EB2 approvals/LUD changes/RFE from March 1st 2006 - PD current

sorry for this stupid question, but what is InfoPass?

my PD is current as well, I don't know what the InfoPass is? how to initiate this?

Thanks much!

Ind_2001 said:
Please post the response you get from InfoPass people

usha03 said:
Baski555,
Which state are you from? Can you please give me the letter that you wrote to your Congressman and the steps that you have taken inquiring through your Congressman?

I am from Ohio. My congressman office staff is a very helpful lady. I did not send them any letter. I called and was telling her about my situation, and she took my name, address, A#, LIN and with this info, she contacted USCIS and gave me the reply.

I told her to check about my name check. She said it was cleared and actually they were waiting for my PD to become current. Since it become current, I should see some update to my case. Also she said to call her back, if I do not get any updatees by end of this month.

I found this office more helpful than senator's office, there, I do not have any one to talk to.

Thanks
Baski555

HAJIN said:
my PD is current as well, I don't know what the InfoPass is? how to initiate this?

Thanks much!

Infopass is, a type of appointment you need to take to go talk to an immigration officer in person at the District offices of USCIS. When you go to USCIS.gov, you see the link and you can follow the instructions. https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

This is better than calling the reps over the phone. Sine their standard answer is 'I dont know' for any question you ask them. If it is not clear, please let me know.

Baski555

I had my infopass appointment today morning. The person who I spoke to there (Immigration officer??) was very polite but I did not get any more information than what I already knew. He first checked that NSC was processing applications dated June 30, 2005 and that mine was applied in Feb 2005 and checked for visa number availability and said that he would call and find out what is happening. He did not seem to have any access to any special database. After a while he came back saying background check results are pending from FBI. He said that it might be a couple of months or at most 3 years :-(. I asked him when was the check initiated for which he had no answer.

I called customer service on March 2nd and initiated and inquiry and I received reply yesterday from USCIS dated March 7th that USCIS is waiting on my background check results. So I did not learn anything new from infopass appointment today. I will try to contact Senator's/Congressman's office this week. Does anybody know if they have any contact with the FBI to inquire about the status of the background check? I sent a mail to FBI in May 2005 for which I never got any reply till now.

Baski555,

In your case, name check was initiated 2nd time in May 2005 and it was cleared recently. Is that right? That means it took about 10 months for name check.

And did the immigration officer at infopass appointment say she could initiate one? The person I spoke to did not even know when mine was initiated.

thanks! my colleauge I-485 RD october 2004 (currently current) went for infopass.He got reponse that his BCK CH is done he just have to wait for it to get processed.interestingly ....he was told that name check for most filers of 2004 (he meanth I-485) is going on in full swing...and is one of the target for FBI/USCIS in coming months.

usha03 said:
Baski555,

In your case, name check was initiated 2nd time in May 2005 and it was cleared recently. Is that right? That means it took about 10 months for name check.

And did the immigration officer at infopass appointment say she could initiate one? The person I spoke to did not even know when mine was initiated.

I am sorry to hear that the infopass was not of much use. It all depend on the officer. The one I spoke was very nice and she even printed some sheet which had the dates, but said not supposed to give it to me, so tore it off later.

Yes, they intiated my name check twice.

The same lady helped me earlier, when my case was transfered to wrong DO last year. She even sent a letter to the San Antonio DO saying to transfer back to Columbus, or Nebraska and guided me what I need to do with my lawyer. So I know she can do this type of stuff.

when I asked her if she could help me out with my name check process, she said I could initiate one, but again it may get delayed, so she does not want to do it.

Baski555

I always doubted if I was speaking to an immigration officer for his English was not fluent. But there was nothing I could do. There were 5 such counters. All he was accessing was the websites that we access to check the visa bulletin and processing dates etc. and called somebody for further information. Maybe I should have asked if I was speaking to an immigration officer or not. There wasn't too much crowd also. I asked him about FP expiry and he said that they expire after 15 months and that USCIS would set up an appointment with ASC for FP again if that happened.

Hi usha03,

For us, at the security desk, they will take our infopass appointment paper. The security personnal will hand over our appoinetment paper to the IO sitting in the counter and then they will call our name.

What was the procedure. Is it the same procedure, or something different. Did you go to the counter opened by yourself?

Baski555

eb1doc,

Did your freind, by any chance, get to know when his background check was initiated and how long it took?

eb1doc said:
thanks! my colleauge I-485 RD october 2004 (currently current) went for infopass.He got reponse that his BCK CH is done he just have to wait for it to get processed.interestingly ....he was told that name check for most filers of 2004 (he meanth I-485) is going on in full swing...and is one of the target for FBI/USCIS in coming months.

There was security check (belongings etc were checked) then I showed the infopass printout. I was given a token number and asked to wait. Then my token number was called at a counter.

Hi all.......
My name check & security is cleared (as per my senator's office reply) long back. My PD is Oct. 2001. (EB2 India). I-140/ I-485 RD - August 2003.
I took infopass appointment and of course cancelled it as I know their standard answer. (same that Usha03 got!). I called congressman office on 3/1/2006 and informed her that march visa bulletin is out and NSC is processing Jan 2002. So she says me that I am not alone who is left out (???), there are lot of people. And will send a enquiry to NSC and get reply within 10 days. Today 3/15/2006, not heard anything yet.
Senator says call after 3/20/2006. My lawyer has initiated an inquiry with NSC for my pending case.
Now April bulletin is out....which says June 2002. Is this bulletin really something that NSC is following? How come DOL changes dates and NSC does not approve cases. Is their any type of link between them? I should have got my GC almost 15 months back..........but still waiting....and have no idea till when. At least some of you know the actual reason for pending case ( name check pending). I guess NSC has some personal problem with me.....

Infopass - PD Current

India EB1 PD May 04 (Current)

Went to local office for infopass inquiry. They checked the status of my file and told me that the officer had not touched my file since my interview in December 05. After showing them that my PD was current, they said that their supervisor will send a note to the adjudicating officer informing her that my PD is current. Hopefully that will wake up the officer and she will approve my case.

Forgot to ask about name check but the officer did not mention that name check was the holdup. Hopefully it is not.

Hi Ind_2001,

When I read your case details, I thought it is more likely like mine.

My name check is cleared from my congressman's office reply. My PD is Nov 2001 and I 485 RD - August 2003. I called my congressman's office to do some follow up and the reply from their office is, I should hear somethign from NSC by end of this month and if I dont hear anything she asked me to call her back. The same day, when I checked my status, it did have LUD change, with no message update. Till now I dont know whether it is to do something or just nothing.

When I called NSC when my PD become current, they said, they have everythign in place, and I should hear soon. But my FP is expired long time ago, and my husband got bio during october 05, and I did not have another FP/bio(later found out because of my name check). For that the lady said, I can get an infopass and do my bio.

When I told my lawyer about this, he said we should wait for the letter from NSC and we should not just show up for bio with infopass.

Every morning I get up with the hope that I will hear something soon since March 1st. As you mentioned as it is March 15th, nothing positive happened and it make me really tense. I did not go to india since June 03. Now I have a son who is 1 1/2 years and everyone back home wants to see him. I do not want to spend money again on AP for me, my husband and our transit visas etc. I tell every one back home, I will come when I get my GC, but it does not seems like happening at all. Even my family teases me with that.

It is really a frustrating feeling to see others who filed later than us by year or more got it, and we are still waiting.

My lawyer (Rajiv's office) said to wait till 4/30/06. Also DO NOT start an inquiry, as it makes the process slow.

I dont know what to do except cursing myself for being in the NSC jurisdiction. We can see how CSC and TSC people get their approval. Also they have some one to request for expediting.

Please let me know if you have any updates on your case, and we both can share some info/ideas to see what happens.

Does any one know about taking infopass and going for bio? Please let me know.

Baski555

Ind_2001 said:
Hi all.......
My name check & security is cleared (as per my senator's office reply) long back. My PD is Oct. 2001. (EB2 India). I-140/ I-485 RD - August 2003.
I took infopass appointment and of course cancelled it as I know their standard answer. (same that Usha03 got!). I called congressman office on 3/1/2006 and informed her that march visa bulletin is out and NSC is processing Jan 2002. So she says me that I am not alone who is left out (???), there are lot of people. And will send a enquiry to NSC and get reply within 10 days. Today 3/15/2006, not heard anything yet.
Senator says call after 3/20/2006. My lawyer has initiated an inquiry with NSC for my pending case.
Now April bulletin is out....which says June 2002. Is this bulletin really something that NSC is following? How come DOL changes dates and NSC does not approve cases. Is their any type of link between them? I should have got my GC almost 15 months back..........but still waiting....and have no idea till when. At least some of you know the actual reason for pending case ( name check pending). I guess NSC has some personal problem with me.....

LUD change for spouse 485

We received RFE for spouse 485 (marraige) and we responsed immediately within a week. After that, there was 2 LUD changes for two days (first one was for they received our response, and second one was on the next day without any msg change). No LUD on my 485 (primary) since the code 3 biometrics completed in nov 2005. I know my file is with an officer after my PD became current in Feb 06. Hoping we will received the approvals very soon.

was it your local infopass office supervisor going to send a note

pamit73 said:
India EB1 PD May 04 (Current)

Went to local office for infopass inquiry. They checked the status of my file and told me that the officer had not touched my file since my interview in December 05. After showing them that my PD was current, they said that their supervisor will send a note to the adjudicating officer informing her that my PD is current. Hopefully that will wake up the officer and she will approve my case.

Forgot to ask about name check but the officer did not mention that name check was the holdup. Hopefully it is not.

Last edited by a moderator:
baski555 said:
Hi Ind_2001,

When I read your case details, I thought it is more likely like mine.

My name check is cleared from my congressman's office reply. My PD is Nov 2001 and I 485 RD - August 2003. I called my congressman's office to do some follow up and the reply from their office is, I should hear somethign from NSC by end of this month and if I dont hear anything she asked me to call her back. The same day, when I checked my status, it did have LUD change, with no message update. Till now I dont know whether it is to do something or just nothing.

When I called NSC when my PD become current, they said, they have everythign in place, and I should hear soon. But my FP is expired long time ago, and my husband got bio during october 05, and I did not have another FP/bio(later found out because of my name check). For that the lady said, I can get an infopass and do my bio.

When I told my lawyer about this, he said we should wait for the letter from NSC and we should not just show up for bio with infopass.

Every morning I get up with the hope that I will hear something soon since March 1st. As you mentioned as it is March 15th, nothing positive happened and it make me really tense. I did not go to india since June 03. Now I have a son who is 1 1/2 years and everyone back home wants to see him. I do not want to spend money again on AP for me, my husband and our transit visas etc. I tell every one back home, I will come when I get my GC, but it does not seems like happening at all. Even my family teases me with that.

It is really a frustrating feeling to see others who filed later than us by year or more got it, and we are still waiting.

My lawyer (Rajiv's office) said to wait till 4/30/06. Also DO NOT start an inquiry, as it makes the process slow.

I dont know what to do except cursing myself for being in the NSC jurisdiction. We can see how CSC and TSC people get their approval. Also they have some one to request for expediting.

Please let me know if you have any updates on your case, and we both can share some info/ideas to see what happens.

Does any one know about taking infopass and going for bio? Please let me know.

Baski555

Baski555...........I don't know what to say here. Just that we both & lot many are in this boat of NSC. Regarding going to India, please get AP done & go. I have renewed my AP 2 times and now it will expiry next month. Everytime I hope that this is last time I use AP / EAD and no more renewals, but guess I am wrong. my EAD expires sometime in Aug or Sept. I think NSC is behind my money. But I would just say onething that don't wait for GC to come for your India trip. Its not worth waiting anymore. Let this GC come whenever it wants to come. My AP had expired and didn't renewed it thinking GC will come anytime, I could not go to India to see my dad who had to undergone a major surgery. I got my AP renewed for a month (with doctor's letter) from local office & went home and meanwhile I applied for new AP and went again to India for almost 6 weeks..... and that too with I-140 pending. This all is just a big pain..........nothing else.
BTW baski555 which state you are from? It seems that your congressman /senator office people reply in same manner as mine. I am from Michigan. How I wish that I was from Texas.........

Ind_2001 said:
Baski555...........I don't know what to say here. Just that we both & lot many are in this boat of NSC. Regarding going to India, please get AP done & go. I have renewed my AP 2 times and now it will expiry next month. Everytime I hope that this is last time I use AP / EAD and no more renewals, but guess I am wrong. my EAD expires sometime in Aug or Sept. I think NSC is behind my money. But I would just say onething that don't wait for GC to come for your India trip. Its not worth waiting anymore. Let this GC come whenever it wants to come. My AP had expired and didn't renewed it thinking GC will come anytime, I could not go to India to see my dad who had to undergone a major surgery. I got my AP renewed for a month (with doctor's letter) from local office & went home and meanwhile I applied for new AP and went again to India for almost 6 weeks..... and that too with I-140 pending. This all is just a big pain..........nothing else.
BTW baski555 which state you are from? It seems that your congressman /senator office people reply in same manner as mine. I am from Michigan. How I wish that I was from Texas.........

I am from Ohio. I too wish the same, either Texas or California.

what is the process, if 485 is approved while one is out of US

Ind_2001 said: