Eb2/eb3 Victims - Last Minute Remaining - Last Chance - Please Help

srinireddydgl

Registered Users (C)
DEAR ALL,
EVERYONE KNOWS THAT A PERSON CANNOT CLAP WITH ONE HAND
WE NEED HUGE SUPPORT TO MAKE OUR OWN LIVES BETTER
PLEASE DO NOT SIT QUIET AND DONT WAIT FOR OTHERS.
YOU CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE
EB2 IS GOING TO BE RETROGRESSED NEXT MONTH
EB3 IS UNAVAILABLE
NOBODY WILL HEAR YOUR VOICE UNTIL RAISED

PLEASE SUPPORT THE BILL BY FAXING LETTERS TO YOUR CONGRESSMAN
DONT BE LAZY JUST DO IT FOR SAKE OF YOUR OWN FUTURE

SEE BELOW AND GO TO THAT LINK TO SUPPORT THE MOVEMENT

AS YOU MAY KNOW, THERE ARE SOME IMMIGRATION REFORMS SUGGESTED
BY "IMMIGRATION REFORM BILL" AND ITS HEARING IS DUE ON 07/27. SO
LETS WE ALL ACT TOGATHER BEFORE ITS TOO LATE AND RAISE OUR VOICE
STRONGLY TO ELIMINATE VISA RETROGRESSION!! SO PLEASE REFER TO
FOLLOWING LINK:

http://immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1202739&postcount=183

Dear srinireddydgl and a few other guys promoting similar cause:

I think you guys have a fundamental misunderstanding of how things work in this country.

The retrogression is merely the legal consequence of the visa number quota system, which in this country has been a long-standing immigration policy set by the congress. The retrogression is not due to a malfunction or incompetence on the part of any government branch, it merely reflects the fact that there is a legal upper limit of the number of visas for each year and there are more applicants than there are visa numbers available. The occurence of retrogression, to some extent, show that the USCIS is doing their job faster than they are obligated to by the law.

Complaining about the retrogression is kinda like complaining your shoes are getting wet while standing in an ocean. Can you make the ocean budge by complaing about it?

The handful of times when the congress increased visa quota in recent years have been the result of lobbying effort on the part of big corporations seeking IT workers. Yes, it is possible to move the ocean, if you are the right person. By the right person, I mean the powerful corporations and political lobbying groups, and ultimately, CITIZENS of this country. The obligation and responsibility of the congress start and end with their CITIZENS.

A few years ago there was a Mexican immigrant complaining to the local media about her son not receiving educational benefits only entitled to US citizens & permanent residents. Instead of sympathy and relief she and her son were put into the deportation process. This is a true story and you have Colorado congressman Tancredo to thank for it.

Certainly you can raise your voice and try to make people hear it. I'm afraid however, without some fundamental understanding of the system and some sensitivity, your effort will be useless at best. Remember, before you ear the US passport you are not entitled to the popular whining culture of this country. So guys wake up from the illusion of entitlement and face the reality of a less welcoming United States, and plan accordingly, and start networking in India & China.

Before you call me an American chauvinist let it be clear that I am one of you : a guy waiting for his green card. After seeing a couple of threads promoting this effort I stopped laughing and asked myself whether I should continue laughing at the silliness or pour some cold water on it. Well, I decided to pour some cold water.

srinireddydgl said:
DEAR ALL,
EVERYONE KNOWS THAT A PERSON CANNOT CLAP WITH ONE HAND
WE NEED HUGE SUPPORT TO MAKE OUR OWN LIVES BETTER
PLEASE DO NOT SIT QUIET AND DONT WAIT FOR OTHERS.
YOU CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE
EB2 IS GOING TO BE RETROGRESSED NEXT MONTH
EB3 IS UNAVAILABLE
NOBODY WILL HEAR YOUR VOICE UNTIL RAISED

PLEASE SUPPORT THE BILL BY FAXING LETTERS TO YOUR CONGRESSMAN
DONT BE LAZY JUST DO IT FOR SAKE OF YOUR OWN FUTURE

SEE BELOW AND GO TO THAT LINK TO SUPPORT THE MOVEMENT

AS YOU MAY KNOW, THERE ARE SOME IMMIGRATION REFORMS SUGGESTED
BY "IMMIGRATION REFORM BILL" AND ITS HEARING IS DUE ON 07/27. SO
LETS WE ALL ACT TOGATHER BEFORE ITS TOO LATE AND RAISE OUR VOICE
STRONGLY TO ELIMINATE VISA RETROGRESSION!! SO PLEASE REFER TO
FOLLOWING LINK:

Last edited by a moderator:
I applaud your effort. However, senators and congressmen have no vested interest in providing immigrants status to workers who are already legally in this country on non-immigrant visas. Neither are the employers going to be concerned about retrogression. They would rather increase non-immigrant visas so they can hire more people cheaper.

Sad but true.

Senate Judiciary hearing for "comprehensive immigration reform"

Guys,

Senate Judiciary hearing for comprehensive immigration reform (which includes to recapture unused immigrant visas and increase number of immigrant visas to 290,000)is scheduled on Tuesday, Jul. 26, 2005 9:30 a.m. So come on guys...please..please send emails / letters / fax / make phone calls to your senators as well as senate judiciary members. Our goal is to hit our message to them by Monday. Everyone's effor counts.

Here is the link:

Ink,

I do agree with some of your points but I beg to differ when you said senators/congressmen or only care CITIZENS wish, The truth is as a politicians first they care more about themselves :), That being said, we need make sure we project how we are contributing to US economy, we are leagal aliens, well educated, never been trouble to law, We also need to show how after getting Green card many of our peers opend many companies and created many jobs.

Besides we also need to mention how many corporates are taking advantage of our situation by reducing our salaries and there by reducing the standard of living, creating unhealthy competation

Also, If you really want to know how the system work my friend I have one word your for "Media", These days Media is frenzy about illigal immigrants we need to knock there door but with lot of caution and make our case, if Media exposes our situation then Mr Senator will be our door steps and thats how the System works here.

You know, my friend, media only works to advance the public's will, satisfy the public's curiosity, or at times, fulfill the public's conscience. With the current economic and political atmosphere in this country, I highly doubt the American public give a dxxx to the unfair treatment of H1-B holders and PR wanna-bes. If given the choice, I bet the average American would opt for closing the immigration door even further.

In case you wonder why the media is so crazy about illegal immigration but seems oblivious to the plight of legal immigrants, the answer is simple: the American public DON'T care.

In fact, there is already enough media coverage these days on the topic of immigration. Just tune in CNN and Lou Dobbs, with all his sincerity and a sense of utmost urgency, woud tell you almost everyday how "immigration" is depriving Americans of their jobs and opportunities, lowering the living standard of this country and feeding corporate greed.

So before you are ready to appeal to the media, and ultimately to the American public for compassion and sympathy, here is a dose of reality: your local media is crazy about illegal immigrants not because of compassion, not because of sympathy, but because the American public want them OUT. Your neighbors are volunteering to join the Minute Men project and your beloved CNN host wrote a book about how you are causing economic woes to his country. Just because your local 9News had a report about a duckling rescue does not mean they'll spend the same energy trying to rescue the PR wannabes.

reallydepressed said:
Ink,

I do agree with some of your points but I beg to differ when you said senators/congressmen or only care CITIZENS wish, The truth is as a politicians first they care more about themselves :), That being said, we need make sure we project how we are contributing to US economy, we are leagal aliens, well educated, never been trouble to law, We also need to show how after getting Green card many of our peers opend many companies and created many jobs.

Besides we also need to mention how many corporates are taking advantage of our situation by reducing our salaries and there by reducing the standard of living, creating unhealthy competation

Also, If you really want to know how the system work my friend I have one word your for "Media", These days Media is frenzy about illigal immigrants we need to knock there door but with lot of caution and make our case, if Media exposes our situation then Mr Senator will be our door steps and thats how the System works here.

reallydepressed said:
More reason not to increase immigrant visas. Senators and congressmen care for corporate interests more than anything else. Reducing wage is in the best interests of corporations. This is the reason they are reluctant to close the door for illegal immigration.

reallydepressed said:

I often hear these silly "slavery" comment from H1B people. That may be true,
but it is also true a lot of companies are treating H1B the same way as others.
You have an option to leave and change the company in this free world. If
you do not want to change the employer because you don't wanna
mess up ongoing GC process, that is fine, but then it's your decision and
DO NOT whine.
You are the one who choose to stay in such abusive environment
whether it's for GC or not.

I agree with "Inkink" and "Gotpr".
Lot of people here behave as if GC is the only solution that will end all their misery. It's not. If you are really!!!!!!? worth it (have the right skills and expertise to do your job), nobody's stopping you just because you are on H1.

This retrogression was there even before 2000. People back then had to wait long time to file 485. Just because things became current for the last 3-4 years, people forgot about this.
I see that people who started their filing process since 2003 and later are the ones who are the most impatient guys on this board. They expect everything to be completed within months.

100% agree with inkink. What is this bullshit about low salary and low living std. ..if they donot want to give GC or increase visa it is totally there call .

Inkink:

I agree with most parts of what you have posted but there is no point in dashing the hopes of some people who are hopeful that they will be able to change the law for the better.

This country was founded by immigrants and every new wave of immigrants has been challenged, opposed and derided by the people who themselves were immigrants. A lot of people in the US still have ties in Italy, Ireland, Germany, Greece etc. and have been back there to visit their family or trace their roots.

It is not that that the average American is unfamiliar with or opposed to the concept of immigration, it is so because the economy was not doing so hot over the past few years and outsourcing has created such a scare. What Lou Dobbs and Co. fail to point out is that unemployment is at record lows and growth rate is at record highs. They are feeding on the public's ignorance to make their lousy news reporting and lack of substantial content popular. The government knows better and has not stopped companies from getting their work done cheaper and in most cases just as good in different parts of the world. Its the new global economy and closing borders is not the solution.

As for making more visa numbers available, the McCain-Kennedy reform bill has asked for 290,000 visas per year as well as recapturing unused numbers from past years while the another introduced by Kornyn-Kyl has asked for unused numbers to be made available and mentions that numbers need to be "restructed" to meet current demands. If Congressmen and Senators were so oblivious to the plight of the legal immigrant community, why would they even consider recapture or the increase in availability.

Even if it is the big corporations that are making this happen, it is so because they have wanted to keep the immigrants here for the long term. In the 6 years of the H-1B and maybe some more, a normal worker does enough hard work to rise through the corporate ladder and get done with the low-level grind. Also, an increase from the 6 years of the H-1 to more years would serve the corporations profit seeking purposes better according to some.

I do not want to be critical of you or others who have posted their views, what you've written is reality for the most part. I just would hate to shatter the hope of someone who still believes that this country has a few good men.

Touche.

Confession: I am from a traditionally suppressive culture and consequently I do have a tendency to over-emphasize the dark side of things, especially before I have my morning cup of java.

Afterall, with all its Tancredos & Dobbs this country is still the most compassionate people on the planet. Otherwise why would we all still be here?

I guess this thread has gone way beyond the pragmatic domain of immigration matters, which, is just fine with me. :) After all, before we are green card applicants we are first thinking humans with feelings & emotions.

With all sincerity I hope I have been wrong and the guy starting this thread has been right. :)

tennis11 said:
Inkink:

I agree with most parts of what you have posted but there is no point in dashing the hopes of some people who are hopeful that they will be able to change the law for the better.

This country was founded by immigrants and every new wave of immigrants has been challenged, opposed and derided by the people who themselves were immigrants. A lot of people in the US still have ties in Italy, Ireland, Germany, Greece etc. and have been back there to visit their family or trace their roots.

It is not that that the average American is unfamiliar with or opposed to the concept of immigration, it is so because the economy was not doing so hot over the past few years and outsourcing has created such a scare. What Lou Dobbs and Co. fail to point out is that unemployment is at record lows and growth rate is at record highs. They are feeding on the public's ignorance to make their lousy news reporting and lack of substantial content popular. The government knows better and has not stopped companies from getting their work done cheaper and in most cases just as good in different parts of the world. Its the new global economy and closing borders is not the solution.

As for making more visa numbers available, the McCain-Kennedy reform bill has asked for 290,000 visas per year as well as recapturing unused numbers from past years while the another introduced by Kornyn-Kyl has asked for unused numbers to be made available and mentions that numbers need to be "restructed" to meet current demands. If Congressmen and Senators were so oblivious to the plight of the legal immigrant community, why would they even consider recapture or the increase in availability.

Even if it is the big corporations that are making this happen, it is so because they have wanted to keep the immigrants here for the long term. In the 6 years of the H-1B and maybe some more, a normal worker does enough hard work to rise through the corporate ladder and get done with the low-level grind. Also, an increase from the 6 years of the H-1 to more years would serve the corporations profit seeking purposes better according to some.

I do not want to be critical of you or others who have posted their views, what you've written is reality for the most part. I just would hate to shatter the hope of someone who still believes that this country has a few good men.
:)