the same.

jagdipmatharu said:
hi all,

i have master's in comp science and have 2+ years of experience
do i qualify for EB2 ?

regards,

EB2 vs. EB3

Hi great guru and others,

I am being sponsored for GC via PERM by my employer - I work in the risk management field. They are sending in a LC application right now. I have a BA degree, 3.5 years experience, and various certifications (CPCU, ARM) that are generally considered in the industry as a masters equivalent. Do I qualify for an EB-2? Is that importaint at this stage of the process or does it become important when I apply to adjust my status? I am trying to figure out whether or not to push the lawyers to apply as an EB2 now or later.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate it.

If your BA is 3 yrs then you have problem.

Usually BA/BS in related field with 5 yrs progresssing exp may qualify for EB2.

Your safe bet is EB3.

What is your BA major? Also your job title and your state?

sakabih2003 said:
Hi great guru and others,

I am being sponsored for GC via PERM by my employer - I work in the risk management field. They are sending in a LC application right now. I have a BA degree, 3.5 years experience, and various certifications (CPCU, ARM) that are generally considered in the industry as a masters equivalent. Do I qualify for an EB-2? Is that importaint at this stage of the process or does it become important when I apply to adjust my status? I am trying to figure out whether or not to push the lawyers to apply as an EB2 now or later.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate it.

Great guru, thanks for getting back to me. I have a BA double major in Economics and Computer Science, and I have a minor in German.

My state is GA. Official title in the company is Assistant Secretary of Underwriting. Though I could get promoted to Secretary or Assistant Vice President soon.

Does having these certifications that are generally regarded in the industry as a Master's Degree help me at all to qualify for an EB-2?

Is EB category even important at this stage of the process when the LC application is submitted online, or does it come into play when I am adjusting the status and waiting for a visa number?

Thanks

You will be considered as Admin Service Manager Category or Accountant.

First get your education and certification evaluated by www.wes.org.

Unless you put papers together in the PERM stage, you will not qulaify for EB2 in the next stage of I 140.

If your salary offer is more than $80K, you may qualify with 3 yrs exp and prove your certifications are industry related and licensed to practise the trade etc.

Get hold of a good attoeney to this kind of job.

sakabih2003 said:
Great guru, thanks for getting back to me. I have a BA double major in Economics and Computer Science, and I have a minor in German.

My state is GA. Official title in the company is Assistant Secretary of Underwriting. Though I could get promoted to Secretary or Assistant Vice President soon.

Does having these certifications that are generally regarded in the industry as a Master's Degree help me at all to qualify for an EB-2?

Is EB category even important at this stage of the process when the LC application is submitted online, or does it come into play when I am adjusting the status and waiting for a visa number?

Thanks

I want to file for LC thru PERM ..need suggestions

Hi Guys !!

I have done MS in Intelligent Transportation systems in US and I have been working as a Tranportation Engineer since last 4 years in the same company. Now my Question is can I apply for a Green card in EB - 2 Category or Is it good for me to go for EB - 3 ?
Is there any link with prevailing wage ? Do i need to get $ 75 as minimum ? How does it work ?
My attorneys says its compulsory for me to get paid around $ 80 once i get the Green card..how far is it true ? Please help.
Thanks in advance,
Gthallap.

If Your BS degree is Civil Engineering or Electronics, then you have to send your job description (Transportation) to State Employment Dept to get prevailing wage for that special position.

It is in between 70-80$ per hour.(Depends on the state where you work)

gthallap said:
Hi Guys !!

I have done MS in Intelligent Transportation systems in US and I have been working as a Tranportation Engineer since last 4 years in the same company. Now my Question is can I apply for a Green card in EB - 2 Category or Is it good for me to go for EB - 3 ?
Is there any link with prevailing wage ? Do i need to get $ 75 as minimum ? How does it work ?
My attorneys says its compulsory for me to get paid around $ 80 once i get the Green card..how far is it true ? Please help.
Thanks in advance,
Gthallap.

EB2 or EB3

Below is my current job and pay details.

Position title: Senior Staff Programmer

Pay: 77K

Bachelor's degree in Information Systems Management, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent; course work and subsequent continuing education or experience to show professional currency. Must be able to debug and fix existing programs in the project as necessary. Also will be actively create and modify existing Java / JSP / xml code. Must have knowledge of SDLC. Must have the experience of working with J2EE - Oracle websphere. Should be able to do bug fix Java/JSP programs, create builds and launch in development/Test/Production environments with IBM WebSphere. Two to Three years experience in J2EE design, and development, including struts, security and access services, and system generation/maintenance in a multi-user web-server environment. Three years experience in J2EE programming with ORACLE database on Windows 2000 plus two years planning, development, implementing, optimization, maintaining, and improving Java/JSP/J2EE applications in a micro and LAN environment. Strong working knowledge of software management techniques and advanced approaches to maintain systems security and integrity. Skills include Crystal Reports and Lotus Notes are highly desired.

Job Location: Virginia

Can I file labour in EB2 category? If no what are my options to file or quality in EB2. Thanks in advance.

useruser9999 said:
Below is my current job and pay details.

Position title: Senior Staff Programmer

Pay: 77K

Bachelor's degree in Information Systems Management, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent; course work and subsequent continuing education or experience to show professional currency. Must be able to debug and fix existing programs in the project as necessary. Also will be actively create and modify existing Java / JSP / xml code. Must have knowledge of SDLC. Must have the experience of working with J2EE - Oracle websphere. Should be able to do bug fix Java/JSP programs, create builds and launch in development/Test/Production environments with IBM WebSphere. Two to Three years experience in J2EE design, and development, including struts, security and access services, and system generation/maintenance in a multi-user web-server environment. Three years experience in J2EE programming with ORACLE database on Windows 2000 plus two years planning, development, implementing, optimization, maintaining, and improving Java/JSP/J2EE applications in a micro and LAN environment. Strong working knowledge of software management techniques and advanced approaches to maintain systems security and integrity. Skills include Crystal Reports and Lotus Notes are highly desired.

Job Location: Virginia

Can I file labour in EB2 category? If no what are my options to file or quality in EB2. Thanks in advance.

EB3. There are no place to tell that BS and 5 year exp AFTER BS (must be progressive also)

EB2 or EB3

newbies said:
EB3. There are no place to tell that BS and 5 year exp AFTER BS (must be progressive also)

Thanks newbies for your response. I am sorry I did not get what you said about 'progressive'. Can you please elaborate it. Can I file labour in EB2 category? If no what are my options to file or quality in EB2. Thanks in advance.

useruser9999 said:
Thanks newbies for your response. I am sorry I did not get what you said about 'progressive'. Can you please elaborate it. Can I file labour in EB2 category? If no what are my options to file or quality in EB2. Thanks in advance.

In the other thread you state most of exp you gain from the same company with the similar job. There is no way for you to do EB2.
programer or senior programer are similar. The only way you can use that exp is to prove that your new job is different from the old one in nature. For example, the old one is programer, the new one is sale.

Progressive is what you just got from programer to senior programer. In the other words, if you can prove that your experience is gain and promote during that 5 years, it will be easy to make the case go through. Plus state clearly those information on your ad.

That is what I learn from the recent immigration meeting in my company.
Just note that my company starts PERM from July and got all approved within 4 months period max (current case pending is in Sep) and NO AUDIT at all (actually just 2 cases got standard audit to request for advestment document but then got approved). 95% of those case are EB2. The lawyer said the reason for that is the HR person in my company DOES a very very good job to prepare all cases for AD. Not many companies ever get that record.

great guru, thanks a bunch. A quick follow-up question:

You mentioned that I need to "put my papers together" in the PERM stage to qualify for EB2 in the I 140 stage. What does that mean exactly - get my papers evaluated by WES?

If my company noted in my Labor Certification application a BA degree as the highest level of education - does that mean that I won't be able to file I-140 as EB-2?

Regards

great guru said:
You will be considered as Admin Service Manager Category or Accountant.

First get your education and certification evaluated by www.wes.org.

Unless you put papers together in the PERM stage, you will not qulaify for EB2 in the next stage of I 140.

If your salary offer is more than $80K, you may qualify with 3 yrs exp and prove your certifications are industry related and licensed to practise the trade etc.

Get hold of a good attoeney to this kind of job.

sakabih2003 said:
great guru, thanks a bunch. A quick follow-up question:

You mentioned that I need to "put my papers together" in the PERM stage to qualify for EB2 in the I 140 stage. What does that mean exactly - get my papers evaluated by WES?

means, everything (not evaluation) must be focused to EB2.
If BA is highest qualification definitely you will not qualify EB2, do not get disappointed at the end. Go for only EB3

If my company noted in my Labor Certification application a BA degree as the highest level of education - does that mean that I won't be able to file I-140 as EB-2?

Regards

Eb2

Hello Newbie and great guru. I have been working for a company for 3 years and promoted to senior soft eng last month. My role and responsibilites have significently changed. I had no prior experience before I joined this company except an MS degree from a US school. My new job description is "MS in Comp Sci or equiv who has at least 2 yrs or BS in Comp Sci or equiv with 4 of exp". Do I qualify for EB2 because I gained 2 years exp at my current employer in old position (software eng.)? What are my chances for Eb2 if my emp is willing to amend the job description to MS + 0 yrs exp?

usprofessional said:
Hello Newbie and great guru. I have been working for a company for 3 years and promoted to senior soft eng last month. My role and responsibilites have significently changed. I had no prior experience before I joined this company except an MS degree from a US school. My new job description is "MS in Comp Sci or equiv who has at least 2 yrs or BS in Comp Sci or equiv with 4 of exp". Do I qualify for EB2 because I gained 2 years exp at my current employer in old position (software eng.)? What are my chances for Eb2 if my emp is willing to amend the job description to MS + 0 yrs exp?

If you received the MS degree or have a way to prove that you completed the MS degree 1 day before the starting day.
Go with MS+0.

You can only use those exp before become senior soft eng if your previous job is hardware eng or sale eng or anything beside software engineer/programer. Your company must prove that (via H1B job description). I would suggest not try to play that path since you already qualify EB2 with MS+0

Amend it. BS + 5yrs or MS +0 yrs for EB2

usprofessional said:

Eb2?

Hello Great Guru and newbie, BS Computer sceince plus 4years exp software engineer/consultant will qualify for EB2? My total experience is over 5yrs, but 1 yr was before I got my BS. I had a 1yr diploma in computer sceince when i worked at that time, then I completed my bachelors and have been working in US for past 4 years. The job description of that 1yr is also same as my rest of the jobs, Java/Web development. Plus, I've been working with my current company for past 3 years, if I apply on EB2 with my current employer, does my experience with my current employer counts? Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Everyone,
I have been reading this thread about the EB2 visa and I have this question - My personal circumstance is that I have a MSc in Computing Science from a very reputable University in the United Kingdom I also have about 6 years 'post graduation' experience gained from various companies in Europe. I live in Europe at the moment but would really like to look for a new job opportunity in the US as I believe that this is a good market for me to get into careerwise. I have found that jobs that I have applied for in the US usually refer only to the H1B visa availability and from my understanding the quota for this visa has long since been reached. For me to get a company to sponsor me for the EB2 visa what do I need to do? Many agencies/companies will not even reply to job application once they see that I am a British national ..
Your help and advice would be really appreciated!