EB2 PERM approved, I 140?

jayamitra

Registered Users (C)
I need help with this situation.
My Perm Labor Certification got approved in mid October 2005. It is an EB2 labor. With this widespread EB2 retrogression, should I apply for I-140 and then wait for priority dates for I485 which may only become current in several year?
Also are there any potential problems with H1B stamping back in India in case the I 140 is approved or applied and I go to India and try to get the H1B stamped before comming back to US?

jayamitra said:
My Perm Labor Certification got approved in mid October 2005. It is an EB2 labor. With this widespread EB2 retrogression, should I apply for I-140 and then wait for priority dates for I485 which may only become current in several year?
---------------------------
Go for I 140 and get it approved, the recent 90,000 addl visa number may ease the situation little bit. But getting I 140 is good in case of 7th yr extn, you will get 3 yrs extn at a time instead of 1 yr(if I 140 is not approved)
------------------------------------

Also are there any potential problems with H1B stamping back in India in case the I 140 is approved or applied and I go to India and try to get the H1B stamped before comming back to US? ----------- No effect on h1 stamping.

deadline to file I-140 upon approval of LC

Is there a deadline to file I-140 after LC is approved?

Thank you.

45-day letter does not apply to you. It applies to the cases which went to backlog centers in either Philly or Dallas!

jayamitra said:
Would you please explain the 45 day letter? Mine was a PERM case.

File I-140 ASAP and look forward to filing I-485 when your priority date is current. Your H-1 stamping will not be effected by filing or approved I-140.

jayamitra said:
Also are there any potential problems with H1B stamping back in India in case the I 140 is approved or applied and I go to India and try to get the H1B stamped before comming back to US?