Eb2 - niw

creados

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have a MS in Software Engineering from BITS Pilani(India). Over 16 years of Work Experience.

I have worked on the following
1. Building a Pacemaker Programmer as an Architect.
2. ID systems for Washington Department of Licensing, Connecticut Department of Social Security
3. Worked in a Utility as an Architect which was working on Automated Metering Systems and Automatic Connect/Disconnect of the Electricity Connection, Automatic Load Reduction

Please let me know what chance I have for a NIW. What is the documentation that I would need to apply for a NIW?

In my opinion, work experience generally doesn't count unless you can show proof that your accomplishments have brought greater recognition soon after - such as awards, higher salary, citations, etc. For NIW, your case resembles the NYDoT case - in that you can show that your field has intrinsic merit to national interest. However, can you satisfy the third criterion? That is always a tough sell and the immigration officials are getting more stringent on this these days.

Good luck.

In my opinion, work experience generally doesn't count unless you can show proof that your accomplishments have brought greater recognition soon after - such as awards, higher salary, citations, etc. For NIW, your case resembles the NYDoT case - in that you can show that your field has intrinsic merit to national interest. However, can you satisfy the third criterion? That is always a tough sell and the immigration officials are getting more stringent on this these days.

Good luck.

Hi,

I have a certificate of acknowledgement from the Department of Licensing, Washington State that shows, that I put them on the road to success. Will that help.

Also, the work that I have done in the Utilities is to do with optimizing the natural resources and demand for power by automatic load reduction. Will that help?

Thanks and Regards,

Sure, they will both be of huge help. If you can show the impact of what you have done in terms of established metrics in your field, it will be a plus.

Also, I see that you are from India and I assume you are aware of the retrogression that exists in the NIW category - so, do you really want to go that route?

I'm also from India and have decided not to go NIW only because of retrogression!

Sure, they will both be of huge help. If you can show the impact of what you have done in terms of established metrics in your field, it will be a plus.

Also, I see that you are from India and I assume you are aware of the retrogression that exists in the NIW category - so, do you really want to go that route?

I'm also from India and have decided not to go NIW only because of retrogression!

You are right. However, I think that though my work in the Secure ID/Bio metrics field is of National Importance and used by Law Enforcement Personnel in various states of the US and my work in Energy and Utilities is of critical importance to the working of the National Electric Grid, this would not help me to get an EB1 as I do not have the relevant publications to support the same.

I have worked in the past in these areas. Currently I work in a University.
A NIW allows me to bypass the Labour certification and if I would like to switch jobs I can do so without jeopardizing my GC prospects.

What is your thoughts on this?

My attorney got an NIW approved for a hair dresser (no kidding). She did hair and makeup for some movie productions. So NIW is really broad, and a well prepared presentation can get you approved even if you don't have a PhD. Your case sounds pretty thin though from what you said so far. Your general area is of national importance, but your specific achievements affect a state at best. NIW explicitly asks for national impact. Eb1 is out of the question. NIW is worth a try, file the I-140 and see what happens and use a good attorney. But I would be very surprised if it works out, to be honest.

The work that I have done is in 3 major areas.

1. Secure ID Systems: The work that i have done is in Biometrics. Fingerprint scanning, etc. I also have done a web based biometrics verification tool. This project was tried twice before and it failed. I took it up and implemented the same. These are used by the DMV's of about 37 states of the US and various Law Enforcement personnel.

2. Pacemaker Programmer: I was responsible for the architecture and design of the same. As you may be aware, this is complex real time display of the ECG leads. I was responsible for the technical solution, ensuring that instrumentation was built into the system for automated testing and also the test strategy and review of the test results. The test results were sent to the FDA for approval. Pacemakers are used by the entire US and so is the Pacemaker programmer.

3. A utilities company: The work that I have done was in the area of SOA and control of the Electric Grid. The California Solar Initiative which is an initiative of the Department of Energy. Also I have worked in an Advanced Metering Initiative, which is a pioneering work. It is to make efficient use of the Energy and to reduce Green House Gases. The work is being done by pushing vendors to adopt standards, so that other utilities throught the US and Canada would use the same technology.

Do you still feel that the work that I have done is beneficial to only one state and that my chances are thin?