EB2 485: Pls post here

hopein2005 said:
Hi all,

My wife and I did our first FP (code 3) on Sept 7, 2005, but the case status online has not changed yet to replect anything about the FP. It continues to say "Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on July 25, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

Isn't supposed to change to some FP recieved, FP in progress status. Is this normal. Does it mean anything indicating FBI FP/name check process. I know that 485 is not going to get approved due to retro, but still I am curious if others had their status change after FP or if there is anything that I should do.

Just noticed your post. Same thing happened to me today. Please keep me posted when u notice a change in msg or anything new..

dcmetro22042 said:
I did FP on wednesday and I noticed that there is a LUD for today but the comments did not change. What does that mean?

It means they are doing some work on your file. so, hang in there. when your PD comes current, they will immediately approve your GC.

please help

Hi,
I have applied for I485 on september30,2005 before retrogression. I applied my I-140 around mid Aug'05 and, when I talked to my attorney last week he said they got bunch of approvals and mine is also there. Now the real problem is I got a date in Jan'06 for biometrics(code 3). I am not yet married and will be doing so in April'06. Now, if I don't want to give biometrics as they may approve my 485 before marriage. Also, the current processing time in USCIS site shows April 2004. Are they correct processing dates? Some people say they can randomly approve the cases.

Please suggest me what to do? Shall I give the biometrics or cancel it? The notice said, they may cancel the application if I don't give biometrics. Please help me. Thank you in advance.

Try to get biometrics postponed. Generally go to the ASC, show them that you are travelling on that date and will be out of town for 3-4 months. So ask them to give a date which is beyond april.

I cannot think of another way.

raj33 said:
Hi,
I have applied for I485 on september30,2005 before retrogression. I applied my I-140 around mid Aug'05 and, when I talked to my attorney last week he said they got bunch of approvals and mine is also there. Now the real problem is I got a date in Jan'06 for biometrics(code 3). I am not yet married and will be doing so in April'06. Now, if I don't want to give biometrics as they may approve my 485 before marriage. Also, the current processing time in USCIS site shows April 2004. Are they correct processing dates? Some people say they can randomly approve the cases.

Please suggest me what to do? Shall I give the biometrics or cancel it? The notice said, they may cancel the application if I don't give biometrics. Please help me. Thank you in advance.

Usually there will be two times LUD update one is the LUD changed to next day after your Biometrics done and second one will be second day after your FP. There will not be any change in message.

The only thing as per CIS, if there is no RFE within 6months time there will not be any issue from FP. This just my experince, some other folks may have different experience too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, raj33,

You may not need to do anything. On you FP notice, it should have something like: if you can not make the date, just go to the center the following Wednesday as long as it's before some date.

So if that some date meets your need, you don't have to do anything.

Good luck.

fiveice

My details

see my signature below. My PD will be current in Feb visa numbers.

I do not know FBI name check is complete. crossing fingers and waiting for I-485 approval

Edealfan,

Congrats, you will never forget your approval date since it was Jan 26th. R there any emails for 01/24-26 LUD's?

with regards
GS2005

April dates.

Is there any opinion whether the priority date will pass 3/18/2002 for EB2 in April Visa Bulletine ? . I was expecting it in March but again turned out to be unlucky.

case approved Dec2002-EB2??

i am confused

how could they approve ur case if your PD is Dec 2002....the current PD for EB2 -india is Jan2002

did u use cross chargebility

OK_LA......,
My 485 is not approved yet. My signature says 140 approved and not 485.
By the way what is cross chargebility?

guys,

140/485 ND Feb 2004
140 AD Mar 2005

485 approval still waiting. already have 2 finger prints.

Any advise to check on the things further...I see many folks with later 485 notice date getting approved...

Any approvals for EB2 having PD current ?

Any approvals for EB2 having PD current ? . Not seeing any approvals coming thru ?

Hi All
I am from Seattle and wanted to know how to find out whether my/spouse namecheck has cleared.My PD is current according to April Bulliten. :)
Can someone who has done namecheck in seattle area give me details about the senator and how to contact them?
Do u need an attorney for that or..we can find it out ourselves?
Any help is greatly appreciated
Find my details below.

EB2 India
PD:march 22nd 2002
I140/I485 RD:June 22nd 2005
EAD AP Approved:Aug 16th 2005
FP:22nd Aug 2005
I140 RFE 2nd Dec 2005
I140 ap to approved 17th Jan 2006
I485?????
Name check??

Pinkie123,

Contact Ireneo at the Senator Patty Murray's office. They are really very helpful. The contact number is :(206) 553-5545.

They really helped with the FBI name clearance and other issues also. You do not need any lawyer.... just explain your circumstances and they will help you out.