EB1- OR: please update your info.

Re: Re: approvals

Originally posted by July02EB12
got an RFE.
Need more recommendation letters (from "independent" sources - probably with the "keyword" OUTSTANDING - had submitted 5 or 6 with the application). They agree that my co-workers/collaborators/co-authors/supervisors hold me in very high regard (as stated by them)- they want to know whether the guy in the grocery store knows about me and my research...... :) (seriously, it is indeed a good point and I suggest anyone else who submits should consider this aspect - reco letters from people who you are not directly associated with in day-to-day research and publication)
Need to prove that a majority of the work published in my papers are indeed my contributions (issue with co-authors).
Need to show that the work done later on in industry is also MY work (again, issue I guess is with co-inventors in patents)

...or else, need to win a Nobel prize in the next 60 days (believe me guys...I am trying for this one :))

Any similar RFE experiences? Please let me know what you responded with......

If you get Nobel prize in the next 60 days, you will get the following RFE

Need to demonstrate that the Nobel prize is a national academic award and you are the primary contributor to this award.

I got the same kind of wording in my RFE for EB1-A (see my earlier postings).

Do not worry. Just get more letters from the people who are not your obvious co-workers and co-authors. Spend 1 - 2 months to prepare very good letters. Do not send the ones that you think are weak in ANY aspect.

Also, ask your co-authors to write brief statements about your contributions in each of your published papers (even if you are the first author).

Prepare very good RFE cover letter and, hopefully, you will be approved within a month after they receive your response.

Any new EB-1 OR approvals from July-Aug '02?
open_sesame it seems was the most recently approved case (RD Aug 13th '02; AD Apr 16th '04) noted in the tracker. Although, latest update by BCIS vermont for EB-1 OR says Aug 5th and as per tracker there are still pending cases from July and earlier.

Originally posted by Rajan123
Chaudhary-Shaib
July02EB12
Open seasme
Please give us some details about your I-485's.
Thanks

My I-140 was filed in mid-Aug. 2002, and was approved on 04/16/04
I-485 was filed in late Oct. or early Nov. 2002.
FP was done in Dec. 2002

No news for I-485 or second FP

July02EB12,

Not sure how much weightage my comments carry, considering I havent yet got my I-140 approval. Nonetheless this is just my 2 cents... should you find it helpful...

My lawyer had strongly recomended that my ref letters not be from my immediate boss and co-workers (as much as possible) - since it is easy to get strong supportive letters from your immediate collegues and INS is not easily immpressed with these. I therefore ended up getting letters from people outside of my institute who are in my research area and very familiar with my work through conferences and litterature, but who are not co-authors or immediate collaborators. Prominent scientists from other institutes, and especially NIH, CDC, etc will be particularly good. If they each emphasize different qualifications about your such that it has an additive effect on your "outstanding" researcher/professor application, then even better (as per my lawyer).

-lamhe

Re: FP ....

mzgh,

you mentioned "Holding Back". this is exactly my attorney told me when I asked for the outcom of my case inquiry. but I have no idea what this means. I hope "Holding Back would mean that they are on hold and will be open again when new policy such as the concurrent filling stuff starts, they will be pulled out. am I too optimastic? anyway, just try to find some daytime dreams to cheer myself up ..

Thanks.

Originally posted by mzgh
Dear Barney,
"On February 14, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case"
By review, I assume that a check has been made on my FP which i gave on Feb. 12, 2003. If it took only 2 days to review my FP (no hit), why would it take them longer to decide on my case. Well, I guess the queue must have a lot to do with it. My I-140 being not adjudicated yet is holding it back too. May be things will change soon.
How long are the FPs good for?
MZGH.

Barney
I like your approach (day dreaming)of dealing with frustrating situation of our I-140. You are not the only one who is day dreaming!

video as publication about you

Has anyone tried sending out seminar videos (wherein your contributions/products were discussed) as stuff mentioned by industry experts/leaders about you/your achievements?

Have a seminar soon on use/applications/relevance of a product I designed - and it is going to be video recorded - I am planning on sending that in as part of my RFE response (with an attached written summary, of course). Any thoughts/opinions/experiences?

Thanks.

Re: video as publication about you

Originally posted by July02EB12
Has anyone tried sending out seminar videos (wherein your contributions/products were discussed) as stuff mentioned by industry experts/leaders about you/your achievements?

Have a seminar soon on use/applications/relevance of a product I designed - and it is going to be video recorded - I am planning on sending that in as part of my RFE response (with an attached written summary, of course). Any thoughts/opinions/experiences?
I have no experience with video evidence submission, neither I ever heard of it. My feeling is: it might not be very helpful. Why ? The officer is not gonna get his/her royal butt off his/her seat and find a VCR, play it, etc.

On the other hand, if this seminar you are giving is particularly relevant, how about getting a letter from one of the attendees, someone who is not your mother or best friend ;) Really, a letter from someone saying that (s)he attended the seminar and (s)he is very impressed with your work, and the relevance of it, etc.

My 2 cts :)

Re: U.S. Is Losing Its Dominance in the Sciences

Originally posted by Rajan123
U.S. Is Losing Its Dominance in the Sciences
Obiviously !
http://nytimes.com/2004/05/03/science/03RESE.html?hp

No green card ! No innovation!
Oh, Rajan, I hate to say it, but I believe it is the other way around :(

Since the US has mostly lost interest in basic scientific research ... well, our GC's are not a top priority for them. Or maybe you were sarcastic and I missed it, ha ha ;)

Re: Re: video as publication about you

Originally posted by mendieta
I have no experience with video evidence submission, neither I ever heard of it. My feeling is: it might not be very helpful. Why ? The officer is not gonna get his/her royal butt off his/her seat and find a VCR, play it, etc.

On the other hand, if this seminar you are giving is particularly relevant, how about getting a letter from one of the attendees, someone who is not your mother or best friend ;) Really, a letter from someone saying that (s)he attended the seminar and (s)he is very impressed with your work, and the relevance of it, etc.

My 2 cts :)

...actually it is not me presenting. It is half a dozen other researchers presenting about use and relevance of a product that I developed as part of my R&D efforts....... but I agree with the fundamental logic about getting references from these guys instead of the video-tape......

New processing dates(may 6th)of EB1-0R moved to Sep.5.2002.
No news for me yet! Any august cases!!
RD: July 15 2002

New Processing Dates Sep 5th!!

VSC says September 5th 2002 for EB-1 (OR)!!!

Does this bear any resemblance to reality? I think not.

RPB8260

can u tell me where did u look for the new set of dates , since i still see april 22nd as the last updated one

new dates

rajan have u put in an inquiry yet?
any recent approvals guys? i think many of us were in the sept category.