon. Great News for EB3.

GCLove007

GCLove007, Thank you for your wish, and hope you guyz get similar surprise news like me sooner. yes it is a big surprise for me and still couldnot believe to my eyes. you guyz have been great encouragement for us, and because of all your messages, I was tracking my case status during visa unavailability period.
i will be tracking the messages to check on you guyz status.

Thanks
:)

Must say its definately good news.
Would jump even someone now comes along with a June 2003 Approval.
But i guess thats wishful thinking

Congrats Waitingfor_GC

Awesome and Congatulations Waitingfor_GC!
What I thought impossible - you made it happen :)

waitingfor_gc said:
Friends,
well, it is a surprise that i got email notifiaction today that on august 25th my I-485 has been approved.
But just thinking may be NSC, had already pulled the visa numebr for our case before it retrogessed. so got approval now.
2 weeks before I got code 2 biometric for I-485 process which is scheduled for september 24th.
Congratulations NO MORE WAITING FOR GC... :). My PD is Dec 2001 I hope something will come up atleast in October for me. Lets hope for the best and good luck to other guys who are waiting for GC approvals including me.
Thnaks
KK

kriskish

Hey Kriskish,
I was hoping that you would get your 485 when you got your 140. So hang in tight as in 140 days and put all the weight on god, you will get it before Oct 2005.

GCLover007

Congratulations

Congrats waitingfor_gc for getting approved.

Lets hope all others will get approved starting oct.

btw count me in too. My PD may be far ahead of many but I m the worst unluckiest guy in getting approved.

waitingfor_gc said:
Friends,

what was your 2nd FP code 1 or code 2.
Well, maybe sometime you can call NSC customer service and raise querry.
Well it doesn't help much, but if lucky sometime it can bring some attention.

July2003filer said:
Congrats waitingfor_gc for getting approved.

Lets hope all others will get approved starting oct.

btw count me in too. My PD may be far ahead of many but I m the worst unluckiest guy in getting approved.

My second FP was Code 2. I don't know what to do? just wait wait & wait.... I am going to call USCIS today & raise query.

thanks

waitingfor_gc said:
what was your 2nd FP code 1 or code 2.
Well, maybe sometime you can call NSC customer service and raise querry.
Well it doesn't help much, but if lucky sometime it can bring some attention.

code 2 is good sign. after i got code 2 notice, i got this approval, but again in NSC work is random. but we can think positive, yes its good idea to call and raise query.

July2003filer said:
My second FP was Code 2. I don't know what to do? just wait wait & wait.... I am going to call USCIS today & raise query.

thanks

Nebraska

My PD is DEC 2001 and I485 date is Nov 2003. FP1 Jun 2004
Got RFE on Medical and responded in May 2005. Haven't heard anything since then.
Will it help if file for an inquiry? I am on EB3. and shld I wait till oct and file for an inquiry?? Please advice.

Thanks.

Waiting for 485 Approval

EB3 ,PD : August 2002 (NSC ).
I-140/I-1485 : RD November 3 , 2004
EAD (For both me and my wife):January 14th,2005
FP ( For me and My Wife):March 15th,2005
Biometrics ( Got for my wife only ) :April 15th,2005
I-140 RFE On A2P : April 29th 2005( Replied After 40 days)
I-140 AD : August 11th, 2005.
I-485 : ?????

Does anybody have the same situation like wife got Biometrics notification but not primary person?
Please share your views.

Thanks