EB1- OR: please update your info.

Can I ask for case referral by myself?

I am wondering what exactly a case referral is. I called the 1800 number once, but was told that ONLY the petitioner, i.e. my company or my attorney can ask for a case inquiry. Does "case inquiry" mean the same thing as "case referral"? How could I ask for this by myself?

Thanks !

Can I ask for case referral by myself?

Hi Barney,
Yes, it is the same thing. You can't ask for it yourself since you are the beneficiary. Have your boss, or the attorney do that for you. They would need to know your case number.
Unless I guess you filed on your behalf.... I do not know the answer for this.
My boss's inquiry was done on 04-05-04 but nothing yet. I called yesterday and was told that i need to wait 31 days, past that date, before I make an other inquiry.
Nothing seems to change things. I took a trip abroad last year to force their hand into checking me out. I renewed my EAD. Yet, it does not seem to make any difference.
However, I was told that we could be on two timers depending on our luck. I would like to be picked on the I-140 timer of course, rather than I-485 timer, since the former is 6 months older. I guess it is a question of luck from now on. I just hope I will survive till then.
Keep hope alive and breathe.
MZGH

Originally posted by barney_hi
I am wondering what exactly a case referral is. I called the 1800 number once, but was told that ONLY the petitioner, i.e. my company or my attorney can ask for a case inquiry. Does "case inquiry" mean the same thing as "case referral"? How could I ask for this by myself?

Thanks !

The only hope I have now is to have similar luck as Sekar and Alex. They got I-485 approval shortly after their I-140 approval. In that way, eventhough we lost tens of months for first step, we still get some time back from the second.

This is really tough for all of us .... helpless and hopeless ...

sigh...

Thanks for the encouragement from people here!

Actually there are big pool of (in 100s) of unadjuticated, persumably EB1 A, B and NIW categories, I-140s are still sitting idle from 1st of May to August 5th. I beleive, the recent show off by UCIS that they are moving fast is largely due to the fact that UCIS is under microscope by media,attorneys and pro-immigrant politicians. My point is they are as slow as
last year and even if they have made any improvement, I feel, which is negligible.

Sorry,

My I-485 is not approved yet.
My interview is in three weeks and HOPEFULLY I will get it done right on the spot.

Alex, my very best wishes to you and you will be just allright at that day!

My understanding is that transfering to local for an interview is almost the same as you will get approval but just with an interview to make sure some of your qualifications are still valid.

Do you mean there are cases which will take another period of time after the interview?

Very possiblily I misunderstood the real meaning of the interview, but what is the interview all about?

I read a lot of unpleasant stories at 485 subforum.

All bad combinations are possible:

1. Interview notice would not come in a year after transfer to a local office (very much depends on geographic area),

2. People pass the interview, but not get approved and stamped right away,

3. Plastic card or approval notice would not come in the mail for a year and temporary stamp would expire, etc.

But most of the people are riding through this step smoothly, and, indeed, the transfer to a local office usually means fast lane to approval.

mzgh and skusa

I studied the whole evening on some of the news. I know the there is no logic for VSC atc., but still the news is good for us, I believe. According the the memo and the center update, we are very likely to be ajudicated for both 140 and 485 together. Since by definition, we fall into the concurrent category, and we probably are those in the first group who took the concurrent filing advantage. My understanding is that they will pull our 485 and 140 files together based on the I140 date, and process them at once.

My only concern is the FP. The status for mine never changed. I am not sure if it will be updated to indicate if FBI has done the job or not. Any thought on this Sekar or Alex?

Some news is better than nothing. Lets cross fingers and see .........

Thanks !

What they were talking about all last year - they will process 485 and 140 files together based not on the I140 date but on 485 date.

I do not know at which point they reversed their position. May be starting tomorrow it will be different?

Do not be fooled with some cases that got both early 140 and 485 approvals. It happened before and it happens all the time. But the fact is, that many people are not so lucky and have to wait much longer.

FP ....

Dear Barney,
"On February 14, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case"
By review, I assume that a check has been made on my FP which i gave on Feb. 12, 2003. If it took only 2 days to review my FP (no hit), why would it take them longer to decide on my case. Well, I guess the queue must have a lot to do with it. My I-140 being not adjudicated yet is holding it back too. May be things will change soon.
How long are the FPs good for?
MZGH.

Originally posted by barney_hi
I
My only concern is the FP. The status for mine never changed. I am not sure if it will be updated to indicate if FBI has done the job or not. Any thought on this Sekar or Alex?

Thanks !

mgzh..

mgzh, I just wanted to share my thoughts / guesses that may be helpful.

I had filed for I-140 Labor Substitution in March 2002.

It seemed forever to me that my I-140 was not getting approved until March 2004 when my I-140 finally got approved. Then they issued FP-2 notice in 04/04.

I had applied for my I-485 in Sep'02 before approval of my I-140 application. So I guess they are considering my case as concurrently filed application as they didn't start working on my application until I-485 dates reached close to March'02.

In my case it appears that my I-140 filing date had no bearing on my I-140 approval date. They have adjucted my I-140 based on current I-485 approval date.

I'm not sure if my theory is true. This is only my guess.

I wish you luck and soon you will get approvals as well.

have we got an explanation for our I-140 delays?

News Flash on immigration.com

3) Are the instructions equally applicable to concurrently filed cases that are currently in pipeline and not yet adjudicated with respect to the March 31, 2004 interoffice memo.

The recent memo would apply to concurrently filed I-140/I-485 cases that are n the centers adjudication pipeline that is if there has been no adjudicative action regarding the I-140. If the center has already adjudicated the I-140, the memo would not apply.

If, we fall under to this so called "pipeline" it is going make a big difference in our approval!!!

4) One Processing Time Report date for I-140s filed as stand alone and concurrent filings

According to the center there would be one PTR date for I-140s filed as stand alone and concurrent filings. But, if the case is a concurrent filing, the I-140/I-485 packet will be pulled when the I-485 is adjudication ready regardless of the fingerprints and/or name checks have cleared. If the I-485 is not adjudication ready, the I-140 will not be pulled for adjudication based on the I-140 processing date.

This is confusing to me!!!

5) With respect to the March 31, 2004 memo if an I-140 is filed on April 27, 2004 and the I-485 is filed on May 20, 2004, under the concurrent filing regulations is this filing series ?

For the purpose of implementing this memo - concurrent filing means any I-140/I-485 filed at the same time or a subsequent I-485 filing pursuant to a pending I-140 if no adjudicative action has been taken on the I-140.

Fujito memo applies to our cases too!!!

concurrent/standalone

All this jargon is really confusing, thanks though to rajan to make some sense out of it. However, waht does this eman for us rajan? i.e concurrent filers? and also for stand alones?

arjundc
What this means is, for example in your case, if you have a concurrent filing and I-140 processing dates have gone beyond 09 /27 /02, your I-140 case will not get processed untill your I-485 is not adjudication ready(finger prints and name check cleared). In the same situation (I-140 processing dates have gone beyond 09 /27 /02)if you are lucky to have adjudication ready I-485 both of I-140/I-485 will get approved ! You will have your green card in no time!
If everything falls in place it will be a dream situation !

Above mention example is based on my understanding of Fujie memo as well as the immigration.com news flash.

I could be wrong.

fuj memo

thanks rajan for the clarification. I guess, i am in the worst possible limbo, as my 485 was filed after a year of 140 (nd sept 25, 2002). S

fuj memo

thanks rajan for the clarification. I guess, i am in the worst possible limbo, as my 485 was filed after a year of 140 (nd sept 25, 2002). So far no news on 140 and no finger printing etc. so i don't know when anything will happen especially in light of these new rules. It is really frustating.

Originally posted by Rajan123
Chaudhary-Shaib
July02EB12
Open seasme
Please give us some details about your I-485's.
Thanks

I don't think there will be any progress on my I-485 till the RFE on my I-140 is lifted (just got it earlier this week). The status on the website reads "On October 29, 2002, the results of your fingerprint review for your ......."

Re: approvals

Originally posted by arjundc
hi guys any approvals/rfes? for august or earlier?

got an RFE.
Need more recommendation letters (from "independent" sources - probably with the "keyword" OUTSTANDING - had submitted 5 or 6 with the application). They agree that my co-workers/collaborators/co-authors/supervisors hold me in very high regard (as stated by them)- they want to know whether the guy in the grocery store knows about me and my research...... :) (seriously, it is indeed a good point and I suggest anyone else who submits should consider this aspect - reco letters from people who you are not directly associated with in day-to-day research and publication)
Need to prove that a majority of the work published in my papers are indeed my contributions (issue with co-authors).
Need to show that the work done later on in industry is also MY work (again, issue I guess is with co-inventors in patents)

...or else, need to win a Nobel prize in the next 60 days (believe me guys...I am trying for this one :))

Any similar RFE experiences? Please let me know what you responded with......