EB2 approvals/LUD changes/RFE from March 1st 2006 - PD current

baski555

Registered Users (C)
EB2 approvals/LUD changes/RFE from Jan 2006 - March 1st 2006 : PD current

Please post any changes in your case, since the PD become current. I know like me all of us are awaiting for something to happen. Hopefully something good. Let us keep this thread alive by posting the changes or atleast giving hopes to each other.

I have an infopass this afternoon, to go see what they are upto and wanted to confirm no other hurdle is on the way.

Baski555

EB2/RIR/INDIA - PD 11/01
485 RD - 08/03
RFE Responded - 11/05
Name Check - Lawyer confirmed NC cleared two weeks ago.
Approval - ???? Soon..... Very optimistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Baski555,

Which state are you from and what reason did you mention for the infopass appointment?

What did you choose for "type of appointment"?

"You have a question about your case" or "You wish to speak to an immigration officer"

baski555 said:
Please post any changes in your case, since the PD become current. I know like me all of us are awaiting for something to happen. Hopefully something good. Let us keep this thread alive by posting the changes or atleast giving hopes to each other.

I have an infopass this afternoon, to go see what they are upto and wanted to confirm no other hurdle is on the way.

Baski555

EB2/RIR/INDIA - PD 11/01
485 RD - 08/03
RFE Responded - 11/05
Name Check - Lawyer confirmed NC cleared two weeks ago.
Approval - ???? Soon..... Very optimistic.

usha03 said:
What did you choose for "type of appointment"?

"You have a question about your case" or "You wish to speak to an immigration officer"

Hi usha03,

I usually say wish to speak to an immigration officer. I am currently at Columbus, Ohio. The DO is very close to my work place, I can just walk up there within 10 minutes. I try to go to the DO rather talking to those Customer service people, who always say 'Dont know' for all of my questions after being hold for 30 minutes over the phone.

My lawyer confirmed my Name Check was cleared. but I could not get to hear for myself. Last time when I went to the DO I came to know about my Name check.

I just wanted to see if I have to prepare for any other surprises, or hope for approval, since we replied to RFE too.

Baski555

I have also taken an appointment. Please update after you appointment today with the immigration officer. I would appreciate if you can let me know how the conversation went also. What do you intend to ask the officer? I am asking this because if I say I came for case status, the officer might read what is available online.

Good to start this thread.

My PD also became current in march 06, and I anxiously log on to my uscis account everyday to see if there is some action. So far there has not been any action.

A suggestion - I would change the name of the thread to include people whose PD became current from Jan - April 06 - so as to broaden the scope and see the trend.

Also start a chart/table where we can just add our info. e.g. PD, Nationality, Labor category, Date priority date became current (DPDBC), Name check status, case status. With chart/table it will be easy to see the trends.

usha03 said:
I have also taken an appointment. Please update after you appointment today with the immigration officer. I would appreciate if you can let me know how the conversation went also. What do you intend to ask the officer? I am asking this because if I say I came for case status, the officer might read what is available online.

Hi usha03,

Sorry for not updating yesterday. I was too upset after my interview. 2 weeks ago, my lawyer told me my name check was cleared. But when I went to the office, the officer said, it is still pending. So I have to again go back and follow that track.

You may ask them all of your questions. If your name check is cleared, for you as well as for your spouse. When do you think this case will be approved. Is there any thing else you see on the computer which can affect teh approval. Is your FP okay until the approval.

In our local office, there were two io, one is always good and the other one does not like if you ask more than one question. Yesterday I was lucky to get the good officer. She even printed what ever she can see on the screen for me but said she cannot give that paper to me and tore it up.

Hope it helps, or ask me if you have any specific question and I will see if I can answer.

Baski555

usha03 said:
Thanks for the info Baski555. What was your RFE about?

It was about employment, medicals for me. Marriage for my husband. I am the primary in our case.

I called Customer Service Center yesterday. The lady who answered me was very polite. I asked her if my name check security checks etc. have been cleared. She said that she does not have that information and that I would have to send a letter asking for that information specifically to NSC. Then she asked me my 485 Receipt date. She checked it with the processing date of NSC which is June 30th 2005 and took my home address and phone number and asked me to check back if I do not receive anything within a month. My attorney said she would wait until first week of March and then initiate an inquiry. I have an infopass appointment with an immigration officer on March 14th. I will ask about me and my husband's background checks at that time.

baski, do you think the infopass helps for different region filing too

baski555 said:
Hi usha03,

Sorry for not updating yesterday. I was too upset after my interview. 2 weeks ago, my lawyer told me my name check was cleared. But when I went to the office, the officer said, it is still pending. So I have to again go back and follow that track.

You may ask them all of your questions. If your name check is cleared, for you as well as for your spouse. When do you think this case will be approved. Is there any thing else you see on the computer which can affect teh approval. Is your FP okay until the approval.

In our local office, there were two io, one is always good and the other one does not like if you ask more than one question. Yesterday I was lucky to get the good officer. She even printed what ever she can see on the screen for me but said she cannot give that paper to me and tore it up.

Hope it helps, or ask me if you have any specific question and I will see if I can answer.

Baski555

I did not quite understand your question. Did you mean to ask, even if we apply in service center, can the local DO answer our questions by infopass? Yes I was told that they can see exactly like the service center officer has in his computer. Because they are the Immigration Officers.

If I did not reply your question, please explain in detail, and will try to answer you if I know.

usha03 said:
I called Customer Service Center yesterday. The lady who answered me was very polite. I asked her if my name check security checks etc. have been cleared. She said that she does not have that information and that I would have to send a letter asking for that information specifically to NSC. Then she asked me my 485 Receipt date. She checked it with the processing date of NSC which is June 30th 2005 and took my home address and phone number and asked me to check back if I do not receive anything within a month. My attorney said she would wait until first week of March and then initiate an inquiry. I have an infopass appointment with an immigration officer on March 14th. I will ask about me and my husband's background checks at that time.

It is good to know, you got to speak to a polite rep. From my numerous calls, I found out they do not know much about the case. I wish you good luck to get your case approved even before you go for your infopass appointment.

Baski555,

Did you get to know from the immiration officer that you met yesterday, when and if your name check was initiated at all and if USCIS was waiting on the results from who(FBI??)?

usha03 said:
Baski555,

Did you get to know from the immiration officer that you met yesterday, when and if your name check was initiated at all and if USCIS was waiting on the results from who(FBI??)?

I found out about my name check pending status few months ago when I went for a status check by infopass appointment. Only yesterday I found out that USCIS initiated my name check twice.

One in 9/24/03, a month after I filed for my 485. And another one during 5/3/2005. She was saying they did not get any response from FBI for both. When I asked her, if she can do anything, she said she can initiate one more, but it could again delay my case.

When my lawyer called back 2 weeks ago, some officer at the NSC told them, my name check was completed. But the infopass said it is still pending. This made me to be very very upset. I thought since my PD become current, I would get some approval soon.

With my senator query, I found out FBI received my name check and yet to reponse back to USCIS. May be again now I am in the queue, only FBI only knows when they clear my name check, since we dont have any way to find out.

Baski555

Infopass on March 13 in Chicago

My PD is current since March 1. Original NSC filer, got case transfered to Chicago, attended interview in December and waiting since then. Let us see what the officer says. Will update after the infopass appointment.

I can go to local office in NSC, but case filed with employer region not NSC

baski555 said:
I did not quite understand your question. Did you mean to ask, even if we apply in service center, can the local DO answer our questions by infopass? Yes I was told that they can see exactly like the service center officer has in his computer. Because they are the Immigration Officers.

If I did not reply your question, please explain in detail, and will try to answer you if I know.

You may go to any local office, and they shall help you out with your questions. It is not only for NSC. Just with your A# they can pull up your info and help you.

LUD changed

I have an LUD changed on 3/10/06. I am hoping that it would a bio notice.

My congressman's office also said processing of my case is resumed after the visa availability. They also confirmed that my NC is cleared.

Baski555

Baski555,
Which state are you from? Can you please give me the letter that you wrote to your Congressman and the steps that you have taken inquiring through your Congressman?

baski555 said:
I have an LUD changed on 3/10/06. I am hoping that it would a bio notice.

My congressman's office also said processing of my case is resumed after the visa availability. They also confirmed that my NC is cleared.

Baski555