EB2 ONLY - I-485 in June 2007 - NO NONSENSE PLEASE!!

SAI_GIVE_GC2005,

There is some good news and some not very bad news to report:

Sunday - July 1, 2007 - Lawyer called me home and confirmed that one my checks has been cashed.

Monday - July 2, 2007 - No news (except for the July 2007 VB Fiasco)

Tuesday - July 3, 2007 - Lawyer e-mailed me the image of the check cashed and the receipt number was not at all clear.
Called the customer service number 800-375-5283 and got all the SRCs for my I-485, I-131 and I-765 - all with RDs of June 27, 2007.

The IO also spoke with my wife and gave her the SRC for only her I-485 and didn't say anything further.

Later when I checked the status on USCIS site, my three SRCs showed that they are received and pending. However, when I put in my wife's SRC number, the note said 'received and rejected.' Then I called my attorney and he said not to worry because my applications are accepted and he will resend my wife's application with whatever is lacking.

An hour later, I called the USCIS again and this time another IO stated that my wife's application was rejected because of 'incorrect fee' and he also said her application will be accepted when sent with the correct filing fee. Applications of my two minor kids have not yet been opened, as per the IO.

Quite an interesting day for me and my family. Hopefully we will have the RDs for my kids and my wife by end of next week.

I got mail from my attorney that June filers will not get affected.
Sure Imm_Exploited,

We will post and follow closely. I hope my assumption should be true and I am going to check with Lawyer Monday. If you can check with your Lawyer,please check with your Lawyer also. We will see how their answer matches in our cases.

Thanks

Details are in Signature. I am more worried now as there is delay between the delivery date and the RD. I thought, i was safe. hmm.. Never an end to the problems and pressure.

Details in Signature

Hope our wait ends soon - this suspense is really painful (more than any horror movie that I know of) :mad: :( :mad: :eek:

Info required

Imm_exploited ,
When we call , customer service number to get receipt #s , What inofmration should we supposed to provide ? My attorney sent money orders rather than cheques and I was given money order numbers . Money orders are not being cashed . My 485 was sent to NSC on June 11th . Appreciate on any advice what should be done ?
-- Harithacard

SAI_GIVE_GC2005,

Sunday - July 1, 2007 - Lawyer called me home and confirmed that one my checks has been cashed.

Tuesday - July 3, 2007 - Lawyer e-mailed me the image of the check cashed and the receipt number was not at all clear.
Called the customer service number 800-375-5283 and got all the SRCs for my I-485, I-131 and I-765 - all with RDs of June 27, 2007.

The IO also spoke with my wife and gave her the SRC for only her I-485 and didn't say anything further.

Later when I checked the status on USCIS site, my three SRCs showed that they are received and pending. However, when I put in my wife's SRC number, the note said 'received and rejected.' Then I called my attorney and he said not to worry because my applications are accepted and he will resend my wife's application with whatever is lacking.

An hour later, I called the USCIS again and this time another IO stated that my wife's application was rejected because of 'incorrect fee' and he also said her application will be accepted when sent with the correct filing fee. Applications of my two minor kids have not yet been opened, as per the IO.

Quite an interesting day for me and my family. Hopefully we will have the RDs for my kids and my wife by end of next week.

Hello harithacard,

If they are not cashing the 'money orders' it is possible for them to send back the papers just as they did for my wife for incorrect amount on checks.

When you call customer service - 800-375-5283 after you choose option # 1 for English I think, please follow instructions carefully so that you will be lead to an immigration officer (IO). Following are the options you choose if I remember correctly:

option # 2 - - - option # 2 - - - option # 6 - - - option # 2 - - - option # 2 - - - option # 1

Once you get to speak to the first person, do not tell them about 'money orders' as the first person who comes online is probably from a call center. Just tell that person that you have sent your papers to NSC and it has been more than a month and then hopefully you will be lead to an IO. Once you have the IO, just tell the person (both the times I called, they were guys and are very nice) your name and date of birth and he/she should be able to tell you if they have opened your packets and receipted and/or rejected. If the IO says that 'money orders' are not accepted and that your papers have been returned, make sure if they have allotted a number (SRC in case of TSC). In my opinion you should be fine even if you send back the papers after a couple of weeks.

Please let me know how the call goes.

Sincerely - IE

Did you really send the incorrect amount or are you being jerked around I wonder??

Good luck to you.

Thanks for the wishes. Where were you? Did you disappear to jerk around with your Mexican friends around the NAFTA borders?

Imm_Exploited ,
Thankyou for step by step instructions . It worked out very well and I got my receipt #s too .
- HC

Hello harithacard,

If they are not cashing the 'money orders' it is possible for them to send back the papers just as they did for my wife for incorrect amount on checks.

When you call customer service - 800-375-5283 after you choose option # 1 for English I think, please follow instructions carefully so that you will be lead to an immigration officer (IO). Following are the options you choose if I remember correctly:

option # 2 - - - option # 2 - - - option # 6 - - - option # 2 - - - option # 2 - - - option # 1

Once you get to speak to the first person, do not tell them about 'money orders' as the first person who comes online is probably from a call center. Just tell that person that you have sent your papers to NSC and it has been more than a month and then hopefully you will be lead to an IO. Once you have the IO, just tell the person (both the times I called, they were guys and are very nice) your name and date of birth and he/she should be able to tell you if they have opened your packets and receipted and/or rejected. If the IO says that 'money orders' are not accepted and that your papers have been returned, make sure if they have allotted a number (SRC in case of TSC). In my opinion you should be fine even if you send back the papers after a couple of weeks.

Please let me know how the call goes.

Sincerely - IE

Hi all,
My attorney has filed I-485/EAD/AP by regular mail (USPS) on Jun 11, 2007 at Nebraska Service Center (PO box address). My 140 was approved by NSC in Oct 2006 (PD = Apr 24, 2003). I called USCIS customer service on July 3, 2007 and the immigrtion officer told me that they have no record about me or my 485 case. My attorney told me that the checks he wrote have not been cashed yet (as of July 5, 2007). My attorney has no filing proof whatsoever. I wish he had some kind of filing proof (such as USPS certified mail or something). I am very worried now. I called immigration officer again today (July 5) and she said that it can take anywhere from 30 to 45 days after they receive the packet for the checks to be cashed and for them to have a record for me in their system (A record in their system is created only if the checks are cashed). She also said that they receive around 60,000 mails every other day which is the main reason for delay in receipt notices. She asked me to wait a minimum of 45 days after the application was mailed.

Is there a known recent delay in issuance of receipt notices for 485/EAD/AP filed around the middle of June 2007?

Thank you.

called USCIS today..

Imm_Exploited ,
Thankyou for step by step instructions.

It worked well but took alomost 40 minutes to ge an IO and she said that she did not find any record on my name. May be still my package is unopened.

May be long way to go...

Please count me in. I have not received reciept notices yet. Called immi officer. She did not find record in their system for my 485/ead/ap filing. Attorney says that the checks he wrote have not been cashed yet. Really worried as I continue to wait for receipt notices.

kissaGCka & mvinays

I hope this info keeps your hopes alive. My wife's I-485 was rejected and sent back for incorrect fee checks but the IO said they will accept whenever we send back the papers properly. My two kids' packets have not yet been opened. I have not called USCIS today and may call them on Monday.

Thanks Imm_Exploited.
My checks have not yet been encashed. But my attorney said that it takes time due to tons of applications in USCIS after June.

I will update once I get more status.

Thanks

SAI_GIVE_GC2005,

I have sent my application I485 on June 8th.No checks cashed ..No Receipts yet..my check issued has a validity of 60 days ...? I am worried what would happen if USCIS tries clearing check after 60 days ? My application gets rejected ?

My Case details as below.Just last week I have received all my SRC dated for June 25th for me and my wife from TSC.How many days it takes for getting FP notice? .Do we get any notification by email for FP.Will they be sending mails for AP/EAD/485.
Receipt Data or Notice Date
June 25th from TSC.

Friends,

I am now really getting worried because my code 3 FP was done on June 23rd and I don't see any update on the case. (no LUD)

Gurus, experts, what could be wrong here? Is there any way to have them update it...or cause it to get updated or something..I am worried that either my case is stuck in NC or in a state where it won't be touched (I know I probably need to wait longer...but most cases get the LUD right after FP..and that's my reason for worry)

Any insights, experiences or insider information greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
My details in signature...

Looks like the receipt notices are getting delayed for applications received towards the end of June. My colleagues application was received (fedex) around june 20th and his checks are not cashed yet. We can track the 'general' progress of the applications, notices etc in http://www.trackitt.com