EB2/EB3 while studying

amitjain17

I am working for my company on H1b and at the same time pursuing my Masters. Can my company apply for Labor before I complete my Masters and still file under EB2 or do I have to wait till I get my Masters before I can apply under EB2? I ll finish my masters in Dec 08 though.

Thanks
Amit

Can my company apply for Labor before I complete my Masters and still file under EB2 or do I have to wait till I get my Masters before I can apply under EB2? I ll finish my masters in Dec 08 though.

Your company cannot require a Master's degree in your LC if you do not have one yet.

I am working for my company on H1b and at the same time pursuing my Masters. Can my company apply for Labor before I complete my Masters and still file under EB2 or do I have to wait till I get my Masters before I can apply under EB2? I ll finish my masters in Dec 08 though.

Thanks
Amit

You need to meet the job requirements before PERM is applied for you. Your experience from the same employer filing the PERM does not count.

You have to meet the requirements of EB2 at the time of filing. You cannot file for EB2 until you meet the credentials required for the same. And please note you have to be awarded the degree itself - this means not just passing all the courses, but also taking the relevant tests and doing the relevant projects so that your degree is AWARDED.